Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

How I Beat Lagos Traffic - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Beat Lagos Traffic (935 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic / Utibe Nkanga Took Biking To Beat Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Beat Lagos Traffic by MyZoto: 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
If you live in Lagos, you would have definitely by now had a close encounter with Lagos traffic. Everybody hates Lagos traffic and especially the stress it comes with; battling with the crazy danfo bus drivers, the suicidal okada riders, the street vendors, the floods, the potholes and even the over-zealous LASTMA officials

You leave your destination looking like this

And arrive looking like this

Yes, the traffic makes you feel like you just defeated the entire Persian army in Sparta. So next time you find yourself sitting bumper to bumper in a Lagos traffic, listening to Wande Coal’s hit track is not your only respite, try any of these stress-defeating activities.

Wind Up

Now we don’t consider this one of the things to do in traffic. This is an essential. Safety is key. Always wind your windows up, especially at night. Even if your air-conditioning does not work, wind up and leave just a little crack such that hands or weapons cannot fit in. It is better to sweat for some minutes (sometimes hours) than to get robbed of your snazzy smartphone and bling, hard-earned money or even your life. Also, keep your valuables out of view so you don’t attract unnecessary attention.

Get On The Phone

It can get really hard to find time to sneak in a phone call in the middle of a busy day. What better time to do this than when you are stuck in traffic and a place that you don’t want to be. The long hours spent stuck in traffic can be used to check in with your friends, call your family or fix that appointment you’ve been meaning to do. And if you happen to run out of airtime in the middle of these phone calls, makes sense to quickly use your Zoto app to recharge on the go.

For more tips on how to beat stress in Lagos traffic, go here: http://zoto.com.ng/top-5-ways-to-avoid-stress-in-lagos-traffic/
Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by Whizpeter(m): 3:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Someone should quote me when this dude starts making sense
Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by colossus2: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
Warris dis wan saying
Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by Readonee35L(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
This shiit is boring as Bleep
it does not even make sense angry angry
Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by lonelydora: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
If I understand one thing here, make I naked bath for bathroom.
Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
I imagine you telling this to a Danfo Driver, on a heated traffic more especially to always wind up to ensure safety of the passengers and their belongings...
Make sure u drink "hot" before doing that, cox what you might recieve on ur cheeks maybe hotter.

1 Like

Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by billy187(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2015
I don't see what's awful about this write-up; actually find it quite funny!

The wind-up-your-windows thing is actually an astute suggestion: if you're driving your own car. A while ago, I witnessed a phone being straight up snatched from a lady's suv. She had her windows wound down so the dudes just straight up walked to the car, snatched the phone and vanished into the crowd.

Op...you might wanna post the rest here though, us cartalkers are pretty allergic to 'wild' links.

1 Like

Re: How I Beat Lagos Traffic by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
The problem is that even if you wind up, they now break glasses. It's better sha because it makes the robbery more difficult.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry Year 2000 Consumes Fuel When Put On Ac / Pls Help Explain This Icon On A 2008 Toyota Corolla / .......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.