Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (389185 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DikSin(m): 6:49am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
The dude dropped the info but you were blind to see it!

I may be blind but I really don't need his poisonous info. People like this will give you something like a bait to scam you for the real catch. So you see I don't patronize such mofos.

My philosophy is: water wey man go drink, e no go flow pass am.

Let him keep on displaying his stup!dity... The gods are watching in 7D

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by shiffynaani(m): 6:52am On Sep 19, 2015
latitidejavu:
I am very impressed with this thread. As a matter of fact I have been wondering why Nigerian youths are not very active on upwork especially.

I outsource all non-core skills in my business to upwork and I am always happy. This year alone I have spent $2400 dollars on upwork.

All my workers have been indians as they have great ICT skills.

God bless victor101for opening this thread but first I will point out something....do not have money alone as a motivation. Yes money should motivate you but do not make it all about money. Believe me you will not be hired.

My first worker did my branding for $150 and since then I have retained him as my permanent brand consultant. I have paid him over $1000 since last year December.

As someone has said here GET VERY VERY GOOD in some skill. Do not carry this Nigerian shortcut, quick route mentality to upwork. You will not succeed.

I like the fact that I will review you and pass the results to the site owners without you seeing what I reviewed. There is also the reviews you can see.

Its sort of an online HR department for my company. I assess workers report and decide who to hire. So first thing first, GET A SKILL AND BE TERRIFIC IN THAT SKILL.

Anybody complaining of the government as a youth in this current global economy is a joke.
pls what kind of skills are required?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by shiffynaani(m): 7:02am On Sep 19, 2015
stagger:

I will be contacting you and others who have sent me messages in due course. Presently we are very full. This set is being trained with a grant I got from a foreign foundation so you can only imagine the rush we had for the few spaces available. I am working on getting a N4million grant from another foreign foundation. By October I will know the outcome of my application. I am hopeful it will be approved so that appropriate scholarship can be given to those who need to learn some cool skills so that you won't have to pay for the training.

So keep up with the prayers.
sir,i am very interested in the training too.pls sir consider me too.my phone no is 08180293887,07033472751 and my email is shefiu1995@gmail.com
i will be looking forward to your response sir
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Philistine(m): 7:03am On Sep 19, 2015
victor101:

Yea, apart from that, you should have a skill(s) you are exceptional in. This should answer your question.
pls, is there any training centre or academy in Lagos where one can acquire these Skills.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kelechiodo(m): 7:13am On Sep 19, 2015
Following
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by godoluwa(m): 7:14am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

Bros I've watching you from page zero of this thread up to this point.

Pls pastor bro. Staggar or whatever... Why not be positive instead of being a negative influence on here
That's why I hate people who worship @ LFC sad they're too problematic. Because you quote that passage doesn't mean you're better than an infidel, you hear So, GE_RARA_HERE for REAL man. Stingy poisonous fellow like you are.

Damn!
Hmmm, stagger waz like G.O of his church preaching prosperity is good without d clues on how to succeed. am a Christian too but dont attend such church. honestly, stagger is a cancerworm to this thread because his blabbing makes some loss interest at early stage.

6 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2015
chimoskyg:
Pls what kind if services do one offer to client.
A list of skills or works will make my day.
Thanks

Am 80% good in computer and educational processes and methods
check Upwork.com and I am sure you will find something related to that. PeoplePerHour.com is another.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:29am On Sep 19, 2015
All of you attacking stagger are blind as bat.
You lots lack analytical minds, a skill for discerning capability.
Spit!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Nice one, when i see Android App developer like you, iFeel excited, iThought i am the only around.Keep it up Stagger
hey bro, can I contact you?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

I may be blind but I really don't need his poisonous info. People like this will give you something like a bait to scam you for the real catch. So you see I don't patronize such mofos.

since I knew the dude here, I have never seen him scam anyone.

He has been here since 2009. I am not forcing you to like stagger. That's your prerogative. All I am saying is that doubting everything will make you miss opportunity sometimes.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2015
It seems people, I mean some actually, do not know the meaning of SKILL.

In local parlance, it means "handwork". So what handwork do you possess as a prospective feelancer? Can you draw? Do graphics. Can you write? Do article writing? Can you code? Build apps, websites, themes and plugins.

Just name it!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2015
amanikondo:

You are right. I even gave a job to the guy you mentioned. He is so good.
who is the guy. Can I meet him? Should I send you a mail? Regards
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coretechng1(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2015
Philistine:
pls, is there any training centre or academy in Lagos where one can acquire these Skills.
But you were giving sites like lynda.com,udemy.com,coursera.org---These are great sites to learn anything you wanna lean at very cheap prices.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2015
Peterwins:
To acquire some relevant skills, visit www.udacity.com co-founded by:

Sebastian Thrun (born May 14, 1967) is an educator, programmer, robotics developer and computer scientist from Germany. He is CEO and cofounder of Udacity, an institution he cofounded with David Stavens and Mike Sokolsky. He was a Google VP and Fellow, and a Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Thrun

Don't let money be the ultimate motivating factor before you decide to acquire relevant skills especially if and/or when you hear (listen to) tales by moonlight.

I posted about Elance and Odesk some years back on this site in 2013 ( https://www.nairaland.com/1378158/global-freelance-jobs ) without mentioning mouth-watering sums. Until you mention huge figures people generally would not listen to you or take you serious.

Once again people interested in acquiring some tech skills should simply visit www.udacity.com
is Udacity free?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coretechng1(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
It seems people, I mean some actually, do not know the meaning of SKILL.

In local parlance, it means "handwork". So what handwork do you possess as a prospective feelancer? Can you draw? Do graphics. Can you write? Do article writing? Can you code? Build apps, websites, themes and plugins.

Just name it!
grin grin grin grin-----some people wont get it till you write it in ABC
Skills===App. Application Dev.,Web design,Graphics Design,Article writing====these are some skills already mentioned on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coretechng1(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
is Udacity free?
Why not open the site and check if its free or not.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 8:09am On Sep 19, 2015
coretechng1:
grin grin grin grin-----some people wont get it till you write it in ABC
Skills===App. Application Dev.,Web design,Graphics Design,Article writing====these are some skills already mentioned on this thread.
grin grin grin grin na so we see am o.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by seaman23: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2015
@ victor 10thankthanks for the info and please keep the good work and for stagger thanks for the very important point of having the skill first and doing the right thing I aurge you guys to keep the good work why I need the skill i will need your helps to get this skill as I am new to freelance writing but I love writing and am passionate about it once more thanks guys and keep up the good work please here's my email:isedejosephsampson@gmail. com will be glad if both of you mentor me thanks and God bless@ stagger&victor101.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by NTCozone(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2015
@victor101: im very interested & will like u 2 comm off here my email is ozoney2kus@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DikSin(m): 8:39am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
since I knew the dude here, I have never seen him scam anyone.

He has been here since 2009. I am not forcing you to like stagger. That's your prerogative. All I am saying is that doubting everything will make you miss opportunity sometimes.

it is not until someone takes money from you that you call it a scam, bro. that good for nothing fellow is a scam for all i care.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DikSin(m): 8:48am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

it is not until someone takes money from you that you call it a scam, bro. that good for nothing fellow is a scam for all i care.

You can imagine how calm and subtle he is when talking about his silly academy but sounds brash while talking outside his 'business'.

I swear to God, oloshi ni bobo yen! Period.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by engrrichie92(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2015
stagger:

Acquire a skill that you can sell on that site. That was my secret. When you are that good, no one will want to know your country of origin. Skills speak!

what skill exactly sells the most sir if I may ask?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 9:02am On Sep 19, 2015
http://www.copyblogger.com/earn-more-freelancing/
Learn writing from the masters of the game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

ok
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by megamindmaster(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2015
I noticed this hread hit front page and just within 24 hours I didn't visit, I couldn't recognize the thread again cos a lot of negative minded peeps entered.

Well, there are still some right-minded people who really want to help themselves here. Don't let a home or anything deter you. Happy for a few peeps here helping alongside OP.

You can send a mail to my signature, will be glad to assist with the little I know. No time wasters pls
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hisenjos: 9:34am On Sep 19, 2015
We can help you get your funds from Fiverr, Freelancer, Elance, Leapviral, Upwork etc and pay to your Naira bank account promptly.
See signature for contact details.
You can send sms and we will call you.

https://www.nairaland.com/2359218/welcome-hisenjos-paypal-nairaland-customer

cozy7:
Thanks for d offer of assistance, how do I receive my pay (in Nigeria) since most of them (I guess) uses PayPal, which is Nigeria-friendly?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jobgbemi(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2015
stagger:

I will be contacting you and others who have sent me messages in due course. Presently we are very full. This set is being trained with a grant I got from a foreign foundation so you can only imagine the rush we had for the few spaces available. I am working on getting a N4million grant from another foreign foundation. By October I will know the outcome of my application. I am hopeful it will be approved so that appropriate scholarship can be given to those who need to learn some cool skills so that you won't have to pay for the training.

So keep up with the prayers.

Thank you sir. I am in Delta state but will move down to Lagos by October. I also seriously need to acquire this skills. Please just help me into the academy and make me make money too. my email us faremioluwaseun@gmail.com. or you contact me through 08132505781 or 07019828336. Thanks for your anticipated consideration. I await you sir.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 10:08am On Sep 19, 2015
coretechng1:
Use a router and you will be fine.
dis kinda sounds strange t me,hw do i get and use dat?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

Who has asked for your patronage, Mr man? What do u have for me to patronize you? Is it your empty bank account, your empty skull or your empty words?

How old were you when I bought my first car 20 years ago?Probably still in diapers...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
All of you attacking stagger are blind as bat.

You lots lack analytical minds, a skill for discerning capability.

Spit!
ur mail box has bin shouting "read me! read me!!" ...lol,awaiting ur reply
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2015
boladale:

For someone who has made so much from the 'very scarce' skills, I'm amazed you need to be told something very glaring about yourself - that you are proud, and you still go on to interpret it as jealousy!

Meanwhile, I recall someone asked you to share the link to your profile? Don't bury that.. common!

Why the fvck does he have to do that?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2015
pocoapoco88:
ur mail box has bin shouting "read me! read me!!" ...lol,awaiting ur reply
lol... I wanted to tell you to always inform me. That email isn't my primary email.

I will take a look.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.