Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread (1127 Views)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Why I'm Convinced That No One Will Make Heaven, Be You A Christian Or A Pagan / Is Governor Ambode Of Lagos State A Christian Or Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by God2man(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
Nowadays, everybody is called a Christian, it does not matter how you dress, talk or behave, as long you go to church on Sunday, you are regarded as a Christian. We behave anyhow from Monday to Saturday but on Sunday we tend to put on a holy look. Thieves go to church on Sunday. Armed Robber attend Church on Sunday. Fornicators walk to the church on Sunday. 419ERS go to church on Sunday. In fact if something happen and you are not in the church on Sunday, then it means that you are more wicked than the devil.

Now, you are not a true christian, if you still behave or manifest the following lifestyles enumerated below:

You must not be called a christian just because you bear a christian name, Dorcas, Peter, John. No! This is deception from the pit hell. It is good to have such Christian names, it is bad to behave otherwise.
You may be called by those names, does it reflect in your character? Some names are sacred, Samuel, call by God. How can you bear Samuel and you are caught in Fornication or stealing, what an irony!
So, your christian name is not an evidence that you are a true christian. Sister or Spinster, beware of Church members with all these names, they may be deceiving you into courtship or marriage. Brothers, Watch and pray.

For the fact that you graduated from theological college and you are giving a christian leadership title, Pastor, Reverend, Bishop, Apostle, Prophet, or and Evangelist does not mean you are a true Christian. Many people have been deceived, Once they hear such christian titles, they begin to surrender and obey whatever they are commanded to do, they will not bother to check and examine the lifestyle of such men bearing these titles. Jesus Christ said; by the fruit you shall know them, that is the character, how they behave. You are not a true christian at all with all these christian titles, these leadership titles are just LABEL. The content is more important than the LABEL or container.
It is possible for a man to be intelligent when it comes to theology and be a spiritual dullard as far as spiritual growth is concerned. It is one thing to be brainwashed by theological doctrines, it is completely different thing to be fervent in spirit or to be spiritually strong. The truth is, it is easier to acquire all these certificates than to become a true christian.

Being a member of Winners, Mfm, Redeemed, CAC, or any other living Churches around does not make you a true christian. In fact, you can go from church to hell fire. You are just a christian by membership card. You can be a member of any of these churches and still become a candidate of hell. You have been a member for many years, yet you have not had an encounter with Jesus. You have met your Apostle, Pastor or Evangelist, but you have not met Jesus. What an unprofitable relationship!

When you pray to God and you receive answers does not make you a true christian. There are some fake prophet around that receive answers to prayers but they are very far from the Kingdom of heaven. Do not be deceived. How can you claim to be a true christian, you received answers to your prayers but you are a liar, womaniser, and you are stealing God's money. No! Check it. A strange demons might have possessed you, deceiving you that you are doing the right thing.

The true measure of a true christian is not money. Anybody can be rich through various lawful and unlawful ways. For the fact that you are financially blessed does not mean you have a good christian character. Money cannot give you everything you need in life. It may give you comfort but not peace of mind. It may give you a comfortable bed but money will not give you sleep. So, being financially bouyant is not an approval that you are true christian.

Walking gently as if the ground will break is not an evidence that you a true christan. Wisdom is needed here. Dressing like a deeper lifer is not an enough evidence that you have met Christ. You can wear a good christian clothing but inwardly you are a witch or a devil inside. Please understand what I mean, it is Godly to cover your nakednes and to avoid all worldly or polluted jewellery but it is not sufficient that you are a true christian.

Now, how do we know a true christian?

Act 11:26 " And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to , that a WHOLE YEAR they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called CHRISTIANS first in Antioch"

What is the meaning of the word CHRISTIANS?
It means CHRISTLIKE. Just like Christ.
For a whole year in Antioch, people were watching and reading the epistle written on them, they found out that for a whole year, these people were honest, truthful, humble, kind and fervent in spirit. They decided to call them CHRISTLIKE or CHRISTIAN.
If you are looking for true christian, Watch him or her for a whole year, then you will discover whether the person is Christlike or devil like.

A true Christian is someone who has experience a new birth . Somebody who has made Christ the centre of his priorities. His spirit, His soul, His body abide in Christ. A true christian allow Christ to direct his path.

To be continued.
God bless you. God2man

1 Like

Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by adedayourt(m): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
kk
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by JewelRegi(f): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
Na true talk be dat o.
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by Goshen360(m): 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
I completely agree with the OP but on the other hand, you have no right to say they are not Christians because they act wrongly. There's a wide difference between maturity and being childish!

1 Like

Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by God2man(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Goshen360:
I completely agree with the OP but on the other hand, you have no right to say they are not Christians because they act wrongly. There's a wide difference between maturity and being childish!

Pls sir, I don't seem to understand.
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by Goshen360(m): 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
God2man:

Pls sir, I don't seem to understand.

Put it simple - A Christian is not less a Christian weather sin or mistake. That's why I completely agree with the article but the title is kind of misleading or sending a wrong impression that some or "true" Christians and some "are not". Tell me if the true Christians too don't make mistake or sin once a while. I hope you get my point now? There's a wide margin between being a baby\childish and a mature Christian. May the Lord help His Church!
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by PastorOluT(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
Goshen360:

Put it simple - A Christian is not less a Christian weather sin or mistake. That's why I completely agree with the article but the title is kind of misleading or sending a wrong impression that some or "true" Christians and some "are not". Tell me if the true Christians too don't make mistake or sin once a while. I hope you get my point now? There's a wide margin between being a baby\childish and a mature Christian. May the Lord help His Church!

I agree with the fact that there are no true or fake xtians for it is either u are one or not. And also that we are all growing to maturity and a baby xtian who many at times makes mistake is not lesser a xtian than a more mature one who makes less mistake.

Now there is something I will want to share in the light of xtians who do not exhibit the life of Christ even after many years of being saved. There is a lost teaching in the christendom which is keeping many xtians in bondage of elemental forces of this world though they have been saved (born again).

The concept of salvation is ot fully taught in churches today and many at times neglected. There is a difference between being born again and salvatio, when many give their lives to Christ, or better put accept the life of Christ, they think that is all there is to salvation. Not realizing that being born again is just a means to an end, but what God really desire is the salvation of man spirit soul and body. The ultimate goal of God is to make us like is Son while here on earth which is the reason for growth to maturity, but that would only be consumated at the later end.

Continue.....
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by PastorOluT(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
When we got born again it was only our spirit man that was quickened, our soul n body still remained the same n no change whatsoever was experienced. So when we got born again and received the God kind of life to live like Christ here on this side of eterninity, we have the potential to become exactly that. But the problem now arise cos we have spent some time in the world n our soul (mind) has bee so corrupted n needed to be regenerated to comform to our new identity or new life simply put.

Continue........
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by ezebrain: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Unlike those poor wretched ignorant church slaves who called themselves pastors and so on, he, the op is honest in this article.

You will soon see how these stubborn church enthuciasts will thrust themselves into this honest thread and want to correct the op with their indoctrinated narrow minded idea.

Even the word of Christ that "not just those who call Him lord lord will enter into paradise, but only those who do the will of His father," will not make sence to them.

They regard Christ and Christianity as their parental inheritage. No doubt, if these religious slaves were born into muslim community by muslim parents, they will still cling tenaciously to the islamic doctrin, and will not shrink from eliminating any person who dares to oppose their idea, or even speak against muhammed.

These facts alone will show any serious observer that these church slaves are not true Christains, are not really serving GOD; but they are only serving their parents, their priests and their vanity!
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by PastorOluT(m): 9:29pm On Sep 12, 2015
The problem now is it takes some workings on our part by the Holy Ghost for our minds to follow suit with our spiriy cos it will not naturally was to yield. So we work out out our salvation with fear n trembling that which the Holy Ghost is working in us. This we do daily n continuously till our mind fully yield n we have the mind of Christ, though we r given the life of Christ bt not the mind which came later wards.

Continue.......
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by PastorOluT(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
Time and space will not permit me to fully express my thought here. Now coming to those that claim to have accepted Christ for some time (years) n are nothig like him. I tell u these one have fallen to the category of those that are trampling the grace of God underfoot and there remaineth no sacrifice for their sins. The reason is simple, the greatest sin a man can commit is to willig go astray when he knows the truth Hebrews 10:26-27 better explain that.

NB The truth should always be told that though we are all growing to maturity bt anyone that still hides under d facade of baby xtians after years in the faith to indulge in his/her excesses cant decieve anyone but recieve just recompense n would never attain full salvation. He will never be kept blameless spirit, soul n body unto the day of Christ 1 Thessalonians 5:23.

1 Like

Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by ezebrain: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
Day by day, hour by hour, the time for your death approaches! And then, in your pain in the land of the living dead, you will stretch your blood stained hand; the hand with wich you once thrust nails on the Son of GOD, and expect Him whom you treated with scorn to carry you along with that same hand. But you will be pushed away!

There in the afterlife, you will never see your parents nor your pastor to help you in your well deserved punishment.
Adamant stands the Holy Justice of GOD!!!

This warnning is for those wicked church goers who will call themselves christains after Him.Those who regard a book written by human hand as their god. Those who hide their sins under the cloack of church. He who has ear let him hear!!!
Re: Examine Yourself Whether You Are A True Christian Or Not On This Thread by God2man(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
@Goshen, Pastor olu, & ezebrain, I appreciate all your inputs on this thread.

God bless you.
God2man

(1) (Reply)

The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? / Giving And Receiving / Simplified Layman Explanation Of The Basic Ideas Of Evolution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.