Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? (1133 Views)

If Adam And Eve Where Whites According To Some Books And Bibles,why Are We Black / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? / Progress And Riches Of A Family In Benin Locked & Tied Through Diabolical Means (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 04, 2015
This Question has always been bothering my heart. The Caucasians are not as religious as the blacks, but are doing very well economically and in standard of living, why?

Abroad, churches over there are still populated by black immigrants... Yet they(blacks) are still very backwards why? embarassed undecided.

6 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Justice28(m): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2015
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2015
Our fathers talk say, "owner killed dog for meat, Na person wey branch chop dey complain of tooth ache"

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by An2elect2(f): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2015
I thought slavery is over. I give up sad
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Magician1503(m): 10:50am On Oct 04, 2015
That 'why' gangan has remained elusive for years
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by donbabade: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2015
Melanin is responsible. Blacks feel they ve to breakthrough. Religion helps
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 04, 2015
who told u that op? why is it that they are committed to evangelism the most? it may seems so to u but dy ar as religious as ur myoptic mind

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2015
because they clearly use their Heads...and we don't...embarassed

9 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2015
elijah2u:
who told u that op? why is it that they are committed to evangelism the most? it may seems so to u but dy ar as religious as ur myoptic mind
my brother stop lying to urself... yes the white missionaries brought Christianity to us; but currently many have abandoned Christianity, right now, Most are atheist, but they are progressing far better; be truthful to urself for ones...
donbabade:
Melanin is responsible. Blacks feel they ve to breakthrough. Religion helps
u nailed it sire, very correct...
An2elect2:
I thought slavery is over. I give up sad
what are u giving up on? This is our problem we have been battling with for years, and responsible for our backwardness, have u travelled out of this country before? If u have U'll cry for the Africa and other black races alike; and we keep on denying this fact... the first act of setting things aright is by first accepting there is a problem, identify it, then other things can fellow; u don't keep on denying your problems... u won't grow
olafisoyeibukun:
Our fathers talk say, "owner killed dog for meat, Na person wey branch chop dey complain of tooth ache"
can't seem to make any sense of ur post; pls help me...
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by elantraceey(f): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2015
Because religiosity helps no one.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 04, 2015
Maybe cos we only announce our deliciousness, we don't truly practise what it teaches.
D whites on d other hand have ttrained themselves to be discipline And to shun I'll behaviours.
We preach again st corruption stealing and all but we have no restraint collecting tithes/sad away from pole we know to have gotten their money by iĺegal means.
And then, d whites r also part of d reasons we r still poor cos of years Of slavery and colonisation. We can't just suddenly rise from d damage done. How many white countries got their independence from another? And then the use of borrowed languages Which makes many a child be termed dullard even though d real problem he or she ma have may be d language of instruction And he or she may perform better had d same lesson been taught in his or her native language.
And then, in African countries.., religion is most certainly the opium of we masses. U can imagine governors owing how many months salary and then coming to Sunday servixservice or Jim at to plead with the citizens to bear with them. And stupid as we are we take it in cossuch politician has mentioned something about God.
U imagine I'd it were d white counterparts, even d most religious of them would immediately oppose any such politician cos he/she know you shud do what's right not hide under d umbrella of being God conscious.
And also that we often restrict ourselves even whence religious rules haven't, we r ysusally content with what little we have at d moment even though we could explore more. We are content with whatever scientific findings we have even though there's room for us to devise the means to d same end. yes. We r often told to be content with what we have in terms of richefs, but we seem to in our own interpretation, to see something bad in making more money as can be made and then donating it to charity or using it for considerable developments in our country.
Meanwhile let's not forget that most of the thinhthings whites indulge in to make money are forbidden according to our religious rules and to that I say we cud instead xplore other means that r permitted by our religion and make use of it to the fullest.
Just my jumbled up thoughts, I hope someone an make sense of it

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
Maybe cos we only announce our religiousness, we don't truly practise what it teaches.
D whites on d other hand have ttrained themselves to be discipline And to shun I'll behaviours.
We preach again st corruption stealing and all but we have no restraint collecting tithes/sad away from pole we know to have gotten their money by iĺegal means.
And then, d whites r also part of d reasons we r still poor cos of years Of slavery and colonisation. We can't just suddenly rise from d damage done. How many white countries got their independence from another? And then the use of borrowed languages Which makes many a child be termed dullard even though d real problem he or she ma have may be d language of instruction And he or she may perform better had d same lesson been taught in his or her native language.
And then, in African countries.., religion is most certainly the opium of we masses. U can imagine governors owing how many months salary and then coming to Sunday servixservice or Jim at to plead with the citizens to bear with them. And stupid as we are we take it in cossuch politician has mentioned something about God.
U imagine I'd it were d white counterparts, even d most religious of them would immediately oppose any such politician cos he/she know you shud do what's right not hide under d umbrella of being God conscious.
And also that we often restrict ourselves even whence religious rules haven't, we r ysusally content with what little we have at d moment even though we could explore more. We are content with whatever scientific findings we have even though there's room for us to devise the means to d same end. yes. We r often told to be content with what we have in terms of richefs, but we seem to in our own interpretation, to see something bad in making more money as can be made and then donating it to charity or using it for considerable developments in our country.
Meanwhile let's not forget that most of the thinhthings whites indulge in to make money are forbidden according to our religious rules and to that I say we cud instead xplore other means that r permitted by our religion and make use of it to the fullest.
Just my jumbled up thoughts, I hope someone an make sense of it

3 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
Enieme; ur thoughts are acknowledged; but the one of u giving excuse of colonization was a great low; u cannot use that as an excuse; remember other nations were colonized, Malaysia, Singapore, U.A.E ; but thay have grown, most of this nations even got independence far after us; but see where they are today; so u can be travelling on a wrong path for 1000 years and only see backwardness; but a 10yr travel of the right part, beams of prosperity... this are facts...

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Filmdirect: 6:31am On Oct 17, 2015
Because our religion is without balance and is mixed with our ancestral animist worship which was steeped in fear and a passive response to gods that do everything and demand so much. We have just substituted Christianity but it is the same approach. We pacify God,giving tithes, fasting etc and then wait for Him to be pleased with us and do it for us. If it does not happen we wonder why and blame our family members.

The whites did this in ancient Europe until they threw off the shackles of catholicism, which was the dominant religion at the time, as well as the monarchy. Also currently they do not think religion means God handles everything in life, but helps them as THEY handle the affairs of life. We are contrary. We do not understand theology in the practical sense and so we suffer.

2 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Filmdirect:
Because our religion is without balance and is mixed with our ancestral animist worship which was steeped in fear and a passive response to gods that do everything and demand so much. We have just substituted Christianity but it is the same approach. We pacify God,giving tithes, fasting etc and then wait for Him to be pleased with us and do it for us. If it does not happen we wonder why and blame our family members.

The whites did this in ancient Europe until they threw off the shackles of catholicism, which was the dominant religion at the time, as well as the monarchy. Also currently they do not think religion means God handles everything in life, but helps them as THEY handle the affairs of life. We are contrary. We do not understand theology in the practical sense and so we suffer.
bravo!!! This sums it up; u are spot on sire; critically dissecting and crucially analysing the bane of issue... u have done justice to the question raised!!! Welldone sire!!! I need no more response...

3 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by God2man(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Upward or downward?
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by winner01(m): 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
Africans are too religious and its mostly hypocritic.

We are good at saying one thing and doing otherwise.
And trust me, we do not love ourselves.

No religion saves, only Jesus does. We need to drop religion and embrace truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by McSterling(m): 12:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
Raymondenyi:
This Question has always been bothering my heart. The Caucasians are not as religious as the blacks, but are doing very well economically and in standard of living, why?

Abroad, churches over there are still populated by black immigrants... Yet they(blacks) are still very backwards why? embarassed undecided.
Because we have chosen to be lazy and to cede responsibility. We would rather blame the devil for our woes and look to god to help solve problems that we alone can solve for ourselves. "Only god can help us" or "only prayer can save us" are popular phrases you hear from Nigerians whenever our deep problems as a nation are being discussed. This shows that we are not ready for any reasonable progress. Until we change that mindset, take responsibility and the necessary action, we will ever remain backward. We would suddenly wake up from our prayers only to realize that we have become 10th world relative to the West as opposed to our current status of 3rd world.

5 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by vooks: 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
Raymondenyi:

You are inventing imaginary relationships; religion and standard of living.
Singapore is a deeply religious nation and they have risen to first world in a generation.
Kung Fu China is a religious nation and they are threatening everyone at the moment

Religion has nothing to do with standard of living. Get something sensible to ponder on cool

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 17, 2015
vooks:

You are inventing imaginary relationships; religion and standard of living.
Singapore is a deeply religious nation and they have risen to first world in a generation.
Kung Fu China is a religious nation and they are threatening everyone at the moment

Religion has nothing to do with standard of living. Get something sensible to ponder on cool
your assertions are largely false;

2 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by vooks: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
Raymondenyi:
your assertions are largely false;
Yours is a hopelessly spurious nonsense
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by ValerianSteel(m): 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2015
They operate a religion by heart not by sight based on simplistic fundamental human views.That is they don't mix religion with thinking right on issues that don't bother on religion hence their rapid and advanced development.
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by dalaman2: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
McSterling:
Because we have chosen to be lazy and to cede responsibility. We would rather blame the devil for our woes and look to god to help solve problems that we alone can solve for ourselves. "Only god can help us" or "only prayer can save us" are popular phrases you hear from Nigerians whenever our deep problems as a nation are being discussed. This shows that we are not ready for any reasonable progress. Until we change that mindset, take responsibility and the necessary action, we will ever remain backward. We would suddenly wake up from our prayers only to realize that we have become 10th world relative to the West as opposed to our current status of 3rd world.

God/Gods have never helped any country to develop or solve any of their problems in reality. Believers can believe what ever they like but what ever needs to be done by humans have to be done by humans themselves. The Gods play no role in human affairs. Humans alone guide their affairs.

1 Like

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by cold(m): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2015
As people become more intelligent
they care less for preachers and more for teachers.

-Robert Green Ingersoll
Nuff said!

3 Likes

Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by orisa37: 3:19am On Oct 18, 2015
You are using your weight to measure the ways of the Spirits and this is not my Religion.
Re: The Whites Are Not Very Religious As Blacks But Progress Far Better Why? by vooks: 4:33am On Oct 18, 2015
Filmdirect:

The Chinese, south Koreans, Japanese, Singapore are all highly developed and are deeply religious. Malaysia even with Islam is catching up.

Associating religion with underdevelopment is as intelligent as associating development with melanin. There I'd an inverse relationship between melanin and development.

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO:-TB Joshua & Pastor Chris Pray For Jan Westerhof / Muslim Doctor Converts To Christianity And Plants 50 Churches / Fewer Americans Believe In God Now: New Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.