Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. (992 Views)

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In The Church Today / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? / List Of Some False Doctrines In Christendom Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Before you scroll down to see what this post is about, please take a moment to think about all the Christians around you.

How many of them are Christians in the reals sense of it?

Even you that's reading this, do you practice exactly what you preach?

Someone told me recently that the reason he rejected Christianity is because of what he perceives to be blatant hypocrisy on the part of Christians who “profess what they don't possess"

I monetarily reflected on what he said and realised he was saying the truth.

What I see when I look at Christians around me is People that complain about other's behavior when their own is even worse.

People that pretend to honor God through lip service only and pastors that deceive and prevent people from knowing God.

People that don't joke with tithing but neglects justice and mercy.

The list is endless.

A religious hypocrite is, to the best of my knowledge, a non-believer, since s/he is only pretending to be an adherent of the faith. A hypocrite is not a person who commits some sins on occasion (all people commit sin occasionally), but someone who practices those sins on a routine basis and condemns others that commit the same sin.

The Bible clearly indicates that those who practice hypocrisy really aren't Christians at all so why do the churches allow/tolerate it?

Hypocrisy is the No1 problem facing Christianity and it is gradually making it a laughing stock.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by swtchicgurl: 9:46am On Sep 13, 2015
Be the change you want to see.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Swaggzkid: 9:48am On Sep 13, 2015
shocked
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Tallesty1(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2015
swtchicgurl:
Be the change you want to see.
Most people preach this change in the open, but what they do back home is entirely different.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by swtchicgurl: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
Most people preach this change in the open, but what they do back home is entirely different.

that's my point.

it starts with you.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by OVI75(m): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2015
HYPO is so much.come to my hometown of delta state,even a church treasurer is operating a beer parlour a very short distance from the church were he is the treasurer.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by swtchicgurl: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2015
OVI75:
HYPO is so much.come to my hometown of delta state,even a church treasurer is operating a beer parlour a very short distance from the church were he is the treasurer.

lol

so much for multi-tasking.

God help this generation
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 13, 2015
What have you been doing to change their attitude of hypocrisy? Or are you just tired of your faith like your friend?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Tallesty1(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2015
elijah2u:
What have you been doing to change their attitude of hypocrisy? Or are you just tired of your faith like your friend?
I can't get tired of doing what I believe in. My major concern is the bad name these folks are giving the ones that worship God truly.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Tallesty1(m): 10:08am On Sep 13, 2015
OVI75:
That's nothing compared to what happened when I was in secondary school.

The Parish priest who was the principal of the school is always preaching against adultery and fornication.

If you see the way he dey condemn am eeh.

But one day, i caught him taking a keg of wine, tubers of yam, a bag of rice and one big cock to his mistress.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
I can't get tired of doing what I believe in. My major concern is the bad name these folks are giving the ones that worship God truly.
the faithful ones are not happy with the unfaithful. Especially the way they live their lives. Our society also played major role in the act of hypocrisy. Afterall everyone wants to survive. So, hypocrisy has been from the time been. It is not in Christendom alone that hypocrisy abound, try other faiths and you will see what I am saying. Jesus Christ already said it, NOT ALL THOSE WHO CALL ME LORD SHALL ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Rilwon: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2015
OVI75:

Pro 31:6 Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish;

grin
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2015
yea, a lot of hypocrites......

how do you feel when you are told by your unbelieving bros, that they have tasted the puna's of church girls you could almost vouch for, and how most of them go to church from their houses.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by GboyegaD(m): 10:15am On Sep 13, 2015
What matters is knowing God and worshipping him with your life. Trying to study other humans like you and making it a basis for serving God or defining who a Christain is to me, is not worth it.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Haywhymido(m): 10:19am On Sep 13, 2015
Na today
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
False Christians has greatly polluted christianity. Anyway Jesus has already warned us about the end time. He said if i return will i see a righteous one?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hypocrisy In Christendom. by herald9: 12:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
LOL.
As far as the bible could be interpreted there must always be hypocrisy.

The bible could be likened to a window with a glass that distorts vision. The viewer, having difficulties to see beyond this distortions automatically assumes and believes what he sees is the 'truth'.
Another person views and take different ideas home, etc.

Give a man a bible and a congregation, and he will always find a way to interpret it and make himself comfortable first.

One man's hypocrisy is another man's righteousness.

(1) (Reply)

10 Types Of Women Christian Men Should Never Marry / Zambia Declares Day Of Prayer As Economy Goes Into Freefall / Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.