Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Spirits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spirits (994 Views)

True Information About Water Spirits And How You Are Affected: Know The Truth / Nairalanders Oo!! I Have Been Hearing About Spirits Until Today I Saw One Myself / Atheists Who Believe In Reincarnation , Spirits , Voodoo Share Their Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spirits by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2016
We come into being as a slight thickening at the end of a long thread. Cells merge, becomes an embryo. The end of the thread now lies buried within, shielded, involate. Our task is to bear it forward, pass it on. We flourish for a moment, acheive a bit of dancing and learning, carve a few memories in the stone of minds, then witther, twist out of shape. The thread now lies in our children, extended, unfathomably into the future. Uncountable thickening has happened in the past, and will happen in the future. Nothing remains, nothing matters but the thread. What changes to produce new organisms is not the thread but arrangements inside the thread.

We are carrier of spirit. We know not why nor where. We carry it on fingers, shoulders, eyes. We carry it in anguished brains who struggled to deny their existence. We carry it from a past which knew not its usefulness into a future that might threaten it's very existence.

In some way, it seems remarkable : the spirit is immortal yet it depends upon us utterly; to pass it on to our children, as our fathers passedit on to us. We wither, our heart fails us, we are laid to the ground, lost to history and yet Spirit passes on, enlarged, enriched, more complex, more ready to deal with the harsh and unforgiving world.
We are being used, no doubt. Should we not know by whom( or what)? To whom or what do we give unfailing loyalty? What is this quest? What do we get? What is spirit?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spirits by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
Go on,
Re: Spirits by analice107: 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Muafrika2:
Go on,
Yes, go on...
Re: Spirits by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 01, 2016
What is spirit, I ask? Is the double helix that makes up the backbone of every oragnism alive on this earth? Or is it the anima that dwells in the minds of humans?
What is spirit??
A river or a rock, we know, we believe, is molded by the free play of physical forces abound it, to which we cannot attribute any plan, any "design" or purpose. For we accept the premise that Nature is objective, not projective

It took mankind a long time to realize that premise. For to the layman, it seems like the rocks wants to fall, the river likes to overflows its banks.
Oh, yes, it tooks centuries, millenias, for us to realize to gain understanding, to realize that natural objects or events are without goals or intentions. The rock doesn't want anything, the volcano pursues no purpose, the rivers searches not for the sea, the wind seeks no destination, Spirits quest for nothing.
But there is another view. The animism of the natural is not the antithesis of scientific objectivity. Yes, it may seem so for time spans in we are accustomed to, yet untrue for spans with infinitely greater duration. The proposition that light travels in a straight line serves us well while doing Newtonian physics experiments yet makes for errors in the mapping of distant galaxies. Likewise, the proposition that nature "just happened", or is without purpose serves us well when dealing with days or years or lifetimes and even centuries, but may yet mislead us on the plains of eternity.

What is Spirit, I ask. What is Spirit?

Matter would have the universe a uniform dispersion, motionless, complete. Nature would have the earth an stable terrain, dark and cold.
But spirit would have a change, a whirl and conflict, a merciless sun to drive away the dark, a rain to show some favor whilst other suffer, a building of atoms, a trembling of something here and there........ The beginning of life itself.

Particles become animate. Spirit leaps inside molecules which tug forever to pull it down, make it still. Minute compounds gather in brown scum. Ever more complex, the molecules become the tiny forms which bear for a moment a questing spirit. They come together, touch, bond, become one. They "die", oh tears gush for sugars that could have been. Spirit continues relentess, unaffected. Spirit leaps away, creates new "bodies", endlessly, ever more complex molecules to bear it forward, to pass it on enlarged to those who follow.

Virus become bacteria, becomes algae, becomes fern. Amoeba reaches out, finds the world in new different ways, spirit residing in it. Anemone becomes squid, becomes fish; wriggling becomes swimming, becomes crawling, fish becomes slug, becomes lizard, crawling becomes walking, becomes running, becomes flying. Lizard to fox to monkey to man, in a glance, in a word, we come together, touch, die, serve spirit without ever knowing, carry it forward, pass it on.
We die, Sprrit continues its journey; abandoning us for what we were.

From primal mist of matter, to spiralled galaxies and clockwork solar system. Form heaviness to lightness of life, sensory to perception, we all serve spirit, which lives on forever......

Or so I think

Rip, Adaba Williams
Re: Spirits by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 01, 2016
Fish becomes slug undecided

1 Like

Re: Spirits by Nobody: 7:06am On May 02, 2016
Muafrika2:
Fish becomes slug undecided
Yessad
Re: Spirits by Nobody: 8:47am On May 02, 2016
SirWere:
Yessad
From bony to boneless? undecided

1 Like

Re: Spirits by Nobody: 9:45am On May 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

From bony to boneless? undecided
correction: from cartilaginous fish to slug. Happy?
Re: Spirits by Nobody: 11:40am On May 02, 2016
SirWere:
correction: from cartilaginous fish to slug. Happy?
Okay.

Let me not derail you,

(1) (Reply)

When I'm Gone,i Just Want To Rest In Peace,no Hell No Heaven. / 22 Christian Groups Kick, Say Sultan Can’t Declare Public Holiday / Why Is God's Plan Never Ever Fulfilled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.