Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,714 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Things The Bible Never Says - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things The Bible Never Says (1681 Views)

Jehovah’s Witness And Hitler Germany: What The Watchtower Never Says / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Having followed all things closely for a while I find it absolutely impossible to keep quiet on some things concerning the Scripture which though inappropriate are appropriately taught as Truth in the churches by the so called leaders of the church or better known as "Keys of Christaindom".Though i must say this writing is an extract of the book(Explaining The Scriptures) I envisage to write and get published any time soon as God gives the Grace.And since the reason behind my writings is enlightening the world I find it good, then, to put this up here for all that cares to read them.So, listed below are unbiblical and unscriptural teachings you find in the Churches.

1. Earth Is 6000 Years Old: Believed by many to be Truth but as the Spirit says,this,is nothing but a lie.In nowhere do the Spirit of God ever says the earth is 6000 years old.Words is from the days of creation to this time is merely 6000 years and that there is no creation before Gen 1:2 but if this were so how then did the mountain came into existence since there is no account of God creating mountains in Gen 1? Or the mountains made themselves? And we should not forget the mountain is part of earth creation. It's simple the earth is ageless in other words it was made in the beginning; the ageless past.So the theory of earth being 6000 years old is an insult and utter degradation to the word of God.

2. There Were No Rains Before Noah: I have heard Adventist and other churches teach in their hall that there were no rains until the time of Noah. Well I will like to pretend they say that out of ignorance or stupidity because then in the time of Noah there were clouds in the sky and by the law of nature evaporation and condensation must take place just as it is now.There were mist then so are mist now and if there is rain now there must be rain then.

3.Noah Preached To The World: Sounds sweet when viewed from the Gospel perspective but that, doesn't makes it true. God in nowhere command Noah to preach to the world and even when Christ made reference to Noah He said nothing relating to preaching. The Bible said, "And Noah did all God commanded him" and all God commanded him was recorded right in Genesis.Polishing a lie doesn't makes it True.

4. Tribulation Takes Place After Translocation: By Translocation I mean what people referred to as "Rapture." Christ said and I quote "After the tribulation of those days the Son of man will come" The idea of Christ coming after the Translocation is somehow contradicting Christ himself.

5. Antichrist And The Beast Come After The Translocation: As it is known the Antichrist and the Beast will put in place the Tribulation and the Tribulation comes before the Translocation as taught by Christ meaning: The Antichrist will come before Christ comes.Bible never teaches Antichrist after the Translocation.

6. Satan Will Punish People In Hell: Somehow funny to me.Like it's incomprehensible. The Bible clearly says satan will be thrown into the lake of fire to be tormented days and night.Question here is "How can Satan torment others when he is being tormented?"

Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by ademega(m): 3:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
on your own
every man on his own on the judgment day
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
ademega:
on tour own
Have always been
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Khd95(m): 3:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
Look at dat number six tho grin
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
In my view, I think it's best one ignores all those trying to interpret the Bible. Just read the Bible to know God more, obey the Lord's commandments moving uprightly in the way he commanded us to and pay your tithes.
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by jiggaz(m): 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Having followed all things closely for a while I find it absolutely impossible to keep quiet on some things concerning the Scripture which though inappropriate are appropriately taught as Truth in the churches by the so called leaders of the church or better known as "Keys of Christaindom".Though i must say this writing is an extract of the book(Explaining The Scriptures) I envisage to write and get published any time soon as God gives the Grace.And since the reason behind my writings is enlightening the world I find it good, then, to put this up here for all that cares to read them.So, listed below are unbiblical and unscriptural teachings you find in the Churches.
1. Earth Is 6000 Years Old: Believed by many to be Truth but as the Spirit says,this,is nothing but a lie.In nowhere do the Spirit of God ever says the earth is 6000 years old.Words is from the days of creation to this time is merely 6000 years and that there is no creation before Gen 1:2 but if this were so how then did the mountain came into existence since there is no account of God creating mountains in Gen 1? Or the mountains made themselves? And we should not forget the mountain is part of earth creation. It's simple the earth is ageless in other words it was made in the beginning; the ageless past.So the theory of earth being 6000 years old is an insult and utter degradation to the word of God.
2. There Were No Rains Before Noah: I have heard Adventist and other churches teach in their hall that there were no rains until the time of Noah. Well I will like to pretend they say that out of ignorance or stupidity because then in the time of Noah there were clouds in the sky and by the law of nature evaporation and condensation must take place just as it is now.There were mist then so are mist now and if there is rain now there must be rain then.
3.Noah Preached To The World: Sounds sweet when viewed from the Gospel perspective but that, doesn't makes it true. God in nowhere command Noah to preach to the world and even when Christ made reference to Noah He said nothing relating to preaching. The Bible said, "And Noah did all God commanded him" and all God commanded him was recorded right in Genesis.Polishing a lie doesn't makes it True.
4. Tribulation Takes Place After Translocation: By Translocation I mean what people referred to as "Rapture." Christ said and I quote "After the tribulation of those days the Son of man will come" The idea of Christ coming after the Translocation is somehow contradicting Christ himself.
5. Antichrist And The Beast Come After The Translocation: As it is known the Antichrist and the Beast will put in place the Tribulation and the Tribulation comes before the Translocation as taught by Christ meaning: The Antichrist will come before Christ comes.Bible never teaches Antichrist after the Translocation.
6. Satan Will Punish People In Hell: Somehow funny to me.Like it's incomprehensible. The Bible clearly says satan will be thrown into the lake of fire to be tormented days and night.Question here is "How can Satan torment others when he is being tormented?"
My brother, i think number 4 is correct. Tribulation takes place after the Rapture. What Jesus was referring to in dat Scripture is his Second Coming not the Rapture. The Rapture is CHRIST appearing in the clouds to take his Saints ( the Church ), while the Second Coming is CHRIST coming back to the earth with His Saints to rescue Israel.

You have to also consider God's motive for the Tribulation. It is the time God set aside to deal with Israel and the unbelievers for disobedience. The Church shall not partake of it cos the Tribulation comes at the end of the Church age ( which is Rapture ).

Your number six is soo true!!!!! grin
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 19, 2015
jiggaz:
My brother, i think number 4 is correct. Tribulation takes place after the Rapture. What Jesus was referring to in dat Scripture is his Second Coming not the Rapture. The Rapture is CHRIST appearing in the clouds to take his Saints ( the Church ), while the Second Coming is CHRIST coming back to the earth with His Saints to rescue Israel.

You have to also consider God's motive for the Tribulation. It is the time God set aside to deal with Israel and the unbelievers for disobedience. The Church shall not partake of it cos the Tribulation comes at the end of the Church age ( which is Rapture ).

Contextually, "After the Tribulations of those days the Son of man shall come......'He shall send his angels to gather his elect'" Gathering of elect isn't it rapture? But Christ said it will be after tribulation.
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 2:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Augusti:
In my view, I think it's best one ignores all those trying to interpret the Bible. Just read the Bible to know God more, obey the Lord's commandments moving uprightly in the way he commanded us to and pay your tithes.
The underlined is number 7
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The underlined is number 7
The Bible never said that? Well, here are verses you can find it: Amos 4:4, Mal. 3:10, et al. Unless you say they are only in the Old testament, but better still, it's in the Bible. Pay your tithe brother Starling so that your Reverends and Vicars' salaries will be paid!
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 19, 2015
Augusti:
The Bible never said that? Well, here are verses you can find it: Amos 4:4, Mal. 3:10, et al. Unless you say they are only in the Old testament, but better still, it's in the Bible. Pay your tithe brother Starling so that your Reverends and Vicars' salaries will be paid!
Lets assume, in quote 'asume' Christains are to pay Tithe, whom exactly do the Tithe belong to.
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Scholar8200(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:

2 Peter 2:5
5 and spared not the old world, but saved[b] Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness[/b], bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Revelations 19:1,6,7,8,9 records the raptured saints in Heaven worshipping God and taking part in the Marriage supper of the Lamb as the Bride (the Church).
This is followed by the Second coming in Revelations 19:11-21 which will end the tribulation and bring judgement on the antichrist and the false prophet!

Now if the saints will go through the Great tribulation, who is the Bride referred to in Revelations 19:8,9 in an event that takes place in Heaven while the Tribulation continues on earth?

Methinks those who say this are referring to the abyss where the rich man etc went to because Revelations describes satan as
Revelations 9:11
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon

The final Lake of fire torments every creature (satan, antichrist etc) sent therein after the Great White Throne judgment etc
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Marvyx(m): 10:03am On Sep 19, 2015
Augusti:
Seconded.
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Scholar8200:

2 Peter 2:5
5 and spared not the old world, but saved[b] Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness[/b], bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

Revelations 19:1,6,7,8,9 records the raptured saints in Heaven worshipping God and taking part in the Marriage supper of the Lamb as the Bride (the Church).
This is followed by the Second coming in Revelations 19:11-21 which will end the tribulation and bring judgement on the antichrist and the false prophet!

Now if the saints will go through the Great tribulation, who is the Bride referred to in Revelations 19:8,9 in an event that takes place in Heaven while the Tribulation continues on earth?

Methinks those who say this are referring to the abyss where the rich man etc went to because Revelations describes satan as
Revelations 9:11
And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon

The final Lake of fire torments every creature (satan, antichrist etc) sent therein after the Great White Throne judgment etc
The Tribulation starts this month prepare
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Scholar8200(m): 10:20am On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Tribulation starts this month prepare
Now that is something the Bible never said!
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
Now that is something the Bible never said!
The Bible said it.

Its the Glory of God to hide things but its King duty to search it out. And we are Kings. A Thousand Year of Theology will not make you understand the Bible the Spirit will
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Scholar8200(m): 10:37am On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
The Bible said it.

Its the Glory of God to hide things but its King duty to search it out. And we are Kings. A Thousand Year of Theology will not make you understand the Bible the Spirit will
And the Spirit will contradict Christ Who said the time is known to no man??!
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
And the Spirit will contradict Christ Who said the time is known to no man??!
Can you please quote the scripture words for words and letter for letter?
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Scholar8200(m): 10:46am On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Can you please quote the scripture words for words and letter for letter?
I will do that when you have quoted a passage with similar credentials that prove your claim!
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
I will do that when you have quoted a passage with similar credentials that prove your claim!
If you won't i will do it for you.

“But concerning that day and hour no one
knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the
Son, but the Father only."

From the above Christ speaks about two things with an exception of the third: He speak of "day" and "hour" but He mentioned nothing relating to "Year" meaning the year of His coming can be known but not the exact day of the year or the hour of that day.

And God has revealed the year of Christ coming in the Bible for those who have eyes to see and heart to understand
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Lets assume, in quote 'asume' Christains are to pay Tithe, whom exactly do the Tithe belong to.
In my church, it is used for payment of the Vicars, Bishops, Archbishops, sexsins and other Communion workers' salaries and allowances. Sometimes too, it maybe used for projects like erecting the Bishop's office, etc. In the Bible, if you read it clearly, God said the tithes will be given to the priests, their families and bla bla
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Hiswordxray(m): 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
jiggaz:

Can you explain the following verses in the light of your theology about Tribulation after Rapture.

"since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed." (2The 1:6-10)
"And when Christ, who is your life is revealed to the world, you will be glorified with him" (Col 3:4)
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
Augusti:
In my church, it is used for payment of the Vicars, Bishops, Archbishops, sexsins and other Communion workers' salaries and allowances. Sometimes too, it maybe used for projects like erecting the Bishop's office, etc. In the Bible, if you read it clearly, God said the tithes will be given to the priests, their families and bla bla
And there are no more priest. And for once the Bible didn't say what you just said.
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
And there are no more priest. And for once the Bible didn't say what you just said.
Vicars-Reverends, Canons, Venerables, Reverend-Fathers- and pastors are the priests. You don dey piss me already. I saw it with my two koro koro eyes in the Bible that tithes will be used to provide feasts in the house of the Lord, provide food and shelter for the PASTORS and their families, and blah. I know you want a proof which I don't have as at now, but you can get a verse where Jesus said he pays tithes in the Bible. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the saviour, your Christ, my saviour said and was quoted and interpreted in English in LUKE 18:12 (...I give tithes of all that I possess) . Starlingslimnet please, don't quote me again
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Augusti:
Vicars-Reverends, Canons, Venerables, Reverend-Fathers- and pastors are the priests. You don dey piss me already. I saw it with my two koro koro eyes in the Bible that tithes will be used to provide feasts in the house of the Lord, provide food and shelter for the PASTORS and their families, and blah. I know you want a proof which I don't have as at now, but you can get a verse where Jesus said he pays tithes in the Bible. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the saviour, your Christ, my saviour said and was quoted and interpreted in English in LUKE 18:12 (...I give tithes of all that I possess) . Starlingslimnet please, don't quote me again
I,Starlingslimnet promise today that I will never quote you anywhere on any section of Nairaland for whatever reasons it may be. Goodluck
Re: Things The Bible Never Says by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2015
starlingslimnet:
I,Starlingslimnet promise today that I will never quote you anywhere on any section of Nairaland for whatever reasons it may be. Goodluck
Bros, you don vex? Ok na, we shall see

(1) (Reply)

How Was Sunday Chosen As A Sacred Day? / Adeboye Gives Reason For Retirement / Greedy Pastors And The Tithe Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.