Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life (2155 Views)

Need Advice On Salary At My New Job / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
Am an 18 year old student pursuing a bsc program in marine engineering in ghana. My plan when I came here was to make a first class. I was in unilag for a year doing mechanical engineering before coming here. I knew I had the ability to do so. I aced my WASSCE, aced my JAMB and gained admission into unilag but when I came here I don't know what happened. I do everything am meant to do I study hard I attend lectures I do assignments but nothing works. Am not in any relationship don't plan to get into any as I don't wanna get married but everything isn't going well. I saw my last semester results and I had a semester gpa of 2.09 on 4.0 bringing my cgpa to a 2.5 on 4.0. I felt like dying I tried committing suicide by overdosing myself on sleeping tablets but still woke up in the hospital 5 days later. I tried selling my soul to the devil. I tried everything and nothing is working. I checked my chances to make an upper and it means I have to get a 3.5 gpa in every subsequent semester and as a realist that is very impossible right now with the way things are. I intend to hold on and get a 2 2 then go back to secondary school again for 3 years then retake WASSCE and put in for mass comm. This time I wanna follow my passion and don't really care about what happens. I just need advice from people on whether am making the right decisions or not.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Akosxxx(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
hmmm....so u want to kill yasef bcoz of a 2'2...

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
Akosxxx:
hmmm....so u want to kill yasef bcoz of a 2'2...
A 2 2 class of degree is very worthless to what I intend to do with my life. I have looked inside and I think I don't have passion for engineering. Am really struggling and the passion and the drive isn't just there.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by delishpot: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
tensazangetsu:

A 2 2 class of degree is very worthless to what I intend to do with my life. I have looked inside and I think I don't have passion for engineering. Am really struggling and the passion and the drive isn't just there.

If you cant cope then change course. But, I think its because you have set your mind to not understanding the course. Open your heart, believe its an interesting subject and try not to overwork yourself. I had a similar problem way back in school. Believe me I kept to my 3.5 and graduated with 2:1. it washard, but I never got below a B for the rest of my exams. It was hard but I told myself I wasnt gonna leave with anything less than 2:1.
Be calm. Read everyday after school what you learnt for that day in school. Dont do overnight reading. Sleep for at least 6hrs and dont push yourself too hard. If you still feel the course isnt for you, then quit and follow your passion.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Am an 18 year old student pursuing a bsc program in marine engineering in ghana. My plan when I came here was to make a first class. I was in unilag for a year doing mechanical engineering before coming here. I knew I had the ability to do so. I aced my WASSCE, aced my JAMB and gained admission into unilag but when I came here I don't know what happened. I do everything am meant to do I study hard I attend lectures I do assignments but nothing works. Am not in any relationship don't plan to get into any as I don't wanna get married but everything isn't going well. I saw my last semester results and I had a semester gpa of 2.09 on 4.0 bringing my cgpa to a 2.5 on 4.0. I felt like dying I tried committing suicide by overdosing myself on sleeping tablets but still woke up in the hospital 5 days later. I tried selling my soul to the devil. I tried everything and nothing is working. I checked my chances to make an upper and it means I have to get a 3.5 gpa in every subsequent semester and as a realist that is very impossible right now with the way things are. I intend to hold on and get a 2 2 then go back to secondary school again for 3 years then retake WASSCE and put in for mass comm. This time I wanna follow my passion and don't really care about what happens. I just need advice from people on whether am making the right decisions or not.
Study economics instead. A science student can study economics provided you did english, maths and economics in WASSCE. All you need to do is add one extra subject.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
delishpot:

If you cant cope then change course. But, I think its because you have set your mind to not understanding the course. Open your heart, believe its an interesting subject and try not to overwork yourself. I had a similar problem way back in school. Believe me I kept to my 3.5 and graduated with 2:1. it washard, but I never got below a B for the rest of my exams. It was hard but I told myself I wasnt gonna leave with anything less than 2:1.
Be calm. Read everyday after school what you learnt for that day in school. Dont do overnight reading. Sleep for at least 6hrs and dont push yourself too hard. If you still feel the course isnt for you, then quit and follow your passion.
Sir the 3.5 isn't on 5.0 it's on 4.0 to get that in my school you need a minimum of A minus in everything which is equivalent to 75 A itself starts from 80. My plan was to get at least a 2 1 ace GRE and get into a top school in the USA or japan but most top schools won't admit you for a masters program in marine engineering without a first class. I have checked except you have very insane GRE scores which was what I wanted but it's a mirage now.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by delishpot: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
tensazangetsu:

Sir the 3.5 isn't on 5.0 it's on 4.0 to get that in my school you need a minimum of A minus in everything which is equivalent to 75 A itself starts from 80

Wow! Pkele. Just do your best. It may be hard but try your best andsee where it leads grades wise. Like I said, if it still aint what you can cope with then change course.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
delishpot:

Wow! Pkele. Just do your best. It may be hard but try your best andsee where it leads grades wise. Like I said, if it still aint what you can cope with then change course.
Thank you sir for your contribution I tried the course changing thing but my parents said I should finish first before doing that I wanna do mass comm but I have to go back to secondary school again
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
why kill yourself?dangote,buffet n bill gates werent d best students in class,your certificate does not determine hw far u go in life
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Oktoberfest:
why kill yourself?dangote,buffet n bill gates werent d best students in class,your certificate does not determine hw far u go in life
Sir you don't understand. Education is the only thing I have going for me. Am very ugly and poor and short. I have no talent no friends nothing. As of those moment I saw those results life made no meaning. I tried to end it all and still woke up in the hospital. Life sucks
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
tensazangetsu:

Sir you don't understand. Education is the only thing I have going for me. Am very ugly and poor and short. I have no talent no friends nothing. As of those moment I saw those results life made no meaning. I tried to end it all and still woke up in the hospital. Life sucks
there are a million and one things 2do without a first class or a university degree...keep faith and pray 4d chance
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Mrbigman1(m): 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2015
Op, first of all, dis ur post is a spam post.

Secondly, what dose ur president have?
Nothing but his wia he is cos of destiny.

Am with a 3rd class in Geology and am flying and working in d gulf of genuine.

Guess what, our best graduating student is teaching geography in a private school in PH.

Destiny it is, if u like jump to mass come or English Go, what will be will be.

The Lord works in a mysterious way

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by delishpot: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mrbigman1:

Guess what, our best graduating student is teaching geography in a private school in PH.

Well, that is why I adviced him to keep on pushing on and do his best instead of giving up before midway due to grades.
BTW how is the gulf of genuine?
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by 2derfultony: 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
It is well!
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 14, 2015
tensazangetsu:

You first have to get rid of your personality issue; inferiority complex. .

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by angiography(m): 11:35am On Sep 14, 2015
Oktoberfest:
excuse me...Bill Gates was an excellent student. A+. Hope u know d school he went to??
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by angiography(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2015
tensazangetsu:

you need to come out of the cage...pls dear, u may have to see a psychologist. From ur posts, i guess u were doing fine until recent. What's d challenge?? Maybe u are frm a family that emphasizes soo much on reading and reading without a window for social life and team work...may be!

But pls life is beautiful. I fell into depression also wen i was forced into studying nursing against my will...it had to change, and now m in for medicine. If you kill yourself now, not even ur easiest dream wld be fulfilled...

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by andyxyler(m): 12:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Typing.....
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
NW.. IF U COME OUt WID DAH 2.2 DO U tHINK WILL BE GURANtEE.. PEOPLE ARE FINDING WORK EVER WERE.. WORK SCARCE.. U BEDER NOt tO KILL UR SELF..
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by andyxyler(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Elxandre(m): 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2015
andyxyler:
Op, I perfectly understand what you are going through. I applied for Elect/Elect DE in a University (Caz I had ND in Elect/Elect with Upper Credit) but was offered Physics and I accepted (hoping I could cope), when the First semester result came out I had a GPA of 1.81. I felt so bad, caz I knew I studied hard, despite all my efforts d result was nothing to show for it.

Later I realised that I had no PASSION for Physics nor Elect/Elect, it got to a point whereby even going to classes were a burden.

I was encouraged to put in more effort, but despite all am still not enjoying the course so I made a decision to write Jamb and re-apply for a different course entirely and am doing well now, and happy.

Suicide has never solved any man's problem.

My sincere Advice is to try harder but if you can't cope just re-apply for a course you have PASSION in and I assure you that God will see u through. 
What course are you studying now?
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by andyxyler(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2015
Elxandre:

What course are you studying now?

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by sasquareT(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2015
Mrbigman1:

MrBigman I just pm you now pls reply
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by fetrillion(m): 6:36pm On Sep 15, 2015
op,do u know wot?..u Dnt av any problem,u are d problem..U av to first change ur mentality of impossibilities n believe in urself..
ur appearance doesn't av anything to do wif d potential God has deposited in ur life..u are still where u are cos u av not dealt wif d enemy within u.The mentality of a man is a driver to his destiny n if u bliv u are poor,den u will never make it even if u make ur first class.
Guy,change ur mentality,ur stature is not a determinant for ur future..tink outside skool..Dnt limit itself to ur certificate..
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by HireKiller(m): 6:37pm On Sep 15, 2015
You need prayers.
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by tracebig(m): 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
Join traceBIG Tuition free Professional Training Programme at DIT Polytechnic and you will be trained and engaged on rendering services to humanity.

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2015
angiography:

excuse me...Bill Gates was an excellent student. A+. Hope u know d school he went to??
thanks 4d correction,s.jobs i meant
Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by TheCode(m): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
tensazangetsu:

I identify with your pains young man. You may feel your life is going south but I tell you, there are people that theirs is literally a freak show. However it's your decision to rise or stay down - you have the capacity for both.

Deciding to stay alive and pursue your passion is you rising. If you can, quit now and start on the path to another WASSCE and eventually to your desired course. Your doing what you are passionate about would bring you happiness - something you are in dire need of, judging by your post. There is no need to keep paying school fees for something you have lost all interest in, are not doing well in, and will probably never use.

Stop worrying about your physique and concentrate on making something of yourself. Determine to prove to yourself that you can be successful. Osita Iheme and Chinedu I., are you shorter than them? Are you poorer than Iheanacho (the Nigerian footballer) or Olamide was? Are you uglier than Iheanacho? Once you are successful, that your physique and looks would acquire 'style'. You may also check out MI, who they used to call 'short black boy'.

Lastly, but most important, you need Jesus. Are you a Christian? selling your soul to the devil will only make you more miserable, both now and forever. Jesus is the only source of joy and if you put your faith in Him, you shall never be put to shame. I encourage you to embrace life and come to Jehovah though His son Jesus, and you shall have life more abundantly. There is no neutral side to this: if you are not for God, you are directly or indirectly for the devil.

The spiritual controls the physical and you need to be connected, and stay connected, to the right source. It doesn't matter whatever you feel you have done or how big your sins are. You shall be made whole if only you open your heart and accept Jesus Christ.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by vladimiros: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
OP

I am going to be strict with you, but you need to listen

even if you got a GPA of5.0 you think it will guarantee you a job?

you have been poisoned by Nigerian education telling you that a good degree is everything.

you better wise up, learn a skil as you study, when you graduate, thank me

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On What To Do With My Life by shekonz(m): 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
tensazangetsu:

I think the problem here is that you have given up on yourself.. You self-esteem is quite low from what you say here and you have come to think that nothing would work out for you in life..
The truth is you might end up baGging your desired degree and still find out that you are not fulfilled. Would simply advice you take things easy and see the bright side of life. What you believe is what you achieve. If you believe you would make it, you would. If you don't, you won't, its quiet simple

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment Form Is Out / Just Blasted My Ccna Exam / Which Do U Prefer Male Or Female Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.