Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy (1853 Views)

Getting A Job In The Oil Industry With A Third Class: How Possible? / "Don't Ever Take No For An Answer" - Pretty Lady Says After Getting A Job.Photos / Uncoventional Ways To Getting A Good Job Fast! - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy by LayGiri: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
So you ever wondered why it just seems like some people are followed around by the ultimate job guardian angel or something like that. Well, it’s quite simple really, Nigeria as a country demands a lot more from the average person than any other country in the world. You have to be ready and willing to go a thousand miles extra and then some to get what anyone will get pretty easily in a more structured country. The job - employment situation of the country is a total mess and it is not going to be getting better anytime soon. Corruption has destroyed everything but regardless of all these, some people are still getting good jobs, moving from great jobs to even better jobs even. Do they have two heads? Let us discuss how they make this happen and maybe later we talking about job listing boards like Joblanda.

As previously mentioned, you have to be ready to go the extra mile and then some. Calling that working hard will be grossly understated so I would not. You need to work extreme and work smart. Getting jobs in Nigeria is not a big deal to some because they have already invested very well in themselves. For example, you go for a job interview where the requirements are A,B & C, the guy next to you not only has A, B & C, he also has D,E,F,G,I,J,K…. and he brought all his incredibly value added skills along with him to the interview. But then you only showed up with the minimum requirements and you somehow expect that job will be yours if you pray hard enough? It does not work like that at all.
Rule of thumb, no skill acquired and learnt outside the minimum requirement is a waste. Always look to improve yourself and make yourself better at everything as often as possible! If it applies, or not, learn it. Make sure you are able to offer that added value to an employer some day because yes, there will be times when your Nigerian boss will ask that you do more than you signed up for and you have to be ready to do this with a huge smile.

This is only one of many factors that would better help you in your haunt for a good job. You can read about Job hunting here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job_hunting might give you a basic image of requirements. Now multiply that by 100 because you are in Nigeria. Happy Job hunting.

Re: Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy by PapaNnamdi: 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
i have considered killing myself,
the job hunt is not easy, i have taught in schools, where one is paid 20k and bombarded with unlimited responsibilities, besides that i hate the proffession, coupled with how some female students throw themselves at young male teachers like myself,
i have always wanted a job that i will enjoy, and it seems impossible, i hate teaching so i quit 3months ago,
Re: Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
lolsssssss......that picture reminds me of Chamz city @GRA Ikeja....
Re: Getting A Job In Nigeria Made Easy by Evergreen4(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
adeoti01:
lolsssssss......that picture reminds me of Chamz city @GRA Ikeja....
lol, did you u write NIS test @ chamz city too, the crowed was massive

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Good Morning Nairalanders. Please I Need Your Urgent Help With Driving Job. / Abia State Judicial Service Commission Is Recruiting Registrars / Industrial Training For A Food Science And Technolgy Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.