Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,655 members, 7,813,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go (1448 Views)

"Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies / Girl Falls Asleep In School And Sets The Internet Ablaze / Wizkid To Seyi Shay "Shut Up", after she said 'One Dance' was his (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by Michaelphils(m): 7:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
Please if you have a good heart, share this post till the right authorities sees it and do some thing about it. This case is worse than the chibok girls scenario.

Somebody should be sued to court for this, the doctor incharge should be severly punished, The highly glorified university of lagos medical school and centre is filled with wicked, unprofessional and clueless herbalist. I call them herbalist because they don't even know anything about ordinary first-aid not to now talk of being a medical practitioner. You asked a dying patient to go and get an ID card before you treat her. How can you give someone who has just been electrocuted panadol and a white tablet that I don't even know anything about, to make matters worst they placed a dying patient on the floor. What manner of wickedness. Nigerians need to wake up, let the right authorities do something about this, let Buhari do something about this matter: enough is enough of all this wickedness and non-challant attitude of doctors and nurses in Nigeria Today.
If you go to general hospitals and see the way the staffsa behave you will marvel. You can testify to it
Read more here

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by kesikeller(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by faith551(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
That's the country we live in, take an injured person to hospital and they will first ask for police report, what is the essence since the hospital has security and the person can't leave until discharged.
Take a dying man to a hospital and they wnt lift a finger till you pay.
Karma still works

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
Really Serious!
Need anything from Jumia? Contact me now!

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by nobilis: 11:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
faith551:
That's the country we live in, take an injured person to hospital and they will first ask for police report, what is the essence since the hospital has security and the person can't leave until discharged.
Take a dying man to a hospital and they wnt lift a finger till you pay.
Karma still works

First and foremost, I have to condemn the way the issue of the late student was handled by the health center. It is not peculiar to UNILAG. I know the number of students that were lost in my own university's medical center when I was a student. It is a sad situation and something has to be done about it.
But I want to clarify some issues:

When you have a person with a gun-shot wound, you're not permitted to treat the person without a police report. It is an order from the police. And it is not peculiar to Nigeria.
Although recently, the IGP has reversed the order and directed that doctors can treat gunshot victims with or without police report but must report such cases to the police. He did this last month.
If not, any doctor that treats a gunshot victim without a police report is liable to arrest by the police.

The second point u raised about doctors not lifting a finger until u pay is mostly noticed in private hospitals.
Well, Nigerians always love freebies and most times forget that a hospital is not a charitable organisation.
Except it is a government hospital, any hospital built by an individual is built to make profit.
And as good as treating people "on credit" might be, we all know that very few people are actually credit-worthy.
So do not blame doctors. Blame those people who have abused the goodwill of the doctors in the past.

As for hospitals not being equipped to the point of not even having first aid equipment, it is true. And it is one of the reasons doctors go on strikes. But when these strike actions occur, instead of the Nigerian masses to look at these issues and try to compel the government to equip our hospitals to be standard, we leave all the other issue raised by doctors and just focus on their agitation for salary increase and call them greedy.
I don't know if the doctor is expected to buy first aid kits from his salary or if he should fill the oxygen cylinders with his own money.

Let us direct the blame to the appropriate quarters.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by veave(f): 4:11am On Sep 14, 2015
nobilis:

First and foremost, I have to condemn the way the issue of the late student was handled by the health center. It is not peculiar to UNILAG. I know the number of students that were lost in my own university's medical center when I was a student. It is a sad situation and something has to be done about it.
But I want to clarify some issues:

When you have a person with a gun-shot wound, you're not permitted to treat the person without a police report. It is an order from the police. And it is not peculiar to Nigeria.
Although recently, the IGP has reversed the order and directed that doctors can treat gunshot victims with or without police report but must report such cases to the police. He did this last month.
If not, any doctor that treats a gunshot victim without a police report is liable to arrest by the police.

The second point u raised about doctors not lifting a finger until u pay is mostly noticed in private hospitals.
Well, Nigerians always love freebies and most times forget that a hospital is not a charitable organisation.
Except it is a government hospital, any hospital built by an individual is built to make profit.
And as good as treating people "on credit" might be, we all know that very few people are actually credit-worthy.
So do not blame doctors. Blame those people who have abused the goodwill of the doctors in the past.

As for hospitals not being equipped to the point of not even having first aid equipment, it is true. And it is one of the reasons doctors go on strikes. But when these strike actions occur, instead of the Nigerian masses to look at these issues and try to compel the government to equip our hospitals to be standard, we leave all the other issue raised by doctors and just focus on their agitation for salary increase and call them greedy.
I don't know if the doctor is expected to buy first aid kits from his salary or if he should fill the oxygen cylinders with his own money.

Let us direct the blame to the appropriate quarters.

So in a nutshell, you ate trying to justify actions and reasons for wasting lives abi?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by Michaelphils(m): 5:31am On Sep 14, 2015
help me ask him ooo
veave:

So in a nutshell, you ate trying to justify actions and reasons for wasting lives abi?
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by jdstunt(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2015
What a wicked world we are living in. How can a supposed professional doctor place a dead body on d floor, giving to the fact that he even caused the death. The staff in Nigeria universities are so so cruel and heartless, both the teaching and non teaching staff.

I've always said that unil.. Is over hyped

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by nobilis: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2015
veave:

Did you read my first sentence or you just feel you have enough bile to waste and you're looking for where to pour it forth?
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by veave(f): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2015
nobilis:

Did you read my first sentence or you just feel you have enough bile to waste and you're looking for where to pour it forth?

Yes Sir.
No sir.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 6:56am On Sep 15, 2015
nonsense
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
toko
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
yeba
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2015
ok nana
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2015
re saw
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
yeba
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 2:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
real
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
ehhh
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 5:59am On Sep 17, 2015
btsl
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 7:09am On Sep 17, 2015
yebo
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 9:17am On Sep 17, 2015
kgs
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 10:41am On Sep 17, 2015
yakv
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
oh boi
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
guh
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
lobu
Re: Unilag Medical School And Health Centrer To Be Shut Down This Week By Federal Go by ebezinnnzin: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
sikarabo

(1) (Reply)

Yinka Ayefele Hospitalized In Ado Ekiti / Davido Shares A Pic Of Himself On Instagram With A Touching Note / 10 Stylish Photos Of Nollywood Actress, Lilian Esoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.