Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips (2582 Views)

I Bet You Have Not Seen This Statue Before / 5 Weird Things I Bet You Dont Know About Russia / 15 Mind Blow Facts I Bet You Never Knew About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by kafolabi: 2:42am On Sep 14, 2015
In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Whenever you have stuff to read, ensure you make up your mind about it and ask yourself few important questions. But the most important ones are: Why am I reading this stuff?, for how long do i want to read this stuff?minutes, hours or days. Will i be willing to answer any question from the stuff after reading it? etc. If you are able to answer all this questions. It means you have decided the purpose of your reading. Then, you are good to go.

Make reading an habit

When you make up time to read everyday, then reading becomes a part of you. Make reading everyday a chain that will not break. Making use of a calendar will be a very good idea. You cross the calendar each day you read 'atleast two hundred words': you can do better though. And ensure the chain does not break. If you are able to do that in a whole year, then, you are a winner.

Read aloud

Reading loud is a tactic that is most suitable for someone with a poor assimilation level. If you really want to improve your reading and assimilation level , then the magic is in there. When you read loud to yourself( not in a library please). You achieve two results easily which are 'reading' and 'understanding what you have read'. Isn't that wonderful?

Eliminate distractions

Ensure you understand yourself and discover the best way you read and get results easily. I have a friend who gets distracted with silence. For such a person, library is not the best place for her to read. Because she will not get rresults due to the quiet environment. She would rather read with music on or switch on the television. Or she goes to a noisy environment in order to get a positive result. The opposite might be the case with you. So you have to learn to understand yourself very well so that you discover your distractions and avoid them as much as possible. This will make it easy for you to get the best results.

Check for meaning of new words

Checking for meaning of new words while reading can actually slow you down especially when you just initiate the action of reading. But it is the best thing to do. Because it allows you to have a better understanding of what you read. Regular practice makes you get better in your reading ability. Because as you progress, you have a better understanding of new words which you are likely to come across in your further study.

Challenge your brain

This is interesting. Play games like Scrabble, brain teaser, puzzle and lots more and you learn while doing so. It goes along way, especially when you do it with someone of like minds. Your brain develops more and you will be able to read and assimilate faster as you progress in your studies. I love this aspect because it gives me the privilege to play while I lose nothing.

Eat well

Good diet has alot to do with the way your brain works. Walnut, avocado, coconut, blueberries and lots more are examples of fruits and nuts that help in the development of the brain. Combining these fruits and nut with a balanced diet on a daily basis allows the brain to perform its function efficiently.

Join a reading/discussion group

This kind of group gives you the opportunity to discover your weeknesses and strengths, especially when the group is the type that gives its members task to accomplish. Each member is encouraged to accomplish his or her task within a limited period. And which the topic will be placed for discussion on a specified date. Members are therefore encouraged to read, accomplish task and discover themselves.

Lastly, Believe in yourself

When you believe in yourself. Then you have the strenght to reach the sky. Make up your mind about it. Then, i can assure you, success is yours.
[b]In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Whenever you have stuff to read, ensure you make up your mind about it and ask yourself few important questions. But the most important ones are: Why am I reading this stuff?, for how long do i want to read this stuff?minutes, hours or days. Will i be willing to answer any question from the stuff after reading it? etc. If you are able to answer all this questions. It means you have decided the purpose of your reading. Then, you are good to go.

Make reading an habit

When you make up time to read everyday, then reading becomes a part of you. Make reading everyday a chain that will not break. Making use of a calendar will be a very good idea. You cross the calendar each day you read 'atleast two hundred words': you can do better though. And ensure the chain does not break. If you are able to do that in a whole year, then, you are a winner.

Read aloud

Reading loud is a tactic that is most suitable for someone with a poor assimilation level. If you really want to improve your reading and assimilation level , then the magic is in there. When you read loud to yourself( not in a library please). You achieve two results easily which are 'reading' and 'understanding what you have read'. Isn't that wonderful?

Eliminate distractions

Ensure you understand yourself and discover the best way you read and get results easily. I have a friend who gets distracted with silence. For such a person, library is not the best place for her to read. Because she will not get rresults due to the quiet environment. She would rather read with music on or switch on the television. Or she goes to a noisy environment in order to get a positive result. The opposite might be the case with you. So you have to learn to understand yourself very well so that you discover your distractions and avoid them as much as possible. This will make it easy for you to get the best results.

Checking for meaning of new words while reading can actually slow you down especially when you just initiate the action of reading. But it is the best thing to do. Because it allows you to have a better understanding of what you read. Regular practice makes you get better in your reading ability. Because as you progress, you have a better understanding of new words which you are likely to come across in your further study.

Challenge your brain

This is interesting. Play games like Scrabble, brain teaser, puzzle and lots more and you learn while doing so. It goes along way, especially when you do it with someone of like minds. Your brain develops more and you will be able to read and assimilate faster as you progress in your studies. I love this aspect because it gives me the privilege to play while I lose nothing.

Eat well

Good diet has alot to do with the way your brain works. Walnut, avocado, coconut, blueberries and lots more are examples of fruits and nuts that help in the development of the brain. Combining these fruits and nut with a balanced diet on a daily basis allows the brain to perform its function efficiently.

This kind of group gives you the opportunity to discover your weeknesses and strengths, especially when the group is the type that gives its members task to accomplish. Each member is encouraged to accomplish his or her task within a limited period. And which the topic will be placed for discussion on a specified date. Members are therefore encouraged to read, accomplish task and discover themselves.

When you believe in yourself. Then you have the strenght to reach the sky. Make up your mind about it. Then, i can assure you, success is yours.
[/b]In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Make reading an habit

Read aloud

Eliminate distractions

Challenge your brain

Eat well

http://itsaworldtolearn.com/i-bet-you-will-become-a-better-reader-with-this-tips/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by masterplan303(m): 5:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Kk
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by killzone(m): 6:22am On Sep 14, 2015
Thanks op this is really going to help me
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by Haywhymido(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2015
Epistle toh binu lowo
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 14, 2015
Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting. Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting. Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting.
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by lordthree(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2015
make reading A habit... not an habit op..
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by Ginaz(f): 11:26am On Sep 14, 2015
charix:
Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting. Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting. Its obvious [url=kafolabi]OP[/url] did not read this before posting.

grin grin
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by SexyStrawberry(f): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2015
OP is like ur having what we call the repeating syndrome grin

But on a more serious note, I like the read aloud part coz I've noticed that I sleep whenever I am reading, dunno why, so maybe if I read aloud n hear my own voice, I won't slept while reading.
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2015
charix:
Hahahahaha... You people are wicked
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by baruzeez(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2015
kafolabi:
In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Make reading an habit

Read aloud

Eliminate distractions

Challenge your brain

Eat well

[b]In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Make reading an habit

Read aloud

Eliminate distractions

Challenge your brain

Eat well

[/b]In the event of trying to go back to study, some of us are faced with the challenges of reading and assimilating well. Being occupied with other activities that do not require us to read or not just having a serious reading for a very long time could be some of the factors responsible for the poor reading habits. These mentioned factors and others would be saved for discussion for another day. For now, we are going to talk about tips that you can apply in order to have a very good reading and assimilation ability. This tips are gotten from reliable research, careful observation done by experts. As well as interviews carried out on individuals with different experiences.It worked for them, it worked for me and and am sure if religiously applied. It will work for you. Have a wonderful reading

Read for a purpose

Make reading an habit

Read aloud

Eliminate distractions

Challenge your brain

Eat well

http://itsaworldtolearn.com/i-bet-you-will-become-a-better-reader-with-this-tips/
but op u are a poor writer
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by MisterLongman(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
^^^E be like say you get brain touch
@topic same old ish
Re: I Bet You Will Become A Better Reader With This Tips by Rex123(m): 3:34pm On Sep 14, 2015
lordthree:
make reading A habit... not an habit op..

When the H carries a vowel sound you use an. So an habit is correct!

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic Admission List 2015/2016 / Nigerian Bags 'best Graduating Medical Student' from Texila American University. / Top 5 Medical Universities In Nigeria (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.