Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms (605 Views)

REVEALED: Why Onyekuru Opted To Join Galatasaray / 2018 World Cup: Jordon Ibe Claims Coach Rohr Wants Him To Play / Does Nigeria Still Need Jordan Ibe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms by moremuch1(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2015
The midfielder has chosen to play for the Three Lions instead of the Super Eagles, according to the Nigeria coach The debate over Jordon Ibe’s international future has come to an end after Nigeria coach, Sunday Oliseh, said the midfielder has chosen England.

In a tweet on Sunday, Oliseh said the player’s family has informed him of the decision. “Jordon Ibe's Family Informed me by a Telephone call, that He was giving priority to an England call up.We wish them well,” Oliseh wrote.

Ibe, born in London to a Nigerian father, was still eligible to represent the Super Eagles after playing for England at youth level.The Liverpool man has impressed a lot of watchers since last season when he broke into the Reds’ first team.

However, England coach Roy Hodgson has said he won’t simply hand the lad a senior debut in order to deny Nigeria the opportunity of having him, as he would need to show he was worthy of a call up. “My attitude for this is quite clear - I want players who want to play for England. I am not going to start making players English by giving them a few minutes in games, ” Hodgson was quoted by the Daily Mail.
“I want Jordon to fight for his place in the team like everybody else. He is certainly a player we like very much and certainly a player we have eyes on.“It's far from impossible that he gets called up in one of the next games. But if we do call him up it won't be because we are worried about other nations,” he said.

Jordon Ibe's Family Informed me by a Telephone call, that He was giving priority to an England call up.We wish them well.— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh)

It's sad that Nigeria keeps losing her best to other nations... Sad

Source:http://m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2015/09/13/15322272/jordon-ibe-opts-for-england-oliseh-confirms
Re: Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms by Swaggzkid: 9:04am On Sep 14, 2015
Smh
Re: Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms by kiddkash(m): 9:14am On Sep 14, 2015
the guy is a total waste of space
Re: Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms by johnchukky: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2015
i would do the same if i were in his shoes
Re: Jordan Ibe Of Liverpool Opted To Play For England, Oliseh Confirms by khattab02: 9:44am On Sep 14, 2015
Hehehehe.............................. Let not what happened to Agbonlahor and co happened to you oooooo.....

#England you will have to wait, Nigeria you don't

(1) (Reply)

Van Persie Unhappy After Being Left Out By Fenerbahce / Pep Guardiola's Service Is Needed In The Three Lions Team / Mourinhno's Fine Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.