Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore (1261 Views)

Can You Imagine Your Life And Work Without Smartphone? / How To Block Ads In Android Apps, Games And Browsers / List Of Phones That Will Not Support Whatsapp Anymore From 31st Dec 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 14, 2015
Please help me out o. I did the simple server thingy sometimes ago but I have since returned back to using the normal mtn subscription. Unfortunately, this simple server seems to have taken over my phone settings as my uc browser and crucial apps cannot work without it.

Please what do I do to rectify this. I guess it's a settings issue but I don't really know how to go about it.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Kingsasian(m): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2015
Lol...it happened to me two months ago. The only remedy is to factory reset.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by donmarvex1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
Have you tried changing APN to normal Mtn configuration?
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2015
Kingsasian:
Lol...it happened to me two months ago. The only remedy is to factory reset.

I have entered it o. Please how do I factory reset?
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
donmarvex1:
Have you tried changing APN to normal Mtn configuration?
Everything looks normal except for MNC and MCC which values of 30 and 621 respectively, I suspect that's not normal
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by jideprof: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
#Addiction things! I guess your browser fell in love.... Hahahahaha
grin grin grin

well, it's probably apn settings, try do a work around your apn settings. GL
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Kingsasian(m): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
adedibu6:

I have entered it o. Please how do I factory reset?
check your phone settings
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by luorquay: 6:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
adedibu6:

Everything looks normal except for MNC and MCC which values of 30 and 621 respectively, I suspect that's not normal

Thats normal. Be sure you dont have proxy/port or username and password set.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Lordseyad(m): 7:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
lol.. .. see you..

jxt change your Apn settings to the normal one there na..

or Didn't you tamper with your Apn when you're setting up Simple server?
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2015
luorquay:

Thats normal. Be sure you dont have proxy/port or username and password set.
Okay. Proxy was 126....and I've changed it to 10.199.212.1 while port is 8080. I've cleared the username and password entry. Let's see
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by daamazing(m): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
adedibu6:

Okay. Proxy was 126....and I've changed it to 10.199.212.1 while port is 8080. I've cleared the username and password entry. Let's see
Dont put any proxy&port.leave it empty.
hope it helps!
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 9:28pm On Sep 14, 2015
Guys plz help here. Dunno y ss has not bin working on my fone wit al d necessary setting intact. It works only when d 10mb is still there. N stops when its fnshd. Kb uploaded buh downloaded always on zero.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by udemzyudex(m): 9:55pm On Sep 14, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
Guys plz help here. Dunno y ss has not bin working on my fone wit al d necessary setting intact. It works only when d 10mb is still there. N stops when its fnshd. Kb uploaded buh downloaded always on zero.
If you're using the version 2 pls go back to the previous version, the red one... Looks like the new one have a bug, it takes like forever to start and always crash.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 4:35am On Sep 15, 2015
udemzyudex:

If you're using the version 2 pls go back to the previous version, the red one... Looks like the new one have a bug, it takes like forever to start and always crash.
tnx man
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 15, 2015
daamazing:
Dont put any proxy&port.leave it empty. hope it helps!
Yea, everything is fine now. Gracias
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by bongolistik(m): 7:17am On Sep 15, 2015
adedibu6:

that is not the right MTN proxy. The right one is 10.199.212.2 or better still don't even input any proxy at all, it will detect and use it automatically, cos some times when u include it, it becomes conflicting.

Just only your APN will do. Which is web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by daamazing(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2015
adedibu6:
Yea, everything is fine now. Gracias
u are welcome.
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by luorquay: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2015
adedibu6:

It should work now
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 5:12pm On Sep 15, 2015
udemzyudex:

I downloaded d new one still same problem
Re: Help! My Apps And Browsers Don't Work Without Simple Server Anymore by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
It's working fine now guys. Thanks plenty plenty grin

(1) (Reply)

Rep Your Phone Brand / Play Store Downloading Error 504 / A Phone We All Need!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.