Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash (633 Views)

Mecca Crane Collapse "An Act Of God" Says Engineer. / Mecca Crane Collapse: 87 Dead In Saudi Arabia - BBC News [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by JoelNkantaBlog: 1:27pm On Sep 14, 2015
Six Nigerian pilgrims have been confirmed dead while four have been declared missing in the crane accident which took place in a Mosque in Kaabah, Mecca, Saudi Arabia on Friday. The deceased, it was learnt on Sunday, had been buried in Saudi Arabia.
The spokesperson for National Hajj Commission of Nigeria, Mr. Uba Mana, confirmed the death of the six Nigerians in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Sunday.

He said, “There are six Nigerians that lost their lives; in Islam, you don’t bring corpses back home. You bury them where they died. Preparations are on the way for their burial as I speak with you now. But I’m sure they will be buried here (Saudi Arabia).”
The News Agency of Nigeria also reported on Sunday that four female pilgrims from Gombe State had been declared missing following the crash. One other female pilgrim got injured during the incident.

The State Amirul-Hajj, Alhaji Abdullahi Mai-Kano, disclosed this while sympathising with the state pilgrims in Mecca over the mishap on Sunday.
Mai-Kano said that the four pilgrims were from Akko, Dukku and Nafada local governments areas of the state (Click on the link below to read more).
url:http://www.primeviewsng.com

Re: Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by ichoku: 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
May their souls rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by ayokunlei(m): 1:29pm On Sep 14, 2015
O
Re: Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by kilokeys(m): 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2015
Pitiful..

Hope they get compensated
Re: Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by olaafirst: 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2015
This world just full of problem but victory is mine and all my entire family and all nairalander fans
Re: Six Nigerians Die, Four Missing In Mecca Crane Crash by lordm(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2015
I guess they died for a good cause

(1) (Reply)

To The Crucified One / As Christains; Must We Pray Everyday??? / Have You Ever Stolen Money Frm Your Parents, How Did You Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.