Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Skill Acquisition/entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Skill Acquisition/entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money! (752 Views)

Deeper Life To Graduate 355 Skill Acquisition Participants / Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program / _skill Acquisition, Entrepreneurship Skill & Ond Certificate A Must! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Skill Acquisition/entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money! by Smartresult(f): 6:07am On Sep 15, 2015
Going To School Is Still The Best Option; Skill Acquisition/Entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money!
I came across a topic posted on nairaland, one of the most visited Nigerian online forum, titled “rejoinder to when a university degree never guarantee a job” and another post titled “sometimes I want to regret going to school”. the first writer after listing on points went further to narrate that his friend that is an electrician is successful, earning a lots in his business, is happily married with two kids, erecting a nice building, own a car and has a huge savings in the bank, while he that went to the university to obtain a degree is still struggling with job hunt. The second writer narrates a story of a restaurant, developed by illiterates that are earning a substantial income on daily bases.
The two writers went further to enumerate the disadvantages of obtaining a university degree while highlighting the pros of going to apprenticeship or simply entrepreneurship and business.
this misinformation is not only found on nairaland , therefore there is the urge for me to come up with this write up s to address this misconception that has been blown out to the public and also arrest the effects it may have on the mind of its readers..
first of all let me differentiate between a university and market business or entrepreneurship, a university is center of learning, a place where personalities are made, I could remember in my secondary school day, a professor who happens to be an ex-boy of my of the school visited us and thrown a question at us to define a university, we all said the best we know , but he put it down and went further to define a university as a factory for reproducing human personalities, he stated that we aren’t doctors but continue reading
Re: Skill Acquisition/entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money! by MasterWayne(m): 7:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Preach it brah. This right here is the bitter truth most don't know.
In a nutshell all hands are not equal.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Is It Posible To Go For PGD With This CGPA / How To Become A Wealth Creator Geek Via Online Fiverr Freelancing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.