Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? (42293 Views)

Which Country Can I Relocate To With 900k / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 500k? / Going For Masters Abroad!! Which Country Is Easy & Less Expensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 23, 2015
SmartMugu:

I've heard that before several times. I was actually born here in the US by Nigerian parents, but I lived in Nigeria through most of my adolescent ages. I came back to the US about 12 years ago right after I graduated in Nigeria. So I have a decent knowledge of what's happening where I was raised especially with helps from following up with current happenings that I read about in forums like this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the US or any country for that matter. I never even mentioned coming back to live in Nigeria, so where did you get that from?

I can be either in Nigeria or the US for however long I want, I chose to be where favors me at the moment. I visit Nigeria quite often but chose not to live there at the moment even though I have investments back there.

Why leave a place with good roads, steady electricity, safety, steady income, etc to return to loud generator noise, police/area boys extortion etc, weird judicial system etc?
It was ok when I lived there, for me today, it's not same in every other country ive visited, and I choose not to go backwards.

So, why do u think I'm a hypocrite? Cos I chose to live elsewhere ?

Dude you misunderstood me.

US and Nigeria are not the only countries in the world.

Go seek another country whose moral compass matches yours. I just don't understand folks that complain instead of taking action.

1 Like

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by daddysprincess(f): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2015
shizzy7:
I don Katch you..

Oya what about your Stepbrothers at least out of those 20 wives your Dad married,, one would give birth to a boy..
they stay in different houses na we don't live in one house
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Qc1(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2015
Bollinger:

Good for you too. But since the question was directed at me, i answered as it pertained. The only way i can imagine anyone being poor in america is if the said individual is an illegal immigrant or an akata. With that status there is no hope for you. But wait a minute, you work for a fortune 500 and make all that income and you still stress on moving to Nigeria. See why i am confounded? You are in an environment which is conducive enough to achieve whatever dreams you desire, a place where you have adequate security, a place where all amenities are functioning and you want to trade it for a lawless country where nothing works and the future is uncertain. I must be the crazy one. Yes, i am definitely insane. There is no other explanation.

abbey621:

Yes America is great until you realize no matter how much you want to believe that you are one of them you are not cos there's really no place like home. Yes I make a lot of money but in reality it is chicken change compared to what I could be making in 9ja as an entrepreneur. You mentioned that all amenities are working but you forgot that it's not free. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an Aries but I just don't like when a system is designed to take advantage of people; social security is a scam, insurance is mostly rip-off and seriously 7k just to give birth, ridiculous! This is exactly what the American system was designed for, you make money but spend it all in the US. Over 80% of Americans can't boast of 10k in savings, that's just a measly 2 million naira and yet people buy large houses and so on. The smart people in America are those able to take advantage of the system and invest wisely, those able to use the tools around them wisely, this is where being an African has its advantages. God willing, in the next 10 years I plan on investing heavily on real estate in Nigeria, beefing up my savings and finally saying good riddance to corporate America(Monday to Friday 8AM to 6PM is stressing me out). In Nigeria I can truly live like a king and with continuous income, I can enjoy it for years to come, I can afford a maid or two, a gateman and a driver and it all won't cost me more than what I'm paying for insurance per month. In 9ja, I can own my own company and truly impact people's lives. I can be all that I can be and more; in America I'm just a puppet, making money but not really living! Salah is coming up yet the Mofos expect me to manage my department regardless. I don't know about you but life is too short to be limited, America is just a stepping stone for me to get to my final destination, it will and cannot ever be called home!

@abbey621

You said it the way it is, the truth and nothing but the truth!

@ all

Everyone will think America/Canada is great till you eventually reach the age 42 years old or so, then you have what is called a "Middle life crisis" All of a sudden you wake up from your slumber and asking yourself some questions.

Why are you nephews and nieces are just making a fraction of your income buy yet can afford to build 4 (3 bedroom) flat in naija ?

Why are you making $70,000/year and all you have to show for it is a house that you still need to pay it's mortgage for another 25 years?

Why those in naija kept complaining that Nigeria is bad but they prosper more than you?

At one tine, I didn't travel to naija for about 15 years (1997-2012), I was very surprised that I was the poorest in my family even though I lives comfortable here. Naija reality have thought me a lesson I will never forget; Oyinbo people are not foolish, they have a master plan. They don't give you that citizenship for nothing, once you accepted then you become a slave for life!

I have a Friend here in Calgary, he has at least 4 houses for rental properties, I'm happy for him and wish him well. The problem with that, is that he will have maybe $3.5m when he retired or at the age of 70 years old and all the money will goes to the grand kids because his children are too old to enjoy that money too.

On the other hand, his nephew also has 4 (3 bedroom) flats for rental property. The differences here is that little nephew totally owns his house and still makes little money to live is life to the fullest. He doesn't have to wait till 70 years old to enjoy his life! He doesn't have to pay any child support or alimony, he doesn't have to pay 40 % of his income in direct taxes and another 15% in goods & services tax, he doesn't have to pay his school loan for another 15 years, or so.

It's better to have your own house and makes just 350k /months in naija than to makes equivalent of N13m /year in Yankee + a US passport. The sooner you realize this, the better.

America is great no doubt, but its just to give you a head start and have a break in life! if you're not too smart to wake up in the so- called American dream, the you will live your life chasing those dreams forever!

Good luck to you all and Gods's blessed regardless where you choose to live.

7 Likes

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by kunshe(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2015
amzee:
I guess you must have heared of people whether family members,friends or neighbour discuss about their sojourn in a foreign land.It may be holiday,visit or excursion and you are interested in travelling to abroad.
Share with us which country would you love to travel to and have you travelled out of the shores of Nigeria before?
As for me I've travelled to Niger Republic before for a football competition.

Germany for me
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by MightySparrow: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2015
shizzy7:
well plan on moving from the annex to the heart where real Nigerians are living,, that's my own plan settle in a part of Nigeria and make it my own paradise.....

That's one thing I've observed in every state in Nigeria there is that hidden,nice place where you can settle down, live your life and Impact on those who don't have enough.. I'll pay my dues to my father &mother land..

Fine Bros, I have paid my own due I am awaiting the reward. God will help you to accomplish your desire. Cheers.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 23, 2015
amzee:
I guess you must have heared of people whether family members,friends or neighbour discuss about their sojourn in a foreign land.It may be holiday,visit or excursion and you are interested in travelling to abroad.
Share with us which country would you love to travel to and have you travelled out of the shores of Nigeria before?
As for me I've travelled to Niger Republic before for a football competition.
I ve lived in many countries and I respect each place I ve lived in. I love Nigeria, but I prefer where I am now. Senegal, Fiji, Samoa, Wales, Peru, New-Zealand, Cabo Verde, Greece, Surinam, Czech Republic and England are dear to my heart.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by SmartMugu: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Dude you misunderstood me.

US and Nigeria are not the only countries in the world.

Go seek another country whose moral compass matches yours. I just don't understand folks that complain instead of taking action.
I wasn't complaining, i have no reasons to.Neither do I have any reasons to go to any other countries in the world, I've experienced much of life overseas and only shared what my thoughts were with OP.

I refused to be held down by any system and I can brag of the rewards. I'm fine the way I am and I'm glad of what I've accomplished that many I met when I returned here are yet to start working on.

Sorry if ur expectations was that I wanted to return to Nigeria the way it is at the moment. Neither did I complain about the US. You may want to re-read my original post- the message was clearly to still think about doing something back home versus getting entire consumed by the system like several have been.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by shizzy7(f): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2015
MightySparrow:

Fine Bros, I have paid my own due I am awaiting the reward. God will help you to accomplish your desire. Cheers.
I'm not a 'Bros'...How did you pay your own dues?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by MightySparrow: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
shizzy7:
I'm not a 'Bros'...How did you pay your own dues?

Firstly, I am born a Nigerian 100%. I am entitled by divine placement to all this land can offer.
Secondly, I am a patriotic nigerian, obeying all rules and regulation to the best of my knowledge.
Thirdly, in my profession I'm serving for the advancement and greatness of the nation to the best of my ability.
Some of those living in choice places I mentioned earlier are not doing something extra than I am doing now. Some are not even thinking of relocating to another place. Why should I? In the matter of Naija some have a stake. Bro sorry Sis sorry comrade or just NLder I am moving up there also. From annex to Aso Rock!
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by abbey621(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Odedimu, just as I suspected your reality is the life you live. Hope you weren't trying to impress me with your POS 250k starter home grin

The America I know is TOLERANT but I sorrowing myself with educated people and not dredges of its society.

Why shouldn't we close our borders to protect our people? That's not being intolerant but being responsive.

Like I said get out of that Deep South and come out to civilization.

With your kind of sense even an amoeba is intelligent.

You're still not making sense! Still the same baseless rhetoric! I've probably traveled to more States than you can count and yes 250k house is not much but considering it is not mortgaged it is very much valued! You associate with intelligent people yet you think Southern California is the apex of civilization grin grin grin grin . My friend you are a nobody, you are not even a true American so stop using "we'" as if na your papa be Abraham Lincoln.

2 Likes

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
abbey621:

You're still not making sense! Still the same baseless rhetoric! I've probably traveled to more States than you can count and yes 250k house is not much but considering it is not mortgaged it is very much valued! You associate with intelligent people yet you think Southern California is the apex of civilization grin grin grin grin . My friend you are a nobody, you are not even a true American so stop using "we'" as if na your papa be Abraham Lincoln.

Dunce, the tristate area is not traveling the US.

Stop your whining and pay your taxes or gtfo grin
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by amzee(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Danny4show:
amzie could you please reply my mail... i just sent a pm a little while ago
Sorry I cant access my e-mail at the moment.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bigass123(m): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
My dear you seem to have misunderstood me... I was not making fun of you. But it's OK

sparkleice:
u feel ur dryass. Nt me.unam ikot,ndisme mkpo.ur full life for deir.bring t on.y d abuse? Did iever abuse u? Evn tho I mayb wrong wud t b cool f u correct? U thnk u ursef know t all.idiot.gerrout of here
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:31am On Sep 24, 2015
SmartMugu:

Like I said, I don't live in Canada, however I have visted more than 20 times from the US. The fact that a certain percentage is white doesnt mean they are not immigrants. There are Canadians whose roots are from France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland and other countries. I'd expect them to be white and may be not racist because everyone knows Canada is not their land.
lol. yes, they came from Europe over 200-600 years ago just like white Americans came from Europe too at different times. After all, America(Continent) is owned by native Americans.

On another note, i never knew Canada was this popular in Nigeria. Got most mention on this thread. nice.

Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 24, 2015
raphy:
wadup pal! Wht do canada hv tht is so special?
Snow and freezing weather, we have it in abundance. grin
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
bigass123:
Sparkleice.. I dey feel you die.. Olorun

sparkleice: mistake my bad, texas is a city not country. I'll go for canada and paris.
someone pls tell this mama that paris is not a country o but a city in France or na wetin that lecturer been dey teach you idah afo ake aka nwed ke calabar
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bigass123(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2015
Profbrian abeg leave sparkleice alone oh... She's my new wife on NL and we're feeling each other die. She knows those are cities and not countries.. She was just trying to pull some stunt. It's OK tho.. She's my bae all the same.. Make una leave her for me abeg cheesy

Profbrian:
someone pls tell this mama that paris is not a country o but a city in France or na wetin that lecturer been dey teach you idah afo ake aka nwed ke calabar
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Caleycash(m): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2015
opeaceo:
Switzerland first, then Australia, then Brazil.....
For your own good dear...don't ever go to Switzerland. ur life will be depressed and messed up, that Country is full of weird human beings, except your extremely Rich!!
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Caleycash(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2015
opeaceo:
Switzerland first, then Australia, then Brazil.....
For your own good dear...don't ever go to Switzerland. ur life will be depressed and messed up, that Country is full of weird human beings, except your extremely Rich and can deal with Useless languages!!
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Funkybabee(f): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2015
CzarRex:
too much korean & Romantic films na wetin dey cause am
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Funkybabee(f): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2015
CzarRex:
too much korean & Romantic films na wetin dey cause am

Nah u sabi but paris i like most
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Funkybabee(f): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=Funkybabee post=38328113][/quote]
I like the city <paris>
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 24, 2015
bigass123:
Profbrian abeg leave sparkleice alone oh... She's my new wife on NL and we're feeling each other die. She knows those are cities and not countries.. She was just trying to pull some stunt. It's OK tho.. She's my bae all the same.. Make una leave her for me abeg cheesy

but she is in lagos leaving with her fiance, after she graduated from unical and then left calabar cos there was no job and is now leaving with her hubby in lag.
Keep leaving in false dreams.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by fem88(m): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2015
Atmmachine:
I live in America but i must confess, there's no place like Nigeria.
If i can get a job that pays like the one i have in America, I will be in Nigeria the next day.

Nigeria is the best country on earth.
People who lives in Nigeria may not understand this till you move to that country you think is the best.

Now that you can't get ur America job in Nigeria nko?
Boss..You better remain there and don't think of Nigeria as the best place to be
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by fem88(m): 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
jesussaves22:
Biafra or Nigeria. I have suffered for nigeria and in return nigeria have paid me well so why leaving nigeria to go and be a slave abroad. Tufiakwa. Nigeria is my home and i love it. Am even looking for a white man or woman to be my maid and i will feed him and pay him. Yes i will do it because my blessings are in nigeria and it have manifested. This country is sweet if you find your self in my shoes. Many of my school friends who runs to uk, dubai and america are so jealous of me. They even pray to get a well paid job if they return to nigeria. Do you love freedom?? Are you a liberalist? Nigeria your country is a place you can get it. After all dangote made it here in nigeria and is been respected all over the world. Orji kalu made it. Chisco made it from bus conductor. Adenuga made it. Elumelu made it so why should i run?? Many white men are working very hard for this individuals in nigeria. If they have paradise as a country then why are they in Nigeria Biafra or Nigeria.. Full stop

Boss..all those names u mentioned that they made it in Nigeria,have u read their stories? Do you know how far they have gone to develop themselves? And who told you they were never abroad in one time or the other?
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by bigass123(m): 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
You must be a chronic learner.. Anyways keep learning, it's good for ya health.
Profbrian:
but she is in lagos leaving with her fiance, after she graduated from unical and then left calabar cos there was no job and is now leaving with her hubby in lag.
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by 4stylz: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
fem88:

Boss..all those names u mentioned that they made it in Nigeria,have u read their stories? Do you know how far they have gone to develop themselves? And who told you they were never abroad in one time or the other?

Nothing stops anyone from visiting outside his own shores; it's part of life; concentrate on the point he is trying to make that you can be more successful in nigeria if you know yourself
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by sparkleice(f): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Profbrian:
and how do know m wt my fiance n lagos? My dear I don't leave wt a man who has nt paid a dime on my head ok,I don't do abuja marriage. All d same tnx
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Filashade(f): 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2015
There is no place like home.

I prefer to stay in my own country so I will say Nigeria and Jamaica and also Brazil (Bahia - were my ancestors lived during slavery)

Apart from that after I have saved up enough money here me am gone from this UK.

U lot that are saying Usa this Canada this wait till u arrive and live there ehhhn. u go see pepper.

Just remember this, all that is glitter is not gold!!!!

grin cheesy wink
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
sparkleice:
and how do know m wt my fiance n lagos? My dear I don't leave wt a man who has nt paid a dime on my head ok,I don't do abuja marriage. All d same tnx
okay. Sparkle lets know each other o. Ndo ayen akwa ibom but nke ka nwed ke calabar since childhood. Was born in university of calabar teaching hospital, attended command children army nursery school calabar, wanted furthering to nigerian navy school but came to uyo for airforce comprehensive secondary school and later university of uyo were i graduated 2 years ago. I stay at Eyo Ita calabar o. So can we get closer? Sesongo
Re: Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 24, 2015
The conclusion of the discussion is. Stay away from her and back off, cos she is mine.
bigass123:
You must be a chronic learner.. Anyways keep learning, it's good for ya health.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos / Edo Accidents Kill 15 People, Including 4 Girls & 2 Boys Of Same Parents / Many Passengers Killed In Accident On Enugu/Onitsha Road (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.