Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Nigerians In Oslo, Norway - Travel (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway (551331 Views)

Over 100 Nigerians deported from Norway, three others / Nigerian Friends In Oslo/sandefjord Norway / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Phelickz98: 1:08pm On May 03, 2023
Any one got admitted into University of Stavanger here?
Or any one currently in Stavanger? I just recently got admitted.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Brunel(m): 8:58pm On May 07, 2023
congratulations.
have you paid any fees yet?
Phelickz98:
Any one got admitted into University of Stavanger here?
Or any one currently in Stavanger? I just recently got admitted.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Phelickz98: 9:01pm On May 07, 2023
Brunel:
congratulations.
have you paid any fees yet?
Not yet. Are you in Stavanger?
Here’s my email felixhope30@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Brunel(m): 9:23pm On May 07, 2023
I have replied to your email
Phelickz98:

Not yet. Are you in Stavanger?
Here’s my email felixhope30@gmail.com
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 2:34am On May 11, 2023
Please house what are the required documents to apply for Norway Work visa in Nigeria and do Norway have embassy in Nigeria Abuja or we can only apply through VFS in Abuja.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 8:42am On May 11, 2023
itunuoye:
Please house what are the required documents to apply for Norway Work visa in Nigeria and do Norway have embassy in Nigeria Abuja or we can only apply through VFS in Abuja.
Go to udi.no to check the requirements. Norway doesn't have embassy in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 10:52am On May 11, 2023
KillerBeauty:

Go to udi.no to check the requirements. Norway doesn't have embassy in Nigeria

I have check the website...

Health insurance
Police clearance certificate
Flight reservation

All these are not mention as part of the requirements documents
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 8:37pm On May 11, 2023
itunuoye:

I have check the website...

Health insurance
Police clearance certificate
Flight reservation

All these are not mention as part of the requirements documents
Okay. So you want them to be included?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 9:08pm On May 11, 2023
KillerBeauty:

Okay. So you want them to be included?

I was surprised why they didn't mention those documents as part of requirements
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by KillerBeauty(f): 3:52am On May 12, 2023
itunuoye:

I was surprised why they didn't mention those documents as part of requirements
Norway has a straigt forward process so I'm not surprised. It's DIY friendly no agent required. Same with study visa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 10:26am On May 12, 2023
KillerBeauty:

Norway has a straigt forward process so I'm not surprised. It's DIY friendly no agent required. Same with study visa.

Thanks so much this response.
I think their standard of living is very high, no wonder they don't give free education to Non EU again.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 7:00pm On May 13, 2023
Can I use Nigeria bank card to pay application fees?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Blessingekpo: 10:56am On May 20, 2023
Blessingekpo:
Hi everyone
I really hope you read my messages as I'm in a desperate situation and need help

I'm a prospective graduate student applying to oslomet against autumn resumption next year.
My official transcripts were sent by my school here in Nigeria via DHL to be delivered to Oslo metropolitan university, Oslo Norway (Pilestredet 46 N-0167 Oslo) but it was delivered to a wrong location. (HUSEBYBAKKEN 5 admissions office oslo Norway)

I'm a Nigerian living in Nigeria.
I do not have anyone in Oslo, norway to help me pick it up from that location and have it delivered to oslomet.
I am way past the deadline but the school has given me the grace of this week to have it sent to the correct address.
I really do not want to lose this admission

Kindly let me know if there's anyone here who is willing to help me with that.
I look forward to hearing from you...
My Email: blessingekpoffon@gmail.com

I have attached proofs of my application to the university and delivery/ location of the transcripts to norway as sent by DHL

PS: I have reached out to DHL concerning this and they said I have to get a contact to help retrieve the documents from the wrong address..

I got the admission
Masters in public health nutrition at Oslomet

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by lady25(f): 3:43pm On May 23, 2023
Blessingekpo:

I got the admission
Big congratulations. When did you apply ?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by womaniser(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blessingekpo:

I got the admission

Congratulations
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by womaniser(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jenny2412:

Omo, this is the koko oo, I just got an offer but proceeding come dey fear me considering the huge fees involved, a part of me is telling me splash the money on UK instead

You better move in with UK. As I stated in an earlier post, Norway is systematically excluding non-eu migrants. Apart from introduced tuition fees, some delivery companies recently excluded non eu students saying you need citizenship to get the roles. These are roles that are so difficult in cold weather Norwegians won't touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Couple that with the large influx of Ukrainians, Polish and Hungarians trooping in daily to come hustle and I'm left to wonder how a hustler from Nigeria can meet up with living and tuition demands without working your head off...and yes, the education system in Norway is not a walk in the park.

If you have UK on lock, I'd suggest you use that option.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
@ Yonniedoll... Do you later get decision for your visitor visa and when do you receive feedback from them.

Please what exactly is DUF , I am just hearing about it for the first time, Do I need it for visitors Visa? I submitted my documents at VFS office on 6th September and still haven’t heard from them and it’s a month now . No Email , nothing . I was trying to send an email to UDI , then came across the the DUF number ,my research brought me here. By the way, I’m applying for Vistors Visa[/quote]
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by itunuoye: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2023
Good Day everyone... What is the time frame to get decision on skilled work visa? Then after submission of application at VFS, Do I need to contact vfs for follow up after a month regards decision. Then Incase someone in need of her passport can I request for it while waiting for decision on my visa application.

Is it Norway embassy in Accra that grant visa or the visa is granted by UDI in Norway?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Djamel(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good day house, i have a friend. He finished with a second class lower and he is thinking of applying to a school in norway.any school that accepts second class lower. his discipline is Electrical/Electronics
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by SayNo2SmallPrik: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2023
Djamel:
Good day house, i have a friend. He finished with a second class lower and he is thinking of applying to a school in norway.any school that accepts second class lower. his discipline is Electrical/Electronics
Your friend should come and ask the question

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Djamel(m): 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2023
SayNo2SmallPrik:

Your friend should come and ask the question

Lmao.....why do you think i'm the one that asked the question?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mrcrabs(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
Good day all. As a fresh graduate considering msc program in Norway, are post graduate works available? , what is the cost of living and is Norway a good place to start life after school.

Anyone with a good mind could answer this for me and I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by mie20: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2023
[quote author=
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Love800(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Academic career?
So dat means one can still do a career in norway dat is not base on oil, gas and IT?
StarFlux:
Honestly, I don't know. I'm going for an academic career so haven't looked much into the job market elsewhere. The oil and gas sector is so shaky right now that it's hard to say what the situation will be like once you complete your M.A. degree. Knowing Norwegian will always be a huge advantage in Norway - there's no hiding that fact.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Love800(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2023
Goodmorning.
Pls can u define wat is internship generally?
I have interest in a radio station but i don't know how to gain entrance. Some people advise that i should volunteer working with dem. Some said i should do internship.
I want to know the difference between the two.
aurorae1:

Some people have travelled and landed in Norway already though under strict measures. By this time next year, the COVID dust should have cleared even more and one may need to only be vaccinated.

It's "tuition" free, but there are some administrative fees, book fees, this usually leads up to very small amount which varies from school to school under a NOK 1000, so it's not hard to pay it.

The second year, it's rinse and repeat with the blocked amount. You have to renew your visa the next year, if memory serves me.
You can get jobs but of course they are usually jobs that don't require express experience, same as in most countries to be honest. This is where learning Norwegian will come in handy. It'll open more doors, especially to internships and the rest.

Hope this helps.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Love800(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2023
So one can get a lecturer job there?
womaniser:

Slim but possible. I've met a few Nigerians with good jobs. One in oil, another in a recruitment agency and then lecturers but I tell you, these guys have spent over 14 years in the country or were simply born in Norway. They came in when things were a lot easier

There's lots of Africans especially Ghanaians and it's suprising that men who have spent about 5-7years in Norway are still working cleaner or delivery hustles.

Norway is really close knit and minorities are systematically excluded. It's not an overt gesture but is formed through policies and requirements.

At career fairs, honest staff will tell you language is the first and big ceiling you have to break through before your skills or experience are even considered and I'm not talking A1 or A2 here, fluent professional level. You can't achieve that in 1 year what took Norwegians a whole childhood to learn.

Successful migrants who use alternative means to stay back usually end up starting a cleaning company or something similar to survive.
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by Zino89: 11:40am On Apr 14
Do they accept ND?
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by heldworld: 3:29am On Apr 22
What happened to this thread
Re: Nigerians In Oslo, Norway by BlaqScarface(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22
Una nor dey travel go Norway again? Why the silence on here

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (Reply)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.