Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo (1195 Views)

My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours- SEASON 2 / My Childhood Life With My Spoilt Neighbours / Bitter-sweet: My Life With Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo by lipuka(m): 10:06am On Apr 10, 2009
A book has been released, purported to have been written by a former wife of Abasanjo, former President of Nigeria. The book talks about the infidelities and violence against the poor lady. It talks about Abasanjo, and his sexual infidelities with other peoples' wives, among others.

For all we know, this may be true, and it could mark a change in the manner women of high profile figures think of their husbands' behaviours. Or it could herald an onslaught on these people by women who have been spurned. After all, Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned.

There is something good about this book though. It exposes the excesses of our leaders. We suspect that these things are going on but we never talk about them for fear of reprisals. The victims, be they wives, children family members, staff or just ordinary folk, just keep quiet. They are promised some share of the power and glory of the powerful men in office and opt to keep quiet. To them, the positions are more important than the pain they have to endure. In fact some of the women, such as Grace Mugabe, actively support their husbands.

It is time women and family members of these men and women holding high positions, came and told us the truth about these people. Fawning over then will not help. Some of these people are beasts and have no business being leaders. Allowing these leaders to cause suffering to their own family members can only harm the country. After all, if a leader has no respect for his own wife and family, how can he respect the rest of the society?
Re: Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo by Tmoni(m): 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2009
Errrrm, Its Obansanjo written by his first wife

Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo
Re: Bitter-Sweet: My Life with Obasanjo by lipuka(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2009
You are right. We need more of these revelations

(1) (Reply)

Besttheses.com, All You Need In Academic Writing / Who Am I? / Poem:why Did You Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.