Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,342 members, 7,957,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

From what tribe is this name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / From what tribe is this name? (1211 Views)

Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Tribe Do You Like Best And Why? / Uneme: My Tribe, IS NOT Going Extinct ANYMORE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From what tribe is this name? by Itohan123(m): 10:09am On Apr 10, 2009
language

She is from ghana and her name is something with 0b0shie

can anyone please tell me if this is a Hausa name? I can use google to find a translation if I can determine her cultural group/language group.

Many thanks people of nairaland and sorry for the abrupt intro  tongue
Re: From what tribe is this name? by Itohan123(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2009
Is it a Yoruba name perhaps?
Re: From what tribe is this name? by Sissy3(f): 10:41am On Apr 10, 2009
Itohan123:

She is from ghana and her name is something with 0b0shie

can anyone please tell me if this is a Hausa name? I can use google to find a translation if I can determine her cultural group/language group.

you said she is from ghana and her name is something with oboshie and you are asking whether it is either hausa or yourba?

couldn't it be that her 0b0shie is Ghanaian name? since she is from ghana? or is there any link between ghana names and H or Y names??
Re: From what tribe is this name? by Itohan123(m): 10:50am On Apr 10, 2009
~Sissy~:

you said she is from ghana and her name is something with oboshie and you are asking whether it is either hausa or yourba?

couldn't it be that her 0b0shie is Ghanaian name? since she is from ghana? or is there any link between ghana names and H or Y names??
well I assumed most african names are linked to cultural groups? like itohan is an edo name?
Re: From what tribe is this name? by dominique(f): 11:04am On Apr 10, 2009
this is nigeria, we dont have the same tribes and cultures with ghana (apart from fulani, which i dont think she is), goodluck surprising your girl.
Re: From what tribe is this name? by IFELEKE(m): 11:30am On Apr 10, 2009
@Poster,
Go on Google to search for what you want.
Curious though, Is your Girl from the Upper Volta Region of Ghana? Because her name is kind of weird grin
Re: From what tribe is this name? by Czarskit(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2009
~ Oboshie is d femi9 of Obotè and the latter means 'foolish and stupid' ~
Re: From what tribe is this name? by IFELEKE(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2009
Czarskit:

~ Oboshie is d femi9 of Obotè and the latter means 'foolish and stupid' ~
Haba,
Obote is a Ugandan name and it means Long Throat grin grin
Re: From what tribe is this name? by bblacky(f): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2009
0b0shie comes from Jibu tribe n it means NEWLY FOUND
Re: From what tribe is this name? by deno2: 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2009
the binis have no shame? sad lipsrsealed
Re: From what tribe is this name? by queenTG(f): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2009
she is Chiwin un tribe from GHANA

(1) (Reply)

O Ma Se O... Eya Ara Eeyan Ree Loju Titi L'abuja Yii / Meet Ooni Of Ife Wife's Beautiful Sister, Simi Oluwaseyi Phebian (photos) / Which Country Is Cheaper: Nigeria Or Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.