Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record (695 Views)

Alice Oluwafemiayo Breaks Powerlifting World Record In Mexico (Photos) / Yakubu Aiyegbeni And His Daughters, Kay And Katty Pictured / Muhammad Ali! Video Of Visit To Nigeria, Yakubu Gowon In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record by Prince0071(m): 5:42am On Sep 16, 2015
A member of Team Nigeria, Yakubu Adesokan, did his country proud yesterday at the on-going African Games in Congo as he set a new world record in the powerlifting event. Adesokan, a physically challenged athlete, who had won many medals for Nigeria in various international events in the past, set the new record in the Men’s 49kg category as he lifted a massive 182.5kg to win another gold medal for Team Nigeria in the early hours of yesterday. Speaking with The Guardian shortly after the event, Director General of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Al- Hassan Yakmut, described Adesokan’s feat as ‘wonderful.’ “It was a great achievement for Team Nigeria and I salute Adesokan for that wonderful performance,” Yakmut said. “We are gradually moving up on the medals table and from the look of things, I have the feeling that Team Nigeria can finish top at the end of the Games. I know that Egypt and South Africa are working hard, but I am very sure of turning the tide against them based on performance of our athletes,” he enthused. 4:06 am

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record by IamAtribalist: 5:48am On Sep 16, 2015
cool These amala-eaters always want to LEAD in everything. Very soon their Nigerian brothers (or enemies grin) from the East, I am talking about the akpu-eating flattheads, will try to match this record. These two tribes are driven by low self esteem that's why they want to do everything first. Name one sector these amala-eaters and akpu-eaters have not dominated in this country? Thank goodness the akpu-eaters are political dumb otherwise they would have sold this country to the highest bidder. While I will reluctantly vote an amala-eater for president in this country, I doubt see a scenario where I will cast a president vote for an akpu-eating chestbeater. I voted for Obj and when Buhari vs. Goodluck came around I stayed home. Because while Goodluck was an unmitigated disaster, I refuse to cast a vote for another Northerner - I think they have ruled enough. In my opinion ONLY members of minority tribes should be elected President for the next 50 years - lets try something new. So no more amala-eaters, or Northern bokoharam animals and definitely not an akpu-grubbing chest beating flatthead either.

Iamatribalist signing off.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record by rusher14: 6:18am On Sep 16, 2015
IamAtribalist:
cool These amala-eaters always want to LEAD in everything. Very soon their Nigerian brothers (or enemies grin) from the East, I am talking about the akpu-eating flattheads, will try to match this record. These two tribes are driven by low self esteem that's why they want to do everything first. Name one sector these amala-eaters and akpu-eaters have not dominated in this country? Thank goodness the akpu-eaters are political dumb otherwise they would have sold this country to the highest bidder. While I will reluctantly vote an amala-eater for president in this country, I doubt see a scenario where I will cast a president vote for an akpu-eating chestbeater. I voted for Obj and when Buhari vs. Goodluck came around I stayed home. Because while Goodluck was an unmitigated disaster, I refuse to cast a vote for another Northerner - I think they have ruled enough. In my opinion ONLY members of minority tribes should be elected President for the next 50 years - lets try something new. So no more amala-eaters, or Northern bokoharam animals and definitely not an akpu-grubbing chest beating flatthead either.

Iamatribalist signing off.

Lol.

Staying true to your name.
Re: Nigeria’s Yakubu Adesokan Sets Powerlifting World Record by Obinoscopy(m): 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2015

(1)

Diego Costa Charged With Violent Conduct By FA / Get 1000 Naira Deposit Bonus Fee With Bet9ja. Hurry Now!!! / Wen Arsenal Is On Ur Bet Slip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.