Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam (2103 Views)

Amala Pictures That Will Make You Drool Like Nothing Else Can / Guy Accidentally Pays N1.2Million For A Plate Of Amala And Soup / Man Spotted Eating 20 Tubers Of Pounded Yam Alone (shocking Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by 360naija: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2015
“…if wheat causes low pH that triggers diseases, eating wheat and its products is akin to adding fuel to fire for people battling with one health challenge or the other.”

The prevalent consumption of wheat across the country has clearly shown that in the absence of knowledge, people can accept poison as therapy. After all, wheat is the first choice food for diabetics on the strength of doctors’ advice. Nationwide, wheat has overshadowed yam flour and other starchy foods that are peculiar to our culinary culture in Nigeria. Unfortunately, this is one dietary change that may prove suicidal for many people given the inseparable linkage of diet to health or ill health. Though wheat, like other grains, is rich in fibre and some other nutrients, it is one food anybody that desires wellness and long life should be kept at arm’s length. Why? There are three inherent dangers in the chemistry of wheat that make it a classic destroyer of health. I call them the downsides of wheat.

Wheat contains gluten – a protein that causes inflammation, a systemic process that has harmful effects across all the organ systems in the body including the brain, heart, joints, eyes and digestive tract. As a matter of fact, inflammation does not only precede all degenerative diseases like diabetes, cancer, stroke, glaucoma, arthritis and Parkinson’s disease, but also fuels their insidious progression. A review paper in the New England Journal of Medicine listed 55 diseases that can be caused by eating gluten-containing foods. The diseases include osteoporosis, anaemia, cancer, canker sores, fatigue, rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. The paper also linked gluten to many psychiatric and neurological diseases including depression, schizophrenia, dementia, nerve damage, epilepsy and autism. The paper concluded that there are 120 or more diseases associated with eating foods that contain gluten. Dr. Joseph A. Murray, MD states that he is surprised how often gluten affects the brain.

Another study by Dr .J. Robert Cade, MD of the University of Florida showed that people with autism and schizophrenia have high level of peptides in their urine. These peptides, according to Dr. Cade, come from casein (protein in milk and other dairy products) and gliadin and gluten in wheat, barley, oats and rye.
- See more at: http://360naija.com/2015/09/16/wheat-flour-is-a-dangerous-substitute-for-garri-amala-and-pounded-yam/#sthash.4vqljfP2.dpuf

Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 16, 2015
Ok, I have hear. Wheat wey I been eating sinz I was 1 yrs old abi ?
Nonsense!
Carry ur campaign go America abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Ben1975(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
lol

Sabrwahaqqo:

Nonsense!

Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by peterian: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
Nawa o..so which swallow is good?
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by passionate88: 12:21am On Sep 17, 2015
wheat sure pass eba nd akpu, but once I a while I dey dive pounded yam or eba or akpu
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Lucasbalo(m): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Nonsense!

I am an American and don't believe in his crap.
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
Lucasbalo:
I am an American and don't believe in his crap.

Lobatan! grin

Even America and her love for random bullshit ain't ok with this lols

Maybe op should feed the news to his goats then since this is seemingly a total 'bad market' cheesy
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Nobody: 2:02am On Sep 18, 2015
Sabrwahaqqo:

Lobatan! grin

Even America and her love for random bullshit ain't ok with this lols

Maybe op should feed the news to his goats then since this is seemingly a total 'bad market' cheesy

I am American and I can believe it. Wheat and oats in the USA are mass produced. I try to stay away from anything that is mass produced because it has generally been genetically modified to produce bigger and quicker crops. Most GMO involves weakening the cell with e-coli bacteria so that the cell can accept the alterations that the company is making. Last I checked, e-coli was found in fecal matter. So I can believe it.
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2015
tomyka81:

I am American and I can believe it. Wheat and oats in the USA are mass produced. I try to stay away from anything that is mass produced because it has generally been genetically modified to produce bigger and quicker crops. Most GMO involves weakening the cell with e-coli bacteria so that the cell can accept the alterations that the company is making. Last I checked, e-coli was found in fecal matter. So I can believe it.

Well, that was why I urged the op to forward this 'campaign against the consumption of wheat' to an American dump site (forum) in the first place until your fellow countryman came along to outrightly condemn the claims af this story tagging it 'crap' . As for me, wheat has been one af my favorite delicacies for a very long time and so far so good , it has been 'nice' to my system smiley
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by pet4ril(f): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2015
patiently waiting to read /hear from the nutritionist
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by pet4ril(f): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Patiently waiting to hear/read from nutritionists in the house
Re: Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam by Ben1975(m): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Think the nutritionist has gone home

pet4ril:
Patiently waiting to hear/read from nutritionists in the house

(1) (Reply)

Extra Fortified Mixed Grain Pap (akamu,ogi) / Are There Any Particular Food You Would Never Like To Eat Even When ur Hungry. / See How To Make Corn Dog, A Very Quick And Easy Snack (pictures & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.