Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter (2702 Views)

Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) / 12-Year-Old Lesbian At Bishop Daniel Obinim's Church For Deliverance (Video, Pic / Couple Suspended In Church For Public Display Of Affection. "It's A Sin" -Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by EngineerME: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2015
Step 1
Ask yourself questions that'll help you identify whether you're in a cult, and answer them honestly.
Here's a sample checklist:
The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
The group is preoccupied with making money.
Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.

Step 2
Take it easy. Don't panic and just rush out. Determine the best way of leaving.

Step 3
Leave

Step 4
Recover. Either by going to a psychiatrist (which will cost you money), or, if you're diligent enough, de-programming yourself online.

Step 5
Start recovering.

Now, I've been a member of a CE branch for 6 years, and f*! Haven't I wasted my time.
I'm not trying to get any of you still there, or in any other Word-Faith Nigerian churches, to step out of it - that will be by your own conviction. I'm here to help those who want to get out.

2 Likes

Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by EngineerME: 8:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
A more definitive list of questions can be found here - http://www.letusreason.org/cults.htm

Please download Chapter 1 of this book - http://www.eden.co.uk/pdfs/0310234085.pdf

This site is really helpful - http://www.culthelp.info

Above all, don't feel helpless that you've given the cult many of your youthful years. Just find a way to handle your situation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by Belexy95: 9:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
@OP, its obvious uve been following church. Its now time to accept Christ! Jesus only is our message!

1 Like

Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by Dekatron(m): 12:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Am an atheist, but I will like to start attending CHRIST EMBASSY. I love pastor chris' dressings and the members dressings.

Forget RCCH hype, most, i repeat MOST RCCG churches are boring and dont dress dope like love world. Infact, from next semester, i'll checkout love world fellowship.
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by johnydon22(m): 7:55am On Sep 17, 2015
Dekatron:
Am an atheist, but I will like to start attending CHRIST EMBASSY. I love pastor chris' dressings and the members dressings.

Forget RCCH hype, most, i repeat MOST RCCG churches are boring and dont dress dope like love world. Infact, from next semester, i'll checkout love world fellowship.
On my visit to my sisters place in Umuahia this year.

The street was church infested but mehhn the girls in Christ embassy were outstanding.

Don't ask of course i started attending the Church and surely made a friend though unfortunately had to head back to Enugu before i got the chance to hit.

We still talk love on whatsapp and she now knows i am an atheist grin surely am going to hit when ever i go to Umuahia hopefully before December cheesy

May amadioha bless Christ embassy grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by Dekatron(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:

The street was church infested but mehhn the girls in Christ embassy were outstanding.

Don't ask of course i started attending the Church and surely made a friend though unfortunately had to head back to Enugu before i got the chance to hit.

We still talk love on whatsapp and she now knows i am an atheist grin surely am going to hit when ever i go to Umuahia hopefully before December cheesy

lol. . . . Mehn

but, don't lie o, dnt u have a gf? Pity the babe nah.

Yea, some girls make sense knowing you are an atheist, they still agree.

But sir, how you take do am?
Hit? I get u!! grin grin
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Sep 17, 2015
Dekatron:

lol. . . . Mehn

but, don't lie o, dnt u have a gf? Pity the babe nah.
I have Gf na but mehhn how could one possibly miss out those number of pretty dames in tight trousers that full Christ embassy... grin

Yea, some girls make sense knowing you are an atheist, they still agree.
My gf is staunch catholic still has no idea i don't buy the jewish myth she believes.

But sir, how you take do am?
Hit? I get u!! grin grin
Simple pretend to be a brother in Christ grin
Be punctual in the activities (even though you don't know the name just go anywa as long as it is done in the church)

I was a calm good brother seeking Christ inside the Christ embassy Church. That worked great to relate with others grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by OgundeleT(m): 5:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:

Buhahaaaaa. U be badest nigga
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:
I have Gf na but mehhn how could one possibly miss out those number of pretty dames in tight trousers that full Christ embassy... grin
My gf is staunch catholic still has no idea i don't buy the jewish myth she believes.

Simple pretend to be a brother in Christ grin
Be punctual in the activities (even though you don't know the name just go anywa as long as it is done in the church)

I was a calm good brother seeking Christ inside the Christ embassy Church. That worked great to relate with others grin grin

It never fails to work, especially when you make it look as if it was the babe that "brought" you to christ.
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by lafefunkee: 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by LordReed(m): 1:02am On Aug 04, 2020
johnydon22:

LMFAO! I didn't know you were a badt guy o!
Re: How To Leave Christ Embassy, Or Any Other Church, For That Matter by donnie(m): 2:16am On Aug 04, 2020
My advice, be prepared, cos they'll try to convince you you've backslid. I mean "who knows God more than Pastor Chris?" grin cool

Then depending on your level of commitment they may include a little threat hear and there. It my even include something like a subtle death threat. But it'll come disguised as godly counsel to turn you away from this cause you are on, so as to avoid so and so. You will wonder hah..."nor be me alone waka come?"

The reaction I got made me thank the Most High for leading me to make the decision. I even wished I had made the decision earlier... cheesy. But all things work together for good.

Then the unnecessary prayers or confessions of faith over you... Mtcheew... Like witchcraft that's destined to fail.

Above all, what matters is your heart. Are you leaving because of bitterness... or some quarrel you had with someone or some sin or indiscretions you might have had? Examine your heart... Is the Most High leading you?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year [best Pictures] / I Think I'm Going To Die By Being Beheaded / Why Are Muslims Ashamed Of How Muhammad Died?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.