Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate (1517 Views)

Appreciate Your Pastors!! / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix

There is a place in the gulf of Alaska where two oceans meet but don’t mix. If you look at the photo below you will notice that indeed two different oceans (as seen by their different colors) are meeting each other but not mixing (hence the foam in the middle of the picture.)

Now a lot of you might find this to be quite shocking and your first conclusion is to call the picture a fake saying that it is Photoshopped. The fact of the matter is that the picture is 100% REAL.

This is just one of the wonders of creation that believers will find awesome and inspiring. Atheists however will overlook the beauty of this phenomenon and choose rather to explain it away via scientific means even though it only occurs in this one particular place in our entire magnificent world.

Horizontal sedimentation is well known e.g oil not mixing with water or salt water lying below freshwater. However vertical sedimentation is virtually non existent except in the gulf of Alaska where this beautiful phenomenon of nature is set in full display. Of course the oceans eventually mix but at an atomic level and this phenomenon doesn't last forever. However it shows the magnificence and power of an awesome creator who infuses beauty in nature in the strangest of places.

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by ATMC(f): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
The same with one river in Amansea, Anambra state.
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by menesheh(m): 12:55pm On Sep 17, 2015
I can now see that some nairalanders in religion section do enjoy atheist's arguments and comebacks thus the reasons for mentioning them in stuffs unconnected with the idea of atheism.

What's atheism gat to do with some amazing phenomena around the world.
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by plaetton: 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

There is a place in the gulf of Alaska where two oceans meet but don’t mix. If you look at the photo below you will notice that indeed two different oceans (as seen by their different colors) are meeting each other but not mixing (hence the foam in the middle of the picture.)

Now a lot of you might find this to be quite shocking and your first conclusion is to call the picture a fake saying that it is Photoshopped. The fact of the matter is that the picture is 100% REAL.

This is just one of the wonders of creation that believers will find awesome and inspiring. Atheists however will overlook the beauty of this phenomenon and choose rather to explain it away via scientific means even though it only occurs in this one particular place in our entire magnificent world.

Horizontal sedimentation is well known e.g oil not mixing with water or salt water lying below freshwater. However vertical sedimentation is virtually non existent except in the gulf of Alaska where this beautiful phenomenon of nature is set in full display. Of course the oceans eventually mix but at an atomic level and this phenomenon doesn't last forever. However it shows the magnificence and power of an awesome creator who infuses beauty in nature in the strangest of places.

Science is your friend, mo.ron.

If you had taken even 1minute to look up the phenomena, you would have prevented yourself from making a fool of yourself in public today.

This is the information age, there are no reasons to remain and wax ignorant.

Stop reading the BOOK OF MORO.N.

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by johnydon22(m): 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

This is just one of the wonders of creation that believers will find awesome and inspiring. Atheists however will overlook the beauty of this phenomenon and [size=20]choose rather to explain it away via scientific means [/size] even though it only occurs in this one particular place in our entire magnificent world.

You see people? 5minsmadness would have us just like him reject scientific explanation of a simple natural phenomenon just to uphold his preposterous superstition.

Can intellectual dishonesty get any lower than this?

"Reject the obvious explanation just say a creator did it" Why do people keep retarding themselves in such an idiotic manner.

And the post couldn't get dumber that according to the post "acknowledging a creator did it is synonymous to appreciating beauty"

As a matter of fact we appreciate the beauty of the world far more better than you but we just lack the daftness it takes to deny SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION in order to uphold superstition.

Isn't it enough to acknowledge that a butterfly wings are beautiful without having to claim fairies painted and designed it?

Pheeeeew

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 1:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hehehehe grin
and the hatred starts pouring in grin grin grin
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
menesheh:
I now see that some nairalander in religion section do enjoy atheist's arguments and comebacks thus the reasons for mentioning them in stuffs unconnected with the idea of atheism.

What's atheism gat to do with some amazing phenomena around the world.

Just look above you and find out. They have started hurling vitriol all over the place. Like I said, Instead of them to appreciate the beauty for what it is, they'd rather start a fight over it. I even hinted that I had read about it by mentioning 'vertical sedimentation' and giving examples of liquid bodies like salt water and freshwater, and oil and water mix, but they didnt see that, they were too busy trying to prove to themselves that another ignorant christian was thinking it was magic that created this phenomenon and went all out to quickly prove thier atheist stand. Bwahahaha grin

They just proved me right, theyd rather fight/prove than admire! grin

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by plaetton: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Just look above you and find out. They have started hurling vitriol all over the place. Like I said, Instead of them to appreciate the beauty for what it is, they'd rather start a fight over it. I even hinted that I had read about it by mentioning 'vertical sedimentation' and giving examples of liquid bodies like salt water and freshwater, and oil and water mix, but they didnt see that, they were too busy trying to prove to themselves that another ignorant christian was thinking it was magic that created this phenomenon and went all out to quickly prove thier atheist stand. Bwahahaha grin

And what proof do you have to show that atheists do not appreciate the beauty of the rare phenomenom?

Like johnydon22 said, we can all appreciate the beauty and diversity of nature without attributing such to the works of a skyfairy.

Atheists and other non religious people tend to appreciate the diversity and beauty of nature much more than the religiotards who, by the way, are eagerly awaiting the arrival of skydaddy and his sky army to come and DESTROY our beautiful earth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by hahn(m): 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

This is so unnecessary bro

You must be bored

1 Like

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by johnydon22(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
hahn:

This is so unnecessary bro

You must be bored
What do you expect when he probably is regretting disgracing himself in public..

Add this one to your list of idiotic assertions alongside "The known Unknown" "They will rather explain it via scientific means"

If this is the type of lunacy it takes to be a theist, denying obvious clear explanations just to cling to already destroyed myths.

Hhmm No thanks, he should enjoy alone wink

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by menesheh(m): 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

My problem is not what atheists are saying above me but why the mention of atheists in a natural phenomenon that obviously have nothing to do with atheists.

You should be talking to scientists that provided explanations for the phenomenon rather using such to attack atheists by positing that they don't enjoy the beauty of nature.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by hahn(m): 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:
What do you expect when he probably is regretting disgracing himself in public..

Add this one to your list of idiotic assertions alongside "The known Unknown" "They will rather explain it via scientific means"

If this is the type of lunacy it takes to be a theist, denying obvious clear explanations just to cling to already destroyed myths.

Hhmm No thanks, he should enjoy alone wink

Added to list grin

He's on his own o
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by johnydon22(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
hahn:

Added to list grin

He's on his own o
Left to people like this humans would still be thinking that:

Hurricanes are as a result of the God neptune being pissed off

because they would rather cling to such ludicrously retarding convictions than employ scientific explanations as a result of careful study of the subject.

This is why i maintain faith is a dishonest position because it deals on stoic conviction which makes it unable to throw out falsehoods when evidence against them comes along which is exactly what the op wants us to do...

forget the scientific explanation and subscribe to his idiotic conviction...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:

because they would rather cling to such ludicrously retarding convictions than employ scientific explanations as a result of careful study of the subject.

This is why i maintain faith is a dishonest position because it deals on stoic conviction which makes it unable to throw out falsehoods when evidence against them comes along which is exactly what the op wants us to do...

Na wa o, this thing pain you no be small grin
Let me explain abeg, maybe it will pull you out of this foaming fit you put yourself in.

Horizontal sedimentation is well known e.g oil not mixing with water or salt water lying below freshwater. However vertical sedimentation is virtually non existent except in the gulf of Alaska where this beautiful phenomenon of nature is set in full display.
This is me acknowledging a scientific background to the above phenomenon. My point was atheists cannot view this work of art with the same awe a Christian would. Everything is mundane to you guys. This picture went viral two years ago and the only thing atheists could do was quickly explain it away 'before anyone ascribes this to a God". While people were admiring the beauty of the pic atheists were busy trying to dispute it. Atheists can't see anything in awe cause they have no higher authority to be in awe of. And that is a sad state of existence to be in!

That was what I set out to do with this post. And none of you could acknowledge the scientific part of the post, you just quickly went on an anti-god tirade cheesy.

Calm down, your science is still valid! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by frank317: 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Na wa o, this thing pain you no be small grin
Let me explain abeg, maybe it will pull you out of this foaming fit you put yourself in.

This is me acknowledging a scientific background to the above phenomenon. My point was atheists cannot view this work of art with the same awe a Christian would. Everything is mundane to you guys. This picture went viral two years ago and the only thing atheists could do was quickly explain it away 'before anyone ascribes this to a God". While people were admiring the beauty of the pic atheists were busy trying to dispute it. Atheists can't see anything in awe cause they have no higher authority to be in awe of. And that is a sad state of existence to be in!

That was what I set out to do with this post. And none of you could acknowledge the scientific part of the post, you just quickly went on an anti-god tirade cheesy.

Calm down, your science is still valid! grin grin grin

Oh!!!!!

You are just dumb. No wonder u are a Christian

1 Like

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
frank317:

Oh!!!!!

You are just dumb. No wonder u are a Christian

And you are just bitter and frustrated. No wonder you are an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by frank317: 7:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

And you are just bitter and frustrated. No wonder you are an atheist.

Of course I am bitter and frustrated, that's why I am an atheist while u are plain dumb that's why u are a Christian. Settled.

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 8:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
frank317:

Of course I am bitter and frustrated, that's why I am an atheist while u are plain dumb that's why u are a Christian. Settled.
Wow! Very mature response, I was actually expecting more. I'm very proud of you man smiley
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cmmon this aint neccesary
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by Redlyn: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

My point was atheists cannot view this work of art with the same awe a Christian would.

Awesome beauty atheists cannot appreciate. It appears you are just looking for a confrontation with this baseless statement.
The universe is just so majestic and awe inspiring to anyone who can contemplate its vastness and complexity. But you have decided to declare your sect to be at the top of the appreciation ladder.
Whatever makes you feel better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by freecocoa(f): 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2015
5minsmadness, this is laughable, I'm almost surprised to read this from you.grin
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by jayriginal: 10:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
johnydon22:

Perhaps you can scale back on the insults. Faith is not a dishonest position.
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by dalaman: 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
The OP is just trolling.
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 11:32pm On Sep 17, 2015
freecocoa:
5minsmadness, this is laughable, I'm almost surprised to read this from you.grin
tongue grin
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by 5minsmadness: 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
Gaze upon the beauty of GOD's creation,
Gaze upon the awesomeness of GOD's Power.
He who controls all of nature to HIs imagination
He who directs the wind and the Sea before him to cower!

Mighty is HIS name who creates such marvels for the eye to see
Mighty is HE who colours beyond colours, who tames the mighty Sea!

All GLORY and HOnour Be unto The LORd MOST HIGH!
Such beauty of the Ocean man cannot deny

An inspiration to all who see it
Except for those who cannot look beyond thier noses
A MArvel for those who gaze upon it
Except for envy filled people who hurl invectives at moses!

the parting of the seas is but nothing for HE who can part water from water
The calming of the storm but nothing to He who seperates liquid brother from brother

Even gravity bows in awe at this awesome event
For MIghty Is GOD who blesses us with this wondrous moment!

grin grin grin
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by finofaya: 12:14am On Sep 18, 2015
I think it's a deep sense of respect and wonder that even inspires science. It's odd to say that finding scientific explanation for a phenomenon precludes one's appreciation of it. For the theist all a scientific explanation does is increase the number of things god can take credit for, so science is actually a plus for god (some of them). This your so called test is ill considered and seems more like an afterthought.
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by freecocoa(f): 12:16am On Sep 18, 2015
5minsmadness:

tongue grin
I see you are in your trolling mode.grin
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by Krystalzkris(f): 7:48am On Sep 18, 2015
i guess u made dis post in ur state of 5minsmadness....
Re: Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate by tsdarkside(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
dont waste your time,with only one phenomenon...their are uncountable phenomenons all around us...uncountable like stars in the sky......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

[#24 Oct] Muharram 2015 Ashura Matam, Jaloos Videos Of Karbala / Ecclesiatical History Of Rev Dr Uche. Ugbaja / Pope Francis Assures Atheists: You Don’t Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.