Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

7 Things We Hated Most About NYSC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Things We Hated Most About NYSC (332 Views)

World Teacher's Day: Name That Teacher You Feared Or Hated Most And Why / 7 Things Nigerian Students Can Do While ASUU Is On Strike / 19 Everyday Things We Never Knew Had A Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things We Hated Most About NYSC by Papilo87(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
National Youth Service was that time most peeps I knew in school looked up to but for myself and a few radical thinking friends we saw it as a massive waste of 1 year. A year that one could have used for an early start on this rat race (you know this race of survival to make it that starts right after graduation?).

So off we went to serve the fatherland and it was just as myself and my friends thought – a complete waste of time.

If you didn’t like the idea of going on youth service it could be for some reasons but here are the things we hated most about the NYSC

1. Too Much Paperwork

2. The Saintly Dress Mode

3. You Must Teach Except You are a Medical Doctor

Imagine asking an Engineer graduate with zero patience to go teach a bunch of students who were taught by their teacher in the local Yoruba language. How the hell does one do that?

4. The Camp Infrastructure and Health Risks

5. The Queues

6. The Food

Hey! The only thing I ever managed to collect during the 3 weeks camp was the occasional tea, bread and egg for breakfast. I went mostly for the egg. So each morning I waited for the rushers to go and then confirm from them on their way back if egg was on the menu.

‘Egg dey today?’

If the answer was no I skipped the ritual for that day. Lunch and Dinner? I never went near the camp food for those two.

Full article >> http://nairabrains.com/2015/08/7-things-we-hated-about-nysc/
Re: 7 Things We Hated Most About NYSC by bolaji3071(m): 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
Well, am yet to do my NYSC...Let me wait for those with experience to contribute.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)2015/2016 A (080 6736 4716) / UNIZIK 2015/2016 Post Utme And Admission Process / Caritas University, Enugu 2015/16 Post Utme Form, Admission Form, Direct Entry F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.