Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? (1035 Views)

Inciteful Statement: Bishop David Oyedepo Must Be Called To Order / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by kstadaura: 9:31am On Sep 18, 2015
How will you know God has called you,

And what doest that means?

pls i need explanation pls.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by banjicom(m): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2015
like when you are sitting down in your house or sleeping and u suddenly hear someone call your name like dis: kstadaura ooooo!
sad
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by espn(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2015
Any one GOD calls is definitely going to die.. o je ipe olohun..
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by kstadaura: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2015
espn:
Any one GOD calls is definitely going to die.. o je ipe olohun..
But those pastors claimed they had been called by god.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Goshen360(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
I hope you are not trying to get called by force and by fire? grin There's no special calling in the new covenant, just that you are given a place of assignment. Every believer is called but gifted in different areas for the body of Christ.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
banjicom:
like when you are sitting down in your house or sleeping and u suddenly hear someone call your name like dis: kstadaura ooooo!
sad

Do you mean God is illusional reality?
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Inviting thief Kumuyi and Adeboye to comment
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by banjicom(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Do you mean God is illusional reality?
Sometimes Yes, sometimes No. God is unpredictable.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
banjicom:

Sometimes Yes, sometimes No.
God is unpredictable.

When can you say Yes and when is No the proper answer?
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by kstadaura: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
banjicom:

Sometimes Yes, sometimes No.
God is unpredictable.
You need rehabilitation.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Zillionglobal(m): 8:03am On Sep 19, 2015
May God have mercy on you, if God can save saul and make him paul, I believe that God will use u like the men of God u just criticised.
ifeness:
Inviting thief Kumuyi and Adeboye to comment
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Zillionglobal(m): 8:14am On Sep 19, 2015
@op I want to ask you because of your last sentence......to be called by God means that you have bben choosing for a special assignment for God, the scripture is full of men and women who were called by God, number one. God calls us into a fellowship / relationship with him, this is the first call of salvation, mathew 11 vs 28. Secondly God can call u into the ministry, we have 5 fold ministry in the bible, God can call you to be an apostle, prophet, pastor, evangelist or teacher. Some are called from the womb like jeremiah 1vs 9, while some others where called later in their life, bow how do you know that God is calling you, first, through the leading of his Holy spirit, he will give you passion for the area he is calling you to work, you can be called into the ministry of praying (intercession) giving( help) government or to be a preacher, God can call you through dreams and revelation, he can call you by using somebody to tell you even when you are not aware but you will know and get confirmation within you. I hope this help.
kstadaura:
How will you know God has called you,

And what doest that means?

pls i need explanation pls.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by kstadaura: 8:26am On Sep 19, 2015
Zillionglobal:
@op I want to ask you because of your last sentence......to be called by God means that you have bben choosing for a special assignment for God, the scripture is full of men and women who were called by God, number one. God calls us into a fellowship / relationship with him, this is the first call of salvation, mathew 11 vs 28. Secondly God can call u into the ministry, we have 5 fold ministry in the bible, God can call you to be an apostle, prophet, pastor, evangelist or teacher. Some are called from the womb like jeremiah 1vs 9, while some others where called later in their life, bow how do you know that God is calling you, first, through the leading of his Holy spirit, he will give you passion for the area he is calling you to work, you can be called into the ministry of praying (intercession) giving( help) government or to be a preacher, God can call you through dreams and revelation, he can call you by using somebody to tell you even when you are not aware but you will know and get confirmation within you. I hope this help.
This is good explanation, i have a question. Is it possible to have true prophet in our present wold?
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Goshen360(m): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2015
Zillionglobal:

God doesn't deal with us in the new covenant like he did in the old. Please get your facts right. He doesn't call into 5 fold ministry but give gifts into 5 fold ministry. He has already called EVERY BELIEVER BUT He gave gifts to me, some Apostles, some prophet etc. When you study scriptures, study with word meaning and context using scriptures to interpret scriptures.
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Goshen360(m): 8:38am On Sep 19, 2015
kstadaura:

This is good explanation, i have a question. Is it possible to have true prophet in our present wold?

Who is a prophet. ...according to the new covenant?
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by kstadaura: 9:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Goshen360:

Who is a prophet. ...according to the new covenant?
Acts 2:17 “And it shall be in the last days, says God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.”

Ephesians 4:11 “And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers.”
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by keandre: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2015
if i hear, nobody is called by any god
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Goshen360(m): 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
kstadaura:

Acts 2:17 “And it shall be in the last days, says God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh. And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.”

Ephesians 4:11 “And truly He gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers.”

You still didn't answer the question, you just quoting scriptures.

Who is a prophet and what does it mean to prophesy ....IN THE NEW TESTAMENT?
Re: What Does It Mean For One To Be Called By God? by Zillionglobal(m): 4:42am On Sep 20, 2015
@op, there are still prophets today, some where born with the gift and from childhood they fortel events or tell you abt things that would happen, God can speak to prophets through dream etc whether young and old, Now belivers whom God has poured his Holy spirit according to joel 2V28, can prophesy (declare Gods word and fortell future events) through the gift of world of knowledge or gift of prophecy.

(1) (Reply)

5 Major Differences Between Sunni And Shia Muslims / Walking In The Realms Of Financial Fortune...the Secret! / Urim: Sporadic Shooting In A Church Is Very Imminent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.