Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. (6191 Views)

Help On Radio Code Of Acura Mdx / Acura CDX Will Be The Baby Of Acura Suvs (CDX) / Noise From The Rear Of Acura Mdx. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
I have this SUV as my main choice and close to getting it. Anyone had experience of this vehicle before, what are the things I should know about owing this car and what other alternative I may want to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Edit
I'm looking at a 2005 MDX. I believe they all cone in the same engine size for that year.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by mayor2013: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
ElRazur:
I have this SUV as my main choice and close to getting it. Anyone had experience of this vehicle before, what are the things I should know about owing this car and what other alternative I may want to look at?

Thanks in advance.

How are we ecpected to know the year, engine capacity of the Acura
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
mayor2013:

How are we ecpected to know the year, engine capacity of the Acura

Post edited. Thanks.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by mayor2013: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
ElRazur:

Post edited. Thanks.

A good ride. Do's and don't = avoid kazeems grin

Do your routine maintenance as at when due and when purchasing take a competent mechanic to run a comprehensive scan on the car before purchase
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Bump. So no owner in here? No one with hands on experience etc. . .
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
I own a 2005 MDX Acura.

Great ride I must say.

No complaints yet.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
alfard:
I own a 2005 MDX Acura.

Great ride I must say.

No complaints yet.

Thanks brother. I know you said no complaint but what are you views on ride comfort, fuel economy - basically how much do you pay to fill the tank? How has it copped with the roads of naija etc. What's your take to servicing the car, do go to Honda or use reputable mechs etc. .
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
ElRazur:

Thanks brother. I know you said no complaint but what are you views on ride comfort, fuel economy - basically how much do you pay to fill the tank? How has it copped with the roads of naija etc. What's your take to servicing the car, do go to Honda or use reputable mechs etc. .

The ride is very comfortable. I am a bit over six feet and have no complaint when it comes to ride comfort.

Compared to vehicles of its size and class, it is quite fuel efficient. At least I am comfortable with the fuel efficiency. To fill the tank costs at least 6k, depending.

The ride is quite rugged but the height could be better though. I have taken it through very rough terrains and it performed quite well.

I got this referral to a Mech whom I am yet to complain about.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 6:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
alfard:

The ride is very comfortable. I am a bit over six feet and have no complaint when it comes to ride comfort.

Compared to vehicles of its size and class, it is quite fuel efficient. At least I am comfortable with the fuel efficiency. To fill the tank costs at least 6k, depending.

The ride is quite rugged but the height could be better though. I have taken it through very rough terrains and it performed quite well.

I got this referral to a Mech whom I am yet to complain about.

Thanks bro, that's reassuring to read. I am of the view that it is a better SUV than the RX 330 but many would probably disagree.

How did you sourced you MDX, Cotonou/US or did you got it in naija? I have seen a few at the Berger car market but getting one from Cotonou is what I am looking at.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by freshvine(f): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
This thread should be pushed to the front page. It's not primarily about the buyer/Op but the knowledge one Could deduce from the response of owners.

1 Like

Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
ElRazur:

Thanks bro, that's reassuring to read. I am of the view that it is a better SUV than the RX 330 but many would probably disagree.

How did you sourced you MDX, Cotonou/US or did you got it in naija? I have seen a few at the Berger car market but getting one from Cotonou is what I am looking at.

I got mine from Canada.

I haven't driven the RX 330, so I wouldn't be in a better position to say which is better. All I know is that my MDX Acura meets my needs in a car and I love it.
Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by domack99(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2015
I know acura MDX durability and reliability have been discussed severally on NL.

first ensure you have a good mechanic, an experience one, an ensure you research all symptoms and check engine light before visiting your mech. Forum like mixers.org and acurazine will help alot.

05 MDX is a 3.5 liter engine but you expect 17 mpg in city and 25 mpg on Highway, if your engine are on good condition.

MDX is a luxury suv and very very rugged too, especially If you get the Touring model with RES. Sincerely the parts are not that expensive than Toyota, Am talking from experience. The car don dey turn pure water now..

My only prayer is you don't inherit the one one with transmission problem. The good news is that the transmission and engine are not that expensive.

yes first and second generation MDX are peculiar with transmission related problem and most from experience are minor issue if you do your research or meet the right mech.

The only suv that beat acura are the range rover check any year review and compare it with different models of different maker, acura always stand out.

I don't know much about Lexus but I learnt that they are equally good but their transmission and part are expensive compare to MDX.

2 Likes

Re: View, Advise And Experience Of Acura MDX Please. by ElRazur: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
domack99:
I know acura MDX

Thanks for the detailed post.

Still on the hunt for one o.

(1) (Reply)

Public Notice - Nigerian Custom Service E-auction Advert / Which Automatic Transmission Fluid For My 1999 V6 Camry? / Why Car Headrest Is Detachable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.