Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) (48155 Views)

Tobi Philips Dating Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi? / Davood Roostaei Draws Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi's Portrait In USA (Pics) / Unoaku Anyadike Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
MARQUIZ:
Shey, They wont consult Ifa ni?

Ifa is a 419 "Group of elderly people making decisions incognito"
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Aminat508(f): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2015
temitemi1:
I dey ilorin cool... What's d Kings n Queens billboard all over ilorin is all abt
I dey Osogbo for sallah nah,temmy sad

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by tunjidj3: 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
every body want to become ooni but outside ile ife they are always ashame in the public to say they are from ile ife, how many egbe omo ile ife that is in lagos for example.SHAME SHAME SHAME
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by JackDaniels1: 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
@Michealadex pls point of correctn,a rogue or 419er can never rule our land.we need a man with clean hands.Adeyeye has cases to answer in the court of law bothering on 419 with banks.That alone disqualify your BOSS.Evil that men do lives after them so forget ur boss and join d achiever who the gods has ordained.

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by JackDaniels1: 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
Can u smell the royalty here?
OMO OBA SIKIRU ADETONA AYEDUN
Oonirisa 2015 -. ....................

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by macof(m): 12:25am On Sep 20, 2015
9jacrip:

You called us out with this one bruh grin

It is rather a controversy between Giesi and others.

Obalufe himself is not poor so I doubt he will make that statement.

Poor people are everywhere and Ife folks the part of the population classed poor are very self-sufficient in that most of them own massive farm lands upon which they get their food items from and also sell for funds. Except of course you mean poor in that they cannot afford extravagant life style of cars, high end phones, mansions which I do not see kings of any towns providing.

And talking about poor, you'd be surprised to see the list of many wealthy Ife folks. You may start with visiting Parakin one of these days to see structures owned by indigenes.
That's exactly what am saying Ife people are not poor so what's this "feeding people at the palace" that Obalufe was talking about. ..giving the impression that the next Ooni must be rich...putting financial prowess as the ultimate criteria
http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/the-next-ooni-must-be-able-to-maintain-ife-financially-obalufe/

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 1:37am On Sep 20, 2015
Following the formal announcement by the kingmakers in Ile-Ife requesting nomination of candidates from the Giesi Ruling House for the selection of the new Ooni of Ife, an Osogbo high court yesterday granted the Lafogido Ruling House of Ile-Ife an injunction restraining the Ife king makers and Osun state governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesolsa from allowing the Giesi ruling house from presenting candidates for the vacant stool.

The injunction, which was granted yesterday evening by Justice A. A. Aderibigbe is sequel to a suit filed by the Lafogido ruling house seeking the restraining order against the Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola; the Obalufe of Ife, Oba Solomon Omisakin and the Lowa of Ile-Ife, Chief Joseph Ijaduola, pending the determination of the matter before the court.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-ooni-court-stops-giesi-from-presenting-candidates/

This is getting interesting.
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 20, 2015
9jacrip:

You called us out with this one bruh grin

It is rather a controversy between Giesi and others.

Obalufe himself is not poor so I doubt he will make that statement.

Poor people are everywhere and Ife folks the part of the population classed poor are very self-sufficient in that most of them own massive farm lands upon which they get their food items from and also sell for funds. Except of course you mean poor in that they cannot afford extravagant life style of cars, high end phones, mansions which I do not see kings of any towns providing.

And talking about poor, you'd be surprised to see the list of many wealthy Ife folks. You may start with visiting Parakin one of these days to see structures owned by indigenes.
True. I heard about new structures being built in and around Ife. I was also told of a particular residential area within Ife, with a plot of land going for 5 - 10 million naira within that area. Not sure if that is true or not though. I can't remember the name at the moment, I believe it might be oduduwa estate or something similar. I hope to visit Ife soon. Last time I was at Ife was in 2008.
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by tpiander: 2:00am On Sep 20, 2015
^ fall back, thank you.

stop posting irrelevant rumour mongering and inconsequential gossips.

Allow the kingmakers to do their job.
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 20, 2015
macof:

Sadly, I don't think the chiefs of Ife will consult Ifa. . a case like this with the controversy and tension between Ogboru and Lafogido needs Ifa
But Obalufe has said he and the other chiefs are after the person that will feed them in the palace...as if Ife people are so poor. .. rather than the person that has sound knowledge of the Yoruba culture, traditons and history and is willing to celebrate the yoruba identity
This is what I am also clamouring for. I don't even think these guys being paraded by the press fully understand what the position of the Ooni is all about. I read about one individual donating transformers and digging boreholes all over Ife, like its some sort of political position grin

The Ooni of Ife is not just for Ife alone. He is going to be the Ooni of the Yoruba race, since all Yoruba came from Ife. So, whoever emerges as the Ooni will occupy a very important position. Ooni as an embodiment of Yoruba culture and tradition.

I pray the royal houses sort out their differences, since they are all brothers, and let peace reign.

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 20, 2015
[s]
tpiander:
^ fall back, thank you.

stop posting irrelevant rumour mongering and inconsequential gossips.

Allow the kingmakers to do their job.
[/s]
I wasn't talking to you biatch!
You are not from Ife are you

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by tpiander: 2:05am On Sep 20, 2015
saxywale:
[s][/s]
I wasn't talking to you biatch!
You are not from Ife are you

undecided
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 2:08am On Sep 20, 2015
tpiander:

undecided
Yes, stay on your lane. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by tpiander: 2:09am On Sep 20, 2015
undecided
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 20, 2015
The 8 minutes video below is a Tunde Kelani Production of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, at the 1996 Olojo Festival in Ile -Ife. All ife lovers should watch the educative Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTFuVdamDiU&index=2&list=PL3TieF8snJS1T5mhV0sRwgM7X8wgkhetm

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by 83lagosroad(m): 4:18am On Sep 20, 2015
omusiliyu:
Let Tinubu decides who will be the new Ooni to avoid the melee we're watching in Senate building.

That one you got wrong
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2015
saxywale:

True. I heard about new structures being built in and around Ife. I was also told of a particular residential area within Ife, with a plot of land going for 5 - 10 million naira within that area. Not sure if that is true or not though. I can't remember the name at the moment, I believe it might be oduduwa estate or something similar. I hope to visit Ife soon. Last time I was at Ife was in 2008.

I have not heard much of the Oduduwa estate but I believe you're referring to Parakin or Aba Iya Gani axis along Opa-General.

The plots there mostly start from 5M. Most of the houses are owned by indigenes because everyone seems to know everyone by family conpounds and it seems like competition among everyone to want to erect the 'baddest' structure.

Sir, 7 years ago is too long to be away from home if you're in Nigeria. Try to visit soon.
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by temitemi1(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2015
Se kin wa rie ni Osogbo ni
Aminat508:
I dey Osogbo for sallah nah,temmy sad
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2015
macof:

That's exactly what am saying Ife people are not poor so what's this "feeding people at the palace" that Obalufe was talking about. ..giving the impression that the next Ooni must be rich...putting financial prowess as the ultimate criteria
http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/the-next-ooni-must-be-able-to-maintain-ife-financially-obalufe/

Interesting read, thank you for sharing.

However, I've never heard of Ooni feeding 1,000 folks considering everytime I am in Ife both weekends and sometimes weekdays, the palace grounds never appear to be busy with cooking or feeding, sounds to me like a rumour.

The feeding in the interview appears figurative than neutral. Providing jobs, providing capital or employing prople could mean 'feeding' in the context it was used.

On the flip side:

The aspirants have indeed spent a great deal of money buying different types of cars (news flying around in Ife). There appears to be s younger aspirant (the youngest of all) handing out vehicles by brand as requested or desired by the Chiefs grin. There are about 25 aspirants all struggling just to be considered to contest.
Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by Aminat508(f): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2015
temitemi1:
Se kin wa rie ni Osogbo ni
maabo nah angry

1 Like

Re: The Prince Adeyeye May Be The Next Ooni Of Ife (Photo) by NovusHomo(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=BUTCHCASSIDY post=38172262][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Help With The Edo Language / The Arab Origin Of The Yorubas / Ooni: How my daughter almost lost her life to SARS operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.