Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar (2978 Views)

Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / Lady Flaunts Money She Withdrew From ATM, Says "I'm A Money Spender" (Pics) / Whats D Maximum I Can Transfer From My Gtb Savings A/c Via Online Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
By exactly 3:19pm today, i got a mail from GTbank notifying that Godaddy had withdrawn 15.17dollars from my card.

i was surprised.

Then i opened my Godaddy account dashboard and noticed the money was deducted to renew a domain i never i asked them to.

infact, my other other domain that would expire in 4days was marked "recurring", meaning they would deduct another $15.17 in 4days time for it. so i quickly undid the auto renewal.

Now, since i didnt authorize this payout, can i reverse it so that the money will be returned to my card?

has this happened to anyone before ? and was the money returned?

i have already sent a mail to gtbank intimating them of this issue. i would follow it up with calls to their MTN number tonight.

My main bane now is getting across to Godaddy. they dont seem to have a live chat or even a customer service email coz i cant see any on their site.

Useful contributions please
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by McCarlito(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
If I hear say them return the money
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:
By exactly 3:19pm today, i got a mail from GTbank notifying that Godaddy had withdrawn 15.17dollars from my card.

i was surprised.

Then i opened my Godaddy account dashboard and noticed the money was deducted to renew a domain i never i asked them to.

infact, my other other domain that would expire in 4days was marked "recurring", meaning they would deduct another $15.17 in 4days time for it. so i quickly undid the auto renewal.

Now, since i didnt authorize this payout, can i reverse it so that the money will be returned to my card?

i have already sent a mail to gtbank intimating them of this issue. i would follow it up with calls to their MTN number tonight.

My main bane now is getting across to Godaddy. they dont seem to have a live chat or even a customer service email coz i cant see any on their site.

I have had similar experience but, it's unfortunate GT-Bank will not be able to return the reason because the money was successfully credited to Godaddy. GT-Bank would have been able to refund the money if the money was deducted from your account and was not successfully credited to Godaddy. Two things you need to do now are:
1: Inform Godaddy to return your money
2: Inform GT-Bank to block your card for transaction on Godaddy otherwise, in the four days time, your money will still be deducted.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2015
fados4sure:

I have had similar experience but, it's unfortunate GT-Bank will not be able to return the reason because the money was successfully credited to Godaddy. GT-Bank would have been able to refund the money if the money was deducted from your account and was not successfully credited to Godaddy. Two things you need to do now are:
1: Inform Godaddy to return your money
2: Inform GT-Bank to block your card for transaction on Godaddy otherwise, in the four days time, your money will still be deducted.

bros, are u conversant with the web interface of godaddy?? please where exactly should i go to to send them a mail or live chat them
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

bros, are u conversant with the web interface of godaddy?? please where exactly should i go to to send them a mail or live chat them
The best and fastest way is to call their online support on (480) 505-8877 as it's available 24/7days in a week.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Chizin(m): 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2015
I have experienced that not knowing that some of my domain are on auto renewal.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by adehsenior(m): 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2015
It can never be reversed because its a payment for product, your domain name has been paid for meaning godaddy has been credited.
The only option to accept what has happened in good faith
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 5:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
fados4sure:

The best and fastest way is to call their online support on (480) 505-8877 as it's available 24/7days in a week.

its a foreign number. u have any idea how much it may cost? i really appreciate ur help thus far. Thanks
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
Chizin:
I have experienced that not knowing that some of my domain are on auto renewal.

bros, what did u later do? was the money eventually returned?
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
adehsenior:
It can never be reversed because its a payment for product, your domain name has been paid for meaning godaddy has been credited.
The only option to accept what has happened in good faith

am still gona try bro
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

its a foreign number. u have any idea how much it may cost? i really appreciate ur help thus far. Thanks
Voip calls are cheaper for international call
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by adehsenior(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

am still gona try bro
Wish u best of luck brother, just let me know when u get a reversal
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Chizin(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

bros, what did u later do? was the money eventually returned?
No...
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
Gtb bank can perform a transaction debit reversal on the debit card, also u can call godaddy and lay ur complaint, they will give u a ticket, follow tinz up and inform dem dat u cancelled de transaction and request for a refund.
Last month, hostgator withdrew 14.65 usd frm my account, although I authorized the transaction, but after some days I had no use for the site and the hosting, I called them explained and they agreed to refund my money under their 40 days refund policy, they sent me the money last week although it took time, I still gat my money back. Complain first to their customer care billing department and inform them that if they don't take necessary action, you would have to go to ur bank and perform a transaction reversal, which after investigation, your atm provider would even charge them for it.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
espionagesavvy:
Gtb bank can perform a transaction debit reversal on the debit card, also u can call godaddy and lay ur complaint, they will give u a ticket, follow tinz up and inform dem dat u cancelled de transaction and request for a refund.
Last month, hostgator withdrew 14.65 usd frm my account, although I authorized the transaction, but after some days I had no use for the site and the hosting, I called them explained and they agreed to refund my money under their 40 days refund policy, they sent me the money last week although it took time, I still gat my money back. Complain first to their customer care billing department and inform them that if they don't take necessary action, you would have to go to ur bank and perform a transaction reversal, which after investigation, your atm provider would even charge them for it.

bros, u just spurred my hope. God bless you. i will follow it up squarely. thank i very much
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
Guys, please am trying to call Godaddy's U.S. number
4805058877 buy it keeps saying number incorrect. what code do i need to add to make it go through?
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

bros, u just spurred my hope. God bless you. i will follow it up squarely. thank i very much
You can ask for a refund, provided its not up to 5 days..as stated in godaddy's policy https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849

Note: be very careful when You're asked to cancel the domain, there is a difference btwn CANCEL and DELETE. Do NOT delete.

odimbannamdi:
Guys, please am trying to call Godaddy's U.S. number
4805058877 buy it keeps saying number incorrect. what code do i need to add to make it go through?
add+1 to the number.
Good luck.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by james809: 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:

i was surprised.

hello op,i can understand your frustration. Have used godaddy for years so am pretty familiar with there policies. you were billed because you left the auto renew on. its turned on automatically after every purchase. Godaddy have live chat and you can also give them a call and am sure they will be able to help you. take note of the time zone before using the live chat, but i will advise you call by 7.30. As the queue is usually less(they should pick within 2minutes.) Yes its possible for you to get a refund however they won't return it to your account. it will be in your in-store credit (you can use that to purchase anything from them. i usually get refunds within 72hrs . if you decide to make a call, have your customer id and 4 digit pin or last 4 digit of your debit card ready. let me know if you encounter any other issue.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
2pointsonly:
You can ask for a refund, provided its not up to 5 days..as stated in godaddy's policy https://uk.godaddy.com/help/refund-policy-8849

Note: be very careful when You're asked to cancel the domain, there is a difference btwn CANCEL and DELETE. Do NOT delete.

add+1 to the number.
Good luck.

thank you very much for dropping that link. i will also be careful not to delete instead of cancel
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
james809:
hello op,i can understand your frustration. Have used godaddy for years so am pretty familiar with there policies. you were billed because you left the auto renew on. its turned on automatically after every purchase. Godaddy have live chat and you can also give them a call and am sure they will be able to help you. take note of the time zone before using the live chat, but i will advise you call by 7.30. As the queue is usually less(they should pick within 2minutes.) Yes its possible for you to get a refund however they won't return it to your account. it will be in your in-store credit (you can use that to purchase anything from them. i usually get refunds within 72hrs . if you decide to make a call, have your customer id and 4 digit pin or last 4 digit of your debit card ready. let me know if you encounter any other issue.

Thank you for the advice based on experience. i just read their refund policy page and they said you can choose to revert the money to your in-store or credit card.
can i have your contact just in case?
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2015
You guys have been extremely helpful. i will call both godaddy and gtbank tonight and give y'all the full gist tomorrow.

thanks
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by james809: 11:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
odimbannamdi:
You guys have been extremely helpful. i will call both godaddy and gtbank tonight and give y'all the full gist tomorrow.

thanks
i will advise you contact godaddy first before gtbank. Gtbank would only be able to help if the transaction was unauthorised. However this was authorised as it happened due to the auto-renew feature turned on. If it's a case of unauthorized debit ,what they will advise you to do is to file a chargeback which takes minimum of 90days. Godaddy have excellent support team and i can assure you that they will try all means to assist you. my contact is in my signature.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 1:09am On Sep 20, 2015
bros, Do u mean 7:30am or pm??
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2015
The domain has been renewed and paid.

There is no refund. Just accept it

Godaddy won't return funds to your bank card.

Thank you
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hello guys.

Last night, around 1am, i called Godaddy's US number. I asked to input my customer ID and 4 digit security Pin all followed by the # key.

then the call finally went through and one Chris picked up. i went straight to the point, demanding for a refund. he looked through my account and saw the domain that was renewed.

He then instructed me to go to the payment section of my account and cancel the domain. After i did that, he confirmed it and filed a refund request on my behalf. He then assured me that the refund would be processed and the money sent to my bank; and it would take around 3-5 business days for the money to be refunded back to my card.

However, am still gonna follow it up with calls in a few days time. surprisingly, calling them was cheap. MTN charged me less than 120naira for almost 8minutes.

There is hope guys! thanks once again.

i promise to keep you guys updated on this matter
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
odimbannamdi:
Hello guys.

Last night, around 1am, i called Godaddy's US number. I asked to input my customer ID and 4 digit security Pin all followed by the # key.

then the call finally went through and one Chris picked up. i went straight to the point, demanding for a refund. he looked through my account and saw the domain that was renewed.

He then instructed me to go to the payment section of my account and cancel the domain. After i did that, he confirmed it and filed a refund request on my behalf. He then assured me that the refund would be processed and the money sent to my bank; and it would take around 3-5 business days for the money to be refunded back to my card.

However, am still gonna follow it up with calls in a few days time. surprisingly, calling them was cheap. MTN charged me less than 120naira for almost 8minutes.

There is hope guys! thanks once again.

i promise to keep you guys updated on this matter
Good, no need calling them again,save Your airtime, You can be rest assured Your money will be refunded in less than 5 WORKING days.
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
coolsix:
The domain has been renewed and paid.
There is no refund. Just accept it
Godaddy won't return funds to your bank card.
Thank you
refunded tongue
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by james809: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
odimbannamdi:
bros, Do u mean 7:30am or pm??
am please
Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 9:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
Finally!

Godaddy has returned my money. i just got the alert now.

who said there is no God! Guys, thank you very much for your assistance and contributions, i really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Help! Godaddy Just Withdrew $15.17 From My Gtb Mastercar by odimbannamdi(m): 9:16am On Sep 23, 2015
I just felt this is worthy of notd.

3,337naira was withdrawn from my account. considering that the dollar equivalent was 15.17, it translated that i was charged approximately 220 dollar.

but 3,018 was returned to my account. translating to approximately 199 per dollar.

a difference of 319naira in a matter of 3days. this is robbery.

i would prefer to buy e-currencies from individuals and sell back to them, enabling them make the 319naira, than for these bank guys to chop my money.

well, i thank God anyway. at least the money was returned. at all at all na im bad pass

(1) (Reply)

Hair Cream That Does Wonders..... / Meet Mansa Musa I Of Mali – The Richest Human Being In All History / Welcome To The New Ariaria Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.