Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? (782 Views)

Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8 / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Delta Pastor Heals Lady Whose Period Stopped At Age Of 18, Sister Runs Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
Will babies and young children be taken in the Rapture? Will those under the age of accountability be taken in the rapture?
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ sǝɯıʇǝɯos ..
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2015
sweetboiy:

ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
sǝɯıʇǝɯos ..

What about looking at life with the eyes of eternity? undecided
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2015
Will those under the age of accountability be taken in the rapture?
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Will babies and young children be taken in the Rapture? Will those under the age of accountability be taken in the rapture?

Suggested answer:

The Bible does not specifically say what will happen to babies, infants, and children when the rapture occurs. This causes many Christians to worry that they will be taken in the rapture, and their young children will be left behind to face the terrible tribulation. Is this possible? No, we do not believe it is. As we explain our viewpoint, please understand that this is, at best, informed speculation. Again, the Bible does not specifically address this issue.

As a background, please read our article on the "age of accountability." It is our view that children who are under the age of accountability will be taken in the rapture. If a child has not reached the point that he/she can make a decision for or against Christ, we would hold that if he/she dies, he/she will be granted entrance into heaven. We also hold that this principle, based entirely on God's mercy, applies to the rapture. Some propose that only the children of believers will be raptured. We disagree. If a child's salvation while under the age of accountability is not based on the faith-status of his/her parents, neither is the child's participation in the deliverance of the rapture. It is our belief, albeit not explicitly taught in Scripture, that all those under the age of accountability will be taken in the rapture.

http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-children.html
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

undecided
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by hadow(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

undecided
what is the age of accountability
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
hadow:

what is the age of accountability

Good question. cool
Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2017

I remember when I was a kid: my Sunday school teacher favorite and regular message/talk is how we will be punished in hell if we do something wrong then I wonder to myself what could I ever do to my earthly dad (or even to the insane government of Nigeria) to make him wanna burn me 'forever' and my answer is always nothing.

after food, what I did most as a child is annoy my dad even after countless warnings, yet the highest he ever did was to spank me, he never thought of inflicting injury on me, he never consider murdering my elder brother (his first son) as atonement for my misdeeds infact up till now he never feels I own him an apology yet he always provide for my needs without requesting for anything in return, he loves me and he never hide it

even as adult, there's absolutely no offense that would warrant an everlasting punishment, absolutely none.

even our earthly and corrupt judges won't send poeple to everlasting punishment (everlasting is different from life-time) and will only punish people in relative to thier offense

only a delusional, power-seeking, control-freak, worship-obsessed, infinitely-evil, unjustly-unjust, fear-rather-than-respect or safely put a non-existence God can punish people in such manner

Re: Will Those Under The Age Of Accountability Be Taken In The Rapture? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
oluwaseyi000:

I remember when I was a kid: my Sunday school teacher favorite and regular message/talk is how we will be punished in hell if we do something wrong then I wonder to myself what could I ever do to my earthly dad (or even to the insane government of Nigeria) to make him wanna burn me 'forever' and my answer is always nothing.

after food, what I did most as a child is annoy my dad even after countless warnings, yet the highest he ever did was to spank me, he never thought of inflicting injury on me, he never consider murdering my elder brother (his first son) as atonement for my misdeeds infact up till now he never feels I own him an apology yet he always provide for my needs without requesting for anything in return, he loves me and he never hide it

even as adult, there's absolutely no offense that would warrant an everlasting punishment, absolutely none.

even our earthly and corrupt judges won't send poeple to everlasting punishment (everlasting is different from life-time) and will only punish people in relative to thier offense

only a delusional, power-seeking, control-freak, worship-obsessed, infinitely-evil, unjustly-unjust, fear-rather-than-respect or safely put a non-existence God can punish people in such manner

No. God does not send His children to hell. Are you His child? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Online Counselling & Prayers For You / Are You A Believer Or Atheist : Take This Simple Quiz To Be Sure / The Truth About December 25th (christmas Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.