Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? (2238 Views)

Why Is The Catholic Church Bible Different From Others? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by ashmanpolo: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
I had a heated argument about this topic with some friends, including an Architect, a Lawyer and his Fiancée. And we almost exchanged blows last night, like seriously. They vs Me.

They were of the opinion that some percentage of the money goes to the Vatican and it's expedient and mandatory that the Pope gets his own percentage.

I was of the opinion that the money is normally used for church maintenance, helping the poor, bills, Missionary School activities, helping Monastries etc and the Pope/Vatican has no share from our parish money.
Now I should imagine that my monthly 10% plus Offerings and contributions get shared and even fractionates to the Pope. Then I won't buy the idea.

Contributions Catholics

OAM4J

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by menesheh(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2015
The simple fact is that if you are still a Catholic and still pouring your money to its pocket, you are a complicit in some criminal conspiracy.

Their priests commit different sort of sex abuse in the name of unhitched holy fellows.
We always demand that government should give account of our tax money and other revenues generated, and that it should be made public. But in the case of catholic, you dare not.

Catholic is an illegal organization using it's huge power it have been wielding for millennia to avert the normal punishments it meant to accrue in our present secular societal setup.

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by lacum: 8:03am On Sep 20, 2015
pls dont mind d person above me.

in the catholic church offertories are collected for diff purposes n are used for d purpose for which it was collected. the normall offertory of mass on sundays goes to d bishop n priest while daily mass offering is for d priest.i dont kniw but i think d diocese contributes to d vatican treasury.

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by ashmanpolo: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2015
menesheh:
The simple fact is that if you are still a Catholic and still pouring your money to its pocket, you are a complicit in some criminal conspiracy.

Their priests commit different sort of sex abuse in the name of unhitched holy fellows.
We always demand that government should give account of our tax money and other revenues generated, and that it should be made public. But in the case of catholic, you dare not.

Catholic is an illegal organization using it's huge power it have been wielding for millennia to avert the normal punishments it meant to accrue in our present secular societal setup.

You said?
Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by ashmanpolo: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2015
lacum:

in the catholic church offertories are collected for diff purposes n are used for d purpose for which it was collected. the normall offertory of mass on sundays goes to d bishop n priest while daily mass offering is for d priest.i dont kniw but i think d diocese contributes to d vatican treasury.

We need some facts

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by keandre: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2015
lacum:

for their personal upkeeping? ...altar boys nko them no get share

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by ashmanpolo: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by eepa: 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
First and foremost is not every issues you should post on a public domain.I believe when one gives in the church.no one forces you to. And What and where the money goes should not be an issue to exchange blows over.It show that you catholic know very little about the church.I will enlighten you.if you do not know ask from does who know.

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by kevoh(m): 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
ashmanpolo:

They were of the opinion that some percentage of the money goes to the Vatican and it's expedient and mandatory that the Pope gets his own percentage.

When people make such bold statements, you should request for verifiable proof to their claims not degenerating matters into blows. tongue

The Vatican may have received money from time to time. Do I have proof? No Was it for charitable purposes? Maybe. In my experience with the Catholic church before we parted ways, all offerings made were mostly for certain charitable goals, church building projects, sponsoring of a Seminarian e.t.c which are always announced/known.

In natural disaster cases, like the Haiti earthquake,the Vatican could decide that all offerings made on a particular Sunday globally be diverted to support victims.

A simple google search with your smartphone would have saved both parties the energy from arguing and shouting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Vatican_City to have an idea of how Vatican City survives.

1 Like

Re: Where Does All The CATHOLIC Money Go? by Aizenosa(m): 10:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
ashmanpolo:
I had a heated argument about this topic with some friends, including an Architect, a Lawyer and his Fiancée. And we almost exchanged blows last night, like seriously. They vs Me.

I was of the opinion that the money is normally used for church maintenance, helping the poor, bills, Missionary School activities, helping Monastries etc and the Pope/Vatican has no share from our parish money.
Now I should imagine that my monthly 10% plus Offerings and contributions get shared and even fractionates to the Pope. Then I won't buy the idea.

Contributions Catholics

OAM4J

In a parish several collections are made if u truly take note dey don't go into the same offering box Eucharistic collection goes to the bishop and then the vatican for pastorial work, all other collections for different mentioned purposes go to the respective purpose, the thanksgiving offerings is solely for the church it is used by the priest for the church's development and sometimes when the church needs to contribute to something for d diocese and funds raised were not enough it's taken from such funds, also, priest are paid salaries and these come from the money remitted to bishop, also it's up to the priest he could take money and assist the under privileged of the parish and these come from the the thanksgiving offerings.

Hope you get the breakdown, never the less I will not also fail to say that sometimes corruption happens in the hierarchy system.

(1) (Reply)

Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight / Noah's Descendant / Almajiri -- Breeding Of Future Terrorists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.