Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight (2240 Views)

The Bible Fortold 'yahoo-yahoo'. Why Do We Fight It??? / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Ancestral Religion Versus Imported Religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight by domwas2(m): 1:41pm On Feb 21, 2007
Respecting Others' Religions

I believe that is important to respect others religions as long as they don't interfere, obstruct, or damage ones own believes and right for freedom of religion. I respect wisdom and knowledge and like to learn what philosophies, and ideas different religions have to say, and while I observe these religions I also respect their ideas even though I may not agree with them. Because with religion there is no real way to know what is right and what is wrong. The person who decides what is right or wrong is the perciever of the religion and the one who sees what is good, or bad or what they like that fits them. I think every individual should have the right to believe in their own religions just as long as they don't interfere with the law also. For instance if your religion is abusive to others that are non-believers then I think that the religion should be bound to following the law or relocated to where it is legal to practice.

One can respect religions by not being offensive, argumentative, and being open to other possibilities and believes. Another way is to show interest and inquiring. Most religious followers are more than glad to share their religions with someone who is asking about them.

To fully respect another person's religion you must be understanding. You must understand that they belive what they belive for a reason. A reason that is comfortable with them and them only. You must give them the right to practice whatever they want.

Also by still respecting the person for who they are outside of there religion. Not judging them, as a whole, simply because of there religion. But for the person they are also outside of there religion. You must know that they are not wrong in thinking what they think. But maybe that you just don't understand or agree with what they belive.

You can gueniuly respect another's religion by keeping this in mind. There is the possibility they know something you don't. There religion could be totally correct. This I feel is the way to totally respect another religion. I also feel there are times for serton when this is impossible. When there morals are very, very different from yours. The only way to respect them is to just let them do there own thing and not to bother them.

Re: Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight by domwas2(m): 11:57am On Feb 23, 2007
Or guys lets have ur say on this
Re: Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight by jagunlabi(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2007
Respect other people's religions?IMPOSSIBLE!
Judging and condemning other religions apart from one's own,is the ultimate key to the visa to the republic of heaven.
Re: Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight by mazaje(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2007
i hate religion its one of our greatest problems in africa and its gradually becoming a global problem, i read about a chiness fortune teller that said it(religion) will lead to the next world war which personaly i believe to be true. i hate religion its all an illusion.
Re: Respect Others' Religions Or Must We Fight by mukina2: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2007
tell that to davidylan and co

(1) (Reply)

Testimonies Of 10 Christian Women Who Embraced Islam / Job Chapter 1 Vs 6 / Bank Verification Number (BVN) And Bible Prophesy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.