Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,117 members, 7,845,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death (2473 Views)

5 Nigerian Celebrities Who Have Had Their Homes Robbed (PHOTOS) / 7 Celebrities Who Have Suffered Domestic Violence / Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:38am On Sep 20, 2015
1. Mark Twain
Twain predicted the exact date of his own death.
According to the book “Mark Twain: A
Biography,” which you can read for free over
here, in 1909 he was quoted as saying:
“I came in with Halley’s Comet in 1835. It is
coming again next year, and I expect to go out
with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of
my life if I don’t go out with Halley’s Comet. The
Almighty has said, no doubt: ‘Now here are these
two unaccountable freaks; they came in
together, they must go out together.'”
Twain’s prophetic assumption was realized, and
he died from a heart attack on April 21, 1910,
reportedly just 24 hours after the comet came as
close to Earth as it ever had before.

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2015
2. Jackie Wilson One of the best rhythm and blue singers ever, Jackie Wilson’s death reads kind of like a really awkward joke. Which is what the audience he was performing for thought they were witnessing. Known for his stunning dancing and on stage antics, when Wilson started to struggle to stand during a performance of one of his hits “Lonely Teardrops” while singing the line “my heart is crying” he was actually dying of a heart attack. On live TV. He was successfully revived on stage from a bystander after a few minutes (when they realized he wasn’t joking) but later died in hospital. You can read it in the book “Icons of R & B and Soul” here in detail, and an entire live TV audience did see it too.
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2015
3. John Gregory Dunne John Gregory Dunne collaborated with his wife Joan Didion, writing as journalists, screenwriters, and novelists for 40 years. After Dunne’s unexpected — and prophesied — death in 2003, in which he urgently expressed two weeks before his death that he was going to go soon, he died while eating dinner at his home in New York two weeks later, as predicted. Dunne was so convinced he would die that he and Joan went to Paris to visit, as Dunne wanted to see Paris again before he died. Joan Didion wrote in her memoir “A Year Of Magical Thinking” (for which she won a Pulitzer Prize) of the experience of her daughter and husband dying within 18 months of each other that John had seemed annoyed he’d spent a long time writing about something he didn’t truly care about because he felt he was about to die. “He said that his current piece in The New York Review, a review of Gavin Lambert’s biography of Natalie Wood, was worthless…‘Why did I waste time on a piece about Natalie Wood,’ he said.” Didion wrote that he “had a feeling” in those two weeks that the end was coming. As Dunne had a heart attack during dinner, Didion called an ambulance and he died within the hour. You can read more about it here, or for the entire story told firsthand, read “A Year Of Magical Thinking.”

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2015
4. Mikey Welsh Mikey Welsh was a prolific American artist and musician. He found fame early as the bass player of Weezer, and enjoyed a productive painting career. In an uncanny turn of events, Welsh Tweeted about a premonition in a dream that he died of a heart attack in his sleep in Chicago. Two weekends later, he died in his sleep in a hotel room in Chicago from a drug overdose. It was a tragic and untimely death coupled with Welsh’s bizarre Twitter assertion.

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2015
5. Arnold Schoenberg Austrian composer and artist Arnold Schoenberg had a bad case of triskaidekaphobia, the fear of the number 13. And it apparently killed him. According to his friend Katia Mann, which is recorded in his book, he was so scared of dying in a year that was a multiple of 13. For example he was petrified of his birthday in 1939 (he was turning 65). In 1950, Schoenberg was turning 76 years old, and his stupid friend Oskar Adler wrote a letter to Schoenberg warning him that the coming year was “critical” because 7 + 6 = 13. This freaked him right out, and he became convinced he would die on his 76th birthday, Friday the 13th of July. In a letter Schoenberg’s wife wrote Arnold’s sister his wife Gertrude is quoted as saying, “About a quarter to twelve I looked at the clock and said to myself: another quarter of an hour and then the worst is over. Then the doctor called me. Arnold’s throat rattled twice, his heart gave a powerful beat and that was the end.” He died at 11.45 pm, 15 minutes before the day was out. His death was of natural causes, sometimes recorded as heart failure, and often as being “scared to death.” You can read more about it here, or you can look it up in this book.

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2015
6. Johnny Cash In the interview above, Johnny Cash quite poetically explains that he feels that death is coming to him. Within a month of this interview Cash passed away. He didn’t predict the date, or the comet, or the location like others, but he does speak of a a feeling that he “expects his life to end soon.” It’s Cash’s last interview, and is a nice conversation to ponder our understanding of our own mortality. I don’t think Cash predicted his death in the same way as someone like Mark Twain, but perhaps there is an inexplicable quality about the relationship we have subconsciously with our body. Have you known someone to have felt death approaching? Do you think these are all purely coincidence? We’d love to hear your thoughts or share links to similar stories in the comments.

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by bugzbunny: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2015
Add dagrin.....

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by moscobabs(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2015
these are not ordinary human beings

my grandfather too predicted the day and time of his death and it came to pass.

must old men predict their death date esp the Holy ones
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by fav444(f): 10:19am On Sep 20, 2015
this life is as simple as u define it.
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by moscobabs(m): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2015
bugzbunny:
Add dagrin.....
Dagrin never predicted his death its just a coecidence the same as Jim Revess
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 20, 2015
I see my bank account turning from 46k to 46Billion by this time next year.
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by moscobabs(m): 10:29am On Sep 20, 2015
yakamata:
4. Mikey Welsh Mikey Welsh was a prolific American artist and musician. He found fame early as the bass player of Weezer, and enjoyed a productive painting career. In an uncanny turn of events, Welsh Tweeted about a premonition in a dream that he died of a heart attack in his sleep in Chicago. Two weekends later, he died in his sleep in a hotel room in Chicago from a drug overdose. It was a tragic and untimely death coupled with Welsh’s bizarre Twitter assertion.
this man actually commuted suicide to make name

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by Demmocrats(m): 10:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by sinaj(f): 10:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Strange nd scary smiley

1 Like

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by donholy28(m): 11:59am On Sep 20, 2015
[…Bia where's dagrin?
Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
An overlooked facet of rap is how it magically predicts the future at times. Jay Z foretold his own rise on the New York Times bestseller list with his ‘Decoded’ autobiography when he released 1998′s ‘Money, Cash, Hoes.’ Years later, Jeezy predicted Barack Obama’s inauguration on ‘My President. Some predictions — far too many — fall in line with tragedy. The live-fast-and-die-young mentality sounds cool to many of hip-hop’s young demographic, but there’s nothing glorious about the unfulfilled potential of an artist’s life cut short. Part of the legacy of artists like Tupac Shakur and Big L is how they chillingly and almost accurately predicted their own demise. Death isn’t too far from some of these artists with their inner city beginnings, but when it caught them, the aftermath left fans shocked despite their premonitions. Check out Rappers Who Correctly Predicted Their Own Death. 2Pac Shakur Lyrics: “I been shot and murdered, can tell you how it happened word for word / But best believe n—-s gon’ get what they deserve,” raps Tupac on Richie Rich’s ‘N—-s Done Changed.’ This song was released two months before Tupac Shakur was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on that Las Vegas strip in 1996. His murder is still unsolved. By his last album, ‘The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory,’ Shakur went by the name Makaveli, a reference to the famed Italian philosopher who advocated faking one’s own death, which some fans believe Pac did. The West Coast MC also predicted his end in a recently released PBS interview. After he was asked where he saw himself in the next few years, he said, “Best case, in a cemetery. Not in a cemetery, sprinkled in ashes smoked up by my homies. I mean, that’s the worst case.” Listen to Richie Rich’s ‘N—-s Done Changed’ Feat. Tupac. Notorious B.I.G Lyrics: “I swear to God I feel like death is f—ing calling me,” raps the Notorious B.I.G. on ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’ Biggie Smalls has always told tales of excess with a distinctive frankness that was sometimes tongue-in-cheek. Death was still at the underbelly of most of his work though. His debut album, ‘Ready to Die,’ featured many songs that touched on death — ‘Big Poppa,’ ‘Juicy,’ the self-titled track and the album-closing ‘Suicidal Thoughts.’ The latter was particularly eerie considering the way his life story happened. Of course the Brooklyn, N.Y.-bred MC didn’t commit suicide, but death did find him when he was killed during a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles in 1997. His posthumous album title: ‘Life After Death.’ Listen to Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Suicidal Thoughts’ Proof Lyrics: “I’m in the club to beef, you gotta murder me there,” raps Proofon ’40 Oz.’ The crazy part about these lyrics from D12‘s ’40 Oz.’ is how they’re an accurate representation of how Proof passed away. There isn’t a definitive account of what exactly happened at that billiards table at the CCC Club on 8 Mile Rd., on April 11, 2006, but what’s known is the situation escalated between the intoxicated rapper (whose blood alcohol content read .32 at the autopsy — three times the legal limit) and Keith Bender. Bouncer Mario Etheridge, Bender’s cousin, fired a warning shot into the air to stop the fight. Proof apparently fired shots in retaliation, killing Bender. He died from two shots in his back and another one to the back of his head. The tragedy was also foretold in Eminem’s ‘Like Toy Soldiers’ video — a song that warned against the kind of activity that actually killed Em’s best friend. Proof played the rapper who’s gunned down in the video. Big L Lyrics: “I watched all of them, run for they share / And all I can do was stare / I got weak and fell on my rear / Now I can hear the sirens, that means here comes the Jakes / But it’s too late, I’m knockin’ on the pearly gates,” raps Big L on ‘Casualties of a Dice Game.’ Big L’s murder was related to conflict, albeit it’s not the type rapped about on this track, ‘Casualties of a Dice Game,’ off his posthumous LP, ‘The Big Picture’ — the lyrics detail a dice game that ends in his death. The NYPD believed the Harlem rapper was shot to death in response to something one of his two brothers did (they were in prison at the time). The rapper is considered a legend, but had his life cut short at 24, when he was murdered in a 1999 drive-by shooting.

Re: Celebrities Who Predicted Their Own Death by yakamata(m): 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
In the song which Dagrin recorded few weeks before his death, he had said : “ If I die, make you no cry for me , e je n simi … ( let me rest ) . And when he eventually died, the rumour that he predicted his own death was arguably right .

(1) (Reply)

These Are The B!tches Your M@ma Warned You About( Photo ) / VIDEO: Ciara, Kaffy And Their Dancers Dance On The Streets Of Lagos / Who Remembers This Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.