Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! (5018 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 9:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Most of us raised in church have very good knowledge (not understanding) of the NT, but very poor understanding of the old. I am sure a new christian will be better able to grasp this thread than one who has been lied to for years.
Let get straight to the false doctrine:

Matthew 1:18-23
18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Verse 23 is where the writers screwed up. In church, we are directed to Isaiah 7:14 which says "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel"

This immediately sounds like this is talking about what Matthew 1:22-23 says Right? Well back up to Isaiah 7:1 so we can get the passage in its true context!!!

Isaiah 7:1-17
1 And it came to pass in the days of Ahaz the son of Jotham, the son of Uzziah, king of Judah, that Rezin the king of Syria, and Pekah the son of Remaliah, king of Israel, went up toward Jerusalem to war against it, but could not prevail against it.
This very first verse sets up the time frame and gives you the gist of the story.

2 And it was told the house of David, saying, Syria is confederate with Ephraim. And his heart was moved, and the heart of his people, as the trees of the wood are moved with the wind.

3 Then said the Lord unto Isaiah, Go forth now to meet Ahaz, thou, and Shearjashub thy son, at the end of the conduit of the upper pool in the highway of the fuller's field;

4 And say unto him, Take heed, and be quiet; fear not, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,

6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:

7 Thus saith the Lord God, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

8 For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim be broken, that it be not a people.

9 And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

10 Moreover the Lord spake again unto Ahaz, saying,

11 Ask thee a sign of the Lord thy God; ask it either in the depth, or in the height above.
(God told King Ahaz to ask of Him a Sign)

12 But Ahaz said, I will not ask, neither will I tempt the Lord.
(King Ahaz tells God that he won't Ask or Tempt Him )

13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; Is it a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you [KING AHAZ] a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

In other words God himself will give King Ahaz a sign, since King Ahaz refused to ask for one.
The sign Is that the virgin will conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
This is where the CONFUSION BEGINS. This is where the New Testament writers falsely claims that this is a future prophecy of Jesus.
As we have just read from Verse 1 of this Chapter we now know that THIS WAS NOT A FUTURE PROPHECY OF JESUS. NOR DID THE SIGN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH A FUTURE PROPHECY OF JESUS. IT WAS A SIGN FOR KING AHAZ.

Now verses 15 and 16 goes into further details of the sign for King Ahaz.

15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.

^^^ THAT IS THE SIGN!!! Before the Child can tell good from evil, God will destroy the two Kings, who are enemies of Israel. This has NOTHING TO DO WITH A VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS HUNDREDS OF YEARS LATER WHEN AHAZ IS DEAD.

Now WHO IS THE VIRGIN and WHAT DOES VIRGIN MEAN IN Isaiah 7:14?

Hebrew meaning of Virgin in Isaiah 7:14.
h1. H5959
Original: *עלמה*
Transliteration: *‛almâh*
Phonetic: *al-maw'*
*BDB Definition*:
*virgin, YOUNG WOMAN
*of marriageable age
*maid or newly married
Origin: from [[d 5958]]
TWOT entry: 1630b
Part(s) of speech: Noun Feminine
*Strong's Definition*: Feminine of [[H5958]]; a _lass_ (as _veiled_ or private): - damsel, maid, virgin.
Virgin only means a YOUNG WOMAN, NOT A WOMAN THAT HAD NEVER HAD SEX.

Isaiah's wife is the virgin whose child will be The Sign For King Ahaz. Not a sexless woman hundreds of years from this prophecy.
Let's Prove this With Scripture In Context.
Isaiah 8:1-4
1 Moreover the Lord said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz.

2 And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.

3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the Lord to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

(Isaiah is saying he had sex with his Wife, the prophetess and she conceived / had a child). This is what Isaiah 7:14 is talking about.

4 For before the child knows how to say, ‘My father,’ and, ‘My mother,’ the riches of Damascus and the plunder of Samaria will be carried away by the king of Assyria.”

This Confirms the Prophecy of Isaiah 7:15-16.
Isaiah 7:15-16
15 He shall eat butter and honey when he knows to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
16 For before the child knows to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land whose two kings you abhor shall be forsaken.

See Isaiah's Son MaherShalalHashBaz that he had by His wife IS THE SIGN that the 2 Kings that went Against King Ahaz will be DESTROYED).
NOT A PROPHECY ABOUT JESUS HUNDREDS OF YEARS LATER.

King Ahaz would have been dead by then so what good would Jesus be as a sign. He would not be alive to witness it.

Another thing. Notice what Isaiah says about His Children:
*Isaiah 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for sign[/b]s and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

As we See God told Ahaz that He will give him a [b]sign
and that sign was The Virgin, who is Isaiah's Wife will Conceive a Child and that by time that child is old enough to know right and wrong the 2 Kings that plotted against him will be destroyed. And that was exactly what happened.

Isaiah CONFIRMS That God used his child as a sign for King Ahaz.
So this PROVES IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A WOMAN WHO NEVER HAD SEX HAVING A CHILD HUNDREDS OF YEARS LATER.

As I suspected, and mentioned in my first thread, the scriptures (old testament) are truth, the NT is false...religion of the white man.

May God open our eyes.

God bless
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2015
i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. mtschewwwwwweeeeeeewwwwww.

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 11:38am On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:
i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. mtschewwwwwweeeeeeewwwwww.

All religions can inspire change in a person - but they are man made. Only the law and prophets hold true. I am not interested in human perception of what is good etc. I only pursue the truth. Sorry if this throws a spanner at your works.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lanre747:

All religions can inspire change in a person - but they are man made. Only the law and prophets hold true. I am not interested in human perception of what is good etc. I only pursue the truth. Sorry if this throws a spanner at your works.
i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. Don't be shy to share.

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Goshen360(m): 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin grin grin

I smell something

grin grin grin
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 10:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:

i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. Don't be shy to share.

When people have no valid argument, they mount a personal attack.
Let's not get sidetracked. Have I shown that Isaiah 7 is not about Jesus Christ? Yes.
If you are satisfied, I will move on to another prophecy. If not, please state your case.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Isiahs child name was not Immanuel. So what are you saying
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
easternguy1:
Isiahs child name was not Immanuel. So what are you saying

Let me shed light:

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

THE LORD shall call him Immanuel... Did He?

Isaiah 8:8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

He did not say "You shall name him Immanuel".
And even if this did not refer to this particular child, your thoughts should lead you to consider that whoever this child was, he would have to be born in the time of Isaiah, NOT hundreds of years later. The NT writers basically retrofitted prophecies, lol.

Thanks
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by ayoku777(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2015
Lanre747:

Let me shed light:

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 8:8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

And even if this did not refer to this particular child, your thoughts should lead you to consider that whoever this child was, he would have to be born in the time of Isaiah, NOT hundreds of years later. The NT writers basically retrofitted prophecies, lol.

Thanks

There are some prophecies in scripture that can be called "Dual Prophecy". Either because they were fulfilled in two persons in scripture or because they were fulfilled two times in history.

And there are a few prophecies like that in scripture.

This is one;

Gen 26v4 -And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in THY SEED shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Here God is talking about two persons at the same time. About Jacob (Israel) and about Jesus Christ. This prophecy was fulfilled literally or physically in Jacob (Israel), and was fulfilled spiritually or symbolically in Jesus (It also will eventually be fulfilled physically and eternally in Jesus in the age to come).

Both Jacob and Jesus were both the seed of Abraham. Jacob is the seed of Abraham after the flesh; and Jesus is the seed of Abraham both after the flesh and after the Spirit.

Gal 3v16 -Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Here is another dual prophecy

1Chronicles 22v9 -Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

v10 -He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

This is also a dual prophecy. This prophecy was talking literally about Solomon; but also symbolically or spiritually about Jesus. The prophecy was fulfilled in both Solomon and Jesus. Solomon and Jesus were both the seed of David, and they both built God a house.

Romans 1v3 -Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Matthew 16v18 -And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Hebrews 3v3 -For this man (Jesus) was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath BUILDED THE HOUSE hath more honour than the house.

There are many others verses in the old testament that are dual prophecies like these. Prophecies that were literally fulfilled in a biblical character but also fulfilled spiritually or symbolically, and even sometimes also physcially in Jesus.

Its good and needful to know and note that much of the old testaments is the veiled and sealed revelation of Christ Himself, unveiled and unsealed in the new testament.

A lot of the prophecies of the old testament mirror Christ, and what He came to do; is doing, or will do. So even though some prophecies were literally fulfilled in another biblical character, they were also fulfilled or are being fulfilled spiritually and symybolically in Christ Himself.

Many bible characters; Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Joshua, David, Solomon, Immanuel, Cyrus, Zerubbabel, to mention a few; all had prophecies about them that also mirror the Christ. Their lives and/or ministries are old testament types and shadows of the life and ministry of Jesus.

So most times, literal prophecies about these men are also symbolic or spiritual or also physical prophecies about Jesus Himself. Making them dual prophecies.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by malvisguy212: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2015
Lanre747:

Let me shed light:

Thanks
Please read the previous
verse in Isaiah 7:13, "And he said,Hear ye now, O HOUSE OF DAVID ."

Notice the Lord is not speaking to Ahaz directly, but to the O HOUSE OF DAVID. It is a sign for the " house of David", it is a future confirmation and does not have to be fulfilled right there and then in Ahaz's time.

OK, now notice verse 16 says, "before the child (Jesus) shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good…"
Was Assyria forsaken by the Lord before Jesus knew about good and evil? Yes. Assyria was forsaken before Jesus was born in the flesh! Therefore, this prophesy is not contradictory, but in harmony. The Bible says Isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled in Matthew 1:23 and Luke 1:31 with the birth of Jesus.

Other reasons why I believe this "child" refers to Jesus is in
Isaiah 8:14, "And he shall be for a
sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem."

This was fulfilled by Jesus in Romans 9:33 and 1 Peter2:8. Isaiah 9:6-7 describes this "child" from Isaiah 7:14 in more detail. Only Jesus fits this
description of this "child".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by gbaskiphylle: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayoku777:

There are some prophecies in scripture that can be called "Dual Prophecy". Either because they were fulfilled in two persons in scripture or because they were fulfilled two times in history.

This is one;

Gen 26v4 -And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in THY SEED shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Here God is talking about two persons at the same time. About Jacob (Israel) and about Jesus Christ. This prophecy was fulfilled literally or physically in Jacob (Israel), and was fulfilled spiritually or symbolically in Jesus (It also will eventually be fulfilled physically and eternally in Jesus in the age to come).

Both Jacob and Jesus were both the seed of Abraham. Jacob is the seed of Abraham after the flesh; and Jesus is the seed of Abraham both after the flesh and after the Spirit.

Gal 3v16 -Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

1Chronicles 22v9 -Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days.

v10 -He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the throne of his kingdom over Israel for ever.

This is also a dual prophecy. This prophecy was talking literally about Solomon; but also symbolically or spiritually about Jesus. The prophecy was fulfilled in both Solomon and Jesus. Solomon and Jesus were both the seed of David, and they both built God a house.

Romans 1v3 -Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Matthew 16v18 -And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Hebrews 3v3 -For this man (Jesus) was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath BUILDED THE HOUSE hath more honour than the house.

There are many others verses in the old testament that are dual prophecies like these. Prophecies that were literally fulfilled in a biblical character but also fulfilled spiritually or symbolically, and even sometimes also physcially in Jesus.

Its good and needful to know and note that much of the old testaments is the veiled and sealed revelation of Christ Himself, unveiled and unsealed in the new testament.

A lot of the prophecies of the old testament mirror Christ, and what He came to do; is doing, or will do. So even though some prophecies were literally fulfilled in another biblical character, they were also fulfilled or are being fulfilled spiritually and symybolically in Christ Himself.

Many bible characters; Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, Joshua, David, Solomon, Immanuel, Cyrus, Zerubbabel, to mention a few; all had prophecies about them that also mirror the Christ. Their lives and/or ministries are old testament types and shadows of the life and ministry of Jesus.

So most times, literal prophecies about these men are also symbolic or spiritual or also physical prophecies about Jesus Himself. Making them dual prophecies.

Shalom
This is one of the reasons I don't like all this theological explanations giving excuses for falsehood...which one is dual prophesy again?...the scripture cited and explained by the op is straightforward...of what benefit was the prophesy of Jesus birth to Ahaz?...When errors are pointed out,we either attack the op or give flimsy explanations instead of looking at the issue objectively...Thanks Op...I totally agree with you!

4 Likes

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lanre747:

When people have no valid argument, they mount a personal attack.
Let's not get sidetracked. Have I shown that Isaiah 7 is not about Jesus Christ? Yes.
If you are satisfied, I will move on to another prophecy. If not, please state your case.

Don't be ridiculous, there is no personal attack. You should not be ashamed of your testimony and its benefits. "i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. Don't be shy to share.
Do not attempt to detract from the main issue, which is where you are going or taking us. You are trying to tell us that Jesus is unreal or useless, that the New Testament is unnecessary, that we should stick to the Old Testament. Something like that. You'd really have to be crazy to think that i will take that without your telling me its benefits. What are you selling to us? You claim and pray that God should open our eyes, so you tell us what you have enjoyed than us since God supposedly opened your eyes. Tell me, why i should leave Jesus and all that He has done for me, and follow you and your interpretations/conclusions. It is that simple. Don't just come and confuse everybody with english and greek. Tell us where you are taking us to.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by malvisguy212: 3:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbaskiphylle:

This is one of the reasons I don't like all this theological explanations giving excuses for falsehood...which one is dual prophesy again?...the scripture cited and explained by the op is straightforward...of what benefit was the prophesy of Jesus birth to Ahaz?...When errors are pointed out,we either attack the op or give flimsy explanations instead of looking at the issue objectively...Thanks Op...I totally agree with you!
malvisguy212:
Please read the previous
verse in Isaiah 7:13, "And he said,Hear ye now, O HOUSE OF DAVID ."
Notice the Lord is not speaking to Ahaz directly, but to the O HOUSE OF DAVID. It is a sign for the " house of David", it is a future confirmation and does not have to be fulfilled right there and then in Ahaz's time.
OK, now notice verse 16 says, "before the child (Jesus) shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good…"
Was Assyria forsaken by the Lord before Jesus knew about good and evil? Yes. Assyria was forsaken before Jesus was born in the flesh! Therefore, this prophesy is not contradictory, but in harmony. The Bible says Isaiah 7:14 was fulfilled in Matthew 1:23 and Luke 1:31 with the birth of Jesus.
Other reasons why I believe this "child" refers to Jesus is in
Isaiah 8:14, "And he shall be for a
sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem."
This was fulfilled by Jesus in Romans 9:33 and 1 Peter2:8. Isaiah 9:6-7 describes this "child" from Isaiah 7:14 in more detail. Only Jesus fits this
description of this "child".
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbaskiphylle:

Prophesies sometimes have more than one fulfilment. The guy has a point. Review his argument with open mind.

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by ayoku777(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbaskiphylle:

What is flimsy about the explanations of dual prophecy? You can say you don't agree with the explanation but not that it is flimsy.

I showed clearly from scriptures prophecies that were referring to two people at the same time, or that were fulfilled by two people in scripture. Those are what is called dual prophecies. Prophecies that were both direct to individuals and also messianic.

If you've not heard of it before then do more study of the bible, with an open, objective mind; not with a mind on a fault-finding mission.

The dual prophesy of Christ birth in the prophesy of Isaiah to Ahaz doesn't have to be of any relevance to Ahaz, because that part was not for him, but for those who will be reading it many years later in the scripture when it is unveiled.

Did Cyrus the persian have any idea also that what he was doing to Babylon was a prophecy from God about him; and also a type and shadow of the ministry of the Christ that was to come?

Did Zerubbabel have any idea too? Did Aaron the high priest too?

All these men are types and shadow of the life and ministry of Christ. And they didn't have any idea for the most part that they were. It is under the new testament that we see all these mysteries that were sealed and veiled under the old testament now unsealed and unveiled.

Even the bible characters that were given those prophecies couldn't see its connection to the coming Messiah, even though the prophecies given to them were also partly messianic prophecies about the coming Christ.

A prophecy can be fulfilled by two people in scripture. Many prophecies of what happened literally to some bible characters were also a prophetic foreshadow of what happened to Christ much later. E.g Jacob and Jesus; Solomon and Jesus etc

Such are called dual prophecies.

Just as the birth of that child was a sign to Ahaz that God would save and deliver Judah from the hands of the kings of Syria and Israel; it also secondly foreshadows how that the virgin birth of Christ was also a sign of God's salvation plan for the world.

Ofcourse Ahaz couldn't have known how that sign or prophecy was equally partly connected to the Messiah (a messianic prophecy); because the revelation of Christ was sealed under the old. But it was also a prophecy of the coming birth of Christ and it was unsealed in the new testament.

Matthew 1v22 -Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

v23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God's prophecy to Isaac was fulfilled physically in Jacob and fulfilled spiritually by Jesus. And both of them were Isaac's seed. The prophecy was both a literal prophecy about Jacob and a messianic prophecy about Jesus.

Also God's prophecy to David was also fulfilled physically by Solomon and fulfilled spiritually by Jesus; and both of them are David's seed.

Its you that need to be objective to see that a prophecy can be talking about two people at the same time. And a prophecy can be fulfilled in two people. Such is a dual prophecy.

The scripture about the birth of this child was both a literal prophecy about the child and also a Messianic prophecy about Jesus.

Shalom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 4:00pm On Sep 21, 2015
Even above dual, God's word can be fulfilled 10,000 times and more. Amen.

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbaskiphylle:

Thank you.
Of all the objections I have received to date, I must say, dual prophecy is new. But you know, if I am right, and scriptures suggests I am, it means that NT writers purposely lied, which would bring into question the validity of the whole New Testament. Now, of course, I did not expect people to yield immediately. Isaiah 7 is just one, and admittedly, it ought to be sufficient. But I love my brothers and shall be patient. I haven't even touched Isaiah 53 yet smiley
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 7:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
Image123:

Don't be ridiculous, there is no personal attack. You should not be ashamed of your testimony and its benefits. "i wonder what you have benefitted since "God" opened your eyes. Don't be shy to share.
Do not attempt to detract from the main issue, which is where you are going or taking us. You are trying to tell us that Jesus is unreal or useless, that the New Testament is unnecessary, that we should stick to the Old Testament. Something like that. You'd really have to be crazy to think that i will take that without your telling me its benefits. What are you selling to us? You claim and pray that God should open our eyes, so you tell us what you have enjoyed than us since God supposedly opened your eyes. Tell me, why i should leave Jesus and all that He has done for me, and follow you and your interpretations/conclusions. It is that simple. Don't just come and confuse everybody with english and greek. Tell us where you are taking us to.

Oga I haven't asked you to do anything yet. All I did was to show that Isaiah 7 is not about Jesus. Your disciples have responded by saying God sends His word and it comes to pass, not once, but twice. That is fine, I know many shall read and understand. Further prophecies to follow sir.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by tartar9(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
ayoku777:

What is flimsy about the explanations of dual prophecy? You can say you don't agree with the explanation but not that it is flimsy.

I showed clearly from scriptures prophecies that were referring to two people at the same time, or that were fulfilled by two people in scripture. Those are what is called dual prophecies. Prophecies that were both direct to individuals and also messianic.

If you've not heard of it before then do more study of the bible, with an open, objective mind; not with a mind on a fault-finding mission.

The dual prophesy of Christ birth in the prophesy of Isaiah to Ahaz doesn't have to be of any relevance to Ahaz, because that part was not for him, but for those who will be reading it many years later in the scripture when it is unveiled.

Did Cyrus the persian have any idea also that what he was doing to Babylon was a prophecy from God about him; and also a type and shadow of the ministry of the Christ that was to come?

All these men are types and shadow of the life and ministry of Christ. And they didn't have any idea for the most part that they were. It is under the new testament that we see all these mysteries that were sealed and veiled under the old testament now unsealed and unveiled.

Even the bible characters that were given those prophecies couldn't see its connection to the coming Messiah, even though the prophecies given to them were also partly messianic prophecies about the coming Christ.

A prophecy can be fulfilled by two people in scripture. Many prophecies of what happened literally to some bible characters were also a prophetic foreshadow of what happened to Christ much later. E.g Jacob and Jesus; Solomon and Jesus etc

Just as the birth of that child was a sign to Ahaz that God would save and deliver Judah from the hands of the kings of Syria and Israel; it also secondly foreshadows how that the virgin birth of Christ was also a sign of God's salvation plan for the world.

Ofcourse Ahaz couldn't have known how that sign or prophecy was equally partly connected to the Messiah (a messianic prophecy); because the revelation of Christ was sealed under the old. But it was also a prophecy of the coming birth of Christ and it was unsealed in the new testament.

Matthew 1v22 -Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

v23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

God's prophecy to Isaac was fulfilled physically in Jacob and fulfilled spiritually by Jesus. And both of them were Isaac's seed. The prophecy was both a literal prophecy about Jacob and a messianic prophecy about Jesus.

Also God's prophecy to David was also fulfilled physically by Solomon and fulfilled spiritually by Jesus; and both of them are David's seed.

Its you that need to be objective to see that a prophecy can be talking about two people at the same time. And a prophecy can be fulfilled in two people. Such is a dual prophecy.

The scripture about the birth of this child was both a literal prophecy about the child and also a Messianic prophecy about Jesus.

Shalom[/s]
nonsense! the prophecy clearly refers to Ahaz.if it can be used for more than one person,then it could be used for thousands of persons after Ahaz,what now makes it a prophecy?

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 10:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
Lanre747:

Oga I haven't asked you to do anything yet. All I did was to show that Isaiah 7 is not about Jesus. Your disciples have responded by saying God sends His word and it comes to pass, not once, but twice. That is fine, I know many shall read and understand. Further prophecies to follow sir.

They are not my disciples,don't be devilish. i don't care what you say, nor am i interested in buying your stories. You need to state clearly what you have to offer. You're saying in summary to reject Jesus, which is a most foolish proposition. But I'm being gentlemanly and logical and patient to ask you, FOR WHAT? To whom or what are you taking us after Jesus? Because we've seen Jesus, so handsome than anyone. What do you have, better than Jesus? That's not too hard to answer, is it?
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Image123:

They are not my disciples,don't be devilish. i don't care what you say, nor am i interested in buying your stories. You need to state clearly what you have to offer. You're saying in summary to reject Jesus, which is a most foolish proposition. But I'm being gentlemanly and logical and patient to ask you, FOR WHAT? To whom or what are you taking us after Jesus? Because we've seen Jesus, so handsome than anyone. What do you have, better than Jesus? That's not too hard to answer, is it?

Isaiah 53:2 "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."

Glad you agree with me Isaiah 53 can't be talking about your Jesus, because you just told me he fine pass your wife grin grin

Darn, and i was going to do a whole thread on it, but it seems we already agree Jesus aint in Isaiah 53 either grin grin grin

Where is He sef?

2 Likes

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Image123(m): 2:24am On Sep 22, 2015
Lanre747:

Isaiah 53:2 "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him."

Glad you agree with me Isaiah 53 can't be talking about your Jesus, because you just told me he fine pass your wife grin grin

Darn, and i was going to do a whole thread on it, but it seems we already agree Jesus aint in Isaiah 53 either grin grin grin

Where is He sef?

Your failure didn't start here, it started when you thought not having Jesus is an opening of eyes. Stop being the ostrich that hid it's small head in the sand. Your body is out exposed.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by ayoku777(m): 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
tartar9:
nonsense! the prophecy clearly refers to Ahaz.if it can be used for more than one person, then it could be used for thousands of persons after Ahaz, what now makes it a prophecy?

How many virgin births were recorded in the bible for this prophecy to be applicable for thousands of persons?
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by tartar9(m): 2:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
ayoku777:

How many virgin births were recorded in the bible for this prophecy to be applicable for thousands of persons?
good! another deception,the correct translation is "young woman" not virgin

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by ayoku777(m): 3:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
tartar9:
good! another deception,the correct translation is "young woman" not virgin

The word used in that verse is the hebrew word "almah", and it translates into maiden or damsel, specifically a virgin damsel (unmarried or newly married).

In scriptural usage, "almah" is always used for a woman who has never known a man.

There is no where "almah" was used in scripture for a woman who is not a virgin.

"Almah" is different from "Na'arah".

Na'arah also means damsel or maiden but it is not specific to a virgin damsel.

Na'arah was used to describe Dinah, the daughter of Jacob, even after she had had sex with a man.

Gen 34v1 -And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.

v2 And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

v3 And his soul clave unto Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the damsel (Na'arah), and spake kindly unto the damsel (Na'arah).

Dinah was still called damsel here, even after she had known a man, but the word used is "Na'arah" not "Almah". Na'arah means damsel, but not specific to a virgin damsel, it means damsel, whether virgin or not.

Another hebrew word translated damsel is the word "Yaldah". It simply means young girl, virgin or not.

Gen 34v4 And Shechem spake unto his father Hamor, saying, Get me this damsel (Yaldah) to wife.

This word (yaldah) was used to describe Dinah again, even after she had known a man. So its also not specific to virgins.

Na'arah = damsel (virgin or not)

Yaldah = young girl (virgin or not)

Almah = maiden or damsel (virgin)

Almah was never used in scripture for a non-virgin damsel. The word is specific to virgins, a woman who has not known a man.

So the prophecy of Isaiah 7 is talking about a virgin damsel. If it was just a damsel or young girl (virgin or not), the scripture would use Na'arah or Yaldah.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2015
ayoku777:

Shalom

"""v23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall
bring forth a son, and they shall call his name
Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us"""

A virgin also gave birth in India and his name is Krishna... I guess this is triple prophesy. Ode.

2 Likes

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
ayoku777:

This is one;

Shalom

if ever many prophesies mirrored Jesus Christ, then it's guess work.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2015
Image123:

No one is selling anything to u........ U have seen d truth... U can either reject or accept it.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2015
Image123:

The handsome Jesus u saw is a Caucasian with blue eyes and long silky hair... He's a European. The real Jesus should be dark skinned, he comes from middle east.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by David0(m): 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2015
Even the devil quoted Bible passages to Jesus, Jesus never said he was lying, but Jesus also quoted Bible passages suggesting thr are better options.

Op, stop reading d Bible wt a closed mind. Stop reading d Bible and trying to apply logic like d devil did. U just will never understand that way.

U hv to seek God's own spiritual understanding.

My piece of advise.
Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by Lanre747: 11:16pm On Sep 30, 2015
David0:
Even the devil quoted Bible passages to Jesus, Jesus never said he was lying, but Jesus also quoted Bible passages suggesting thr are better options.

Op, stop reading d Bible wt a closed mind. Stop reading d Bible and trying to apply logic like d devil did. U just will never understand that way.

U hv to seek God's own spiritual understanding.

My piece of advise.

The bolded is cracking my ribs.
By the way, they quoted the law and the prophets, not the "bible". Secondly, the devil was clearly twisting scriptures. Pretty obvious

1 Like

Re: So You Thought Isaiah 7:14 Prophesied The Coming Of Jesus?? WRONG AGAIN! by ayoku777(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2015
chuna1985:
"""v23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us"""

A virgin also gave birth in India and his name is Krishna... I guess this is triple prophesy. Ode.

Where is Krishna in the bible?

Show me where any Krishna virgin birth appeared in the scriptures, then you would be making sense.

Because something has to be in the Word of God for it to be sound doctrine or spiritually sesnsible.

1Cor 4v6 -...that ye might learn in us not to think of men ABOVE THAT WHICH IS WRITTEN,

You see this? To esteem anyone or any opinion above what is written and can be found in God's word is false doctrine and heresis. Only what is written in the scriptures is the standard of measuring truth.

And according to the scriptures, only the Isaiah 7 child and Jesus fulfilled the (dual) prophecy of the virgin birth. Not any Krishna or Krashni?

Shalom!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You Afraid Of Hell? How To Throw Your Fear In The Trash Bin / What Happens To Unfruitful Branches? - Paul Ellis / 10 Best New Whatsapp Facebook Status For Eid Adha 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.