Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

A Discriminating Experience In Poland - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Discriminating Experience In Poland (44662 Views)

UBER Under Fire For Discriminating Against Women. / Masquerade Flogged Me: My Experience In Enugu Travelling Out Of East / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
coderXO:

What is this garble? 19 likes? Who are these senseless people? Sins of which few? Mtschew!!!

Judging from your comment, you know nothing about racism.

Mtschew!!!

Sir, it's 121 likes, 2 shares and counting. You still av 3 likes

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by pansophist(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
princetunex:

It's because majority of nairaland users are ignorant and uninformed. If nairaland is intellectually concentrated like Quora or similar, I can bet you'll receive no likes and much criticism instead.

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by coderXO(m): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
princetunex:

Sense is obviously not common.
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 27, 2015
pansophist:

It's because majority of nairaland users are ignorant and uninformed. If nairaland is intellectually concentrated like Quora or similar, I can bet you'll receive no likes and much criticism instead.
And you think everyone should think the same way like you want? If everyone thinks the same way then there will be no room for development. Different ideas bring about development as much as criticism. So some will welcome my idea because they agree and those that don't will criticize. So u see, I didn't reply the criticisms because we'll just change the whole issue into something I'm not ready for but I replied that guy because he started to attack my person(some too did) instead of the issue on ground.

2 Likes

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 27, 2015
coderXO:
Sense is obviously not common.
I guess you have them in abundance.
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
neoapocalypse:

What is MWF ?

I need to take a course in 21st century text lingo

Modified - I just saw your earlier post ( Muslim while flying ).

Howdy Neo smiley

Yeah, MWF is real. It's wrong, but it's not entirely unjustified and without a precedent.

This conversation reminded of a *song I hadn't listened to in a while (on the subject) by one of my favorite contemporary Somali artists, Aar Maanta. The MWF scenario in the video below is fairly benign as they come, but it's not at all uncommon to be bombarded with questions and/or outright accusations relating to baggage (besides the commonplace harassment and hassle, I mean etc) as All4naija would sooner have you believe. Here in America, it gets exponentially worse around Sept. 11th, with the general population getting sentimental and displaying American flags outside their homes and on their cars (the flag game is pretty thick in our state, lemme tell ya!), talk less of the naturally heightened scrutiny of airport personnel/TSA in the midst of their 'remembrance'. 9/11 continues to live on in the hearts and minds of many Americans.

*Note: The song is Somali, but the intro/outro dialogue is in English, and the content/meaning of the song is self-explanatory, I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbfCWTu0Zw&app=desktop
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Howdy Neo smiley

Yeah, MWF is real. It's wrong, but it's not entirely unjustified and without a precedent.

This conversation reminded of a *song I hadn't listened to in a while (on the subject) by one of my favorite contemporary Somali artists, Aar Maanta. The MWF scenario in the video below is fairly benign as they come, but it's not at all uncommon to be bombarded with questions and/or outright accusations relating to baggage (besides the commonplace harassment and hassle, I mean etc) as All4naija would sooner have you believe. Here in America, it gets exponentially worse around Sept. 11th, with the general population getting sentimental and displaying American flags outside their homes and on their cars (the flag game is pretty thick in our state, lemme tell ya!), talk less of the naturally heightened scrutiny of airport personnel/TSA in the midst of their 'remembrance'. 9/11 continues to live on in the hearts and minds of many Americans.

*Note: The song is Somali, but the intro/outro dialogue is in English, and the content/meaning of the song is self-explanatory, I feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbfCWTu0Zw&app=desktop

Oh,give me a break from your rant. In that case it isn't the usual discrimination as in problem with the skin color. I think you got my point wrong. Wow!

Nice music though.
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Exactly.

And OP needs to stop being aloof.
what are these two saying? undecided
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

what are these two saying? undecided

It's obvious that you either haven't grown hair in the privates or education, especially comprehension is not your thing.

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's obvious that you either haven't grown hair in the privates or education, especially comprehension is not your thing.
u two werent getting d point op was making. U think he w as just makinf a mountain out of a molehill. Whereas thisvcase is truly racism
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

u two werent getting d point op was making. U think he w as just makinf a mountain out of a molehill. Whereas thisvcase is truly racism

Look, you and the OP needs to stop blaming on racism and discrimination what is simply bad customer service that was measured on the OP and I think due to his aloofness.

When you use the wide brush of racism and discrimination to paint each and every social injustice then you do more harm than good.

Additionally, I'm not required to agree with OP, and frankly neither with you.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Look, you and the OP needs to stop blaming on racism and discrimination what is simply bad customer service that was measured on the OP and I think due to his aloofness.

When you use the wide brush of racism and discrimination to paint each and every social injustice then you do more harm than good.

Additionally, I'm not required to agree with OP, and frankly neither with you.

Good day.
u know i get ur point. Its just like black americans are also apt tosometimes term d sligtest acts as racist even when it may not have been intended tht way.
but i dont get ur mention of the ops aloofness,afterall he had been accused first without evidence b4 he reacted d way he did
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
enieme:

u know i get ur point. Its just like black americans are also apt tosometimes term d sligtest acts as racist even when it may not have been intended tht way.
but i dont get ur mention of the ops aloofness,afterall he had been accused first without evidence b4 he reacted d way he did

A prudent person will not get into a show of big words with whats best are high school graduate that are trusted int o customer service work.

This is just my opinion.

I leave you with this quote from Fela "Everybody get him power, everywhere", "Omolanke driver get him power, everywhere".

Good day.
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2015
EgunMogaji:

A prudent person will not get into a show of big words with whats best are high school graduate that are trusted int o customer service work.

This is just my opinion.

I leave you with this quote from Fela "Everybody get him power, everywhere", "Omolanke driver get him power, everywhere".

Good day.
na u know o egun gun

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by otokx(m): 7:52am On Sep 29, 2015
What a thread?
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by pinkcita: 5:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
successinlife:

Please don't go into the topic you have shallow knowledge of.The problem of Hitler and Racism is topic out of context.Please let it stop here.I will just give you a clue.Adolf Hitler is a power drunk,Hitler never have a plan,all he wanted is to rule the whole world,why he killed alot is because he wants to eliminate those he felt are his closest enemies,it is not because of racism or tribalism afterall alot still escape right before him,it is not possible to clearly seperate a jew from Germany/Poland/France/England etc from non jews of these countries. Hitler case dosn't fit this topic.
oya oo Hitler right hand man that have all the knowledge about him,as a matter of fact you fought with him.mtchewww
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by marksooyinmiebi(m): 5:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hi, I sent u a pm.. Let's chat. @pansophist

084 @whatsapp
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by rugged7(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
princetunex:
Racism is not new but I understand how you feel. You simply paid for the sins of our brothers who have tarnished the image of our color but I'm glad you didn't make any trouble n that's mature. Just move on bro

Black people like you are the kind of people who are in mental slavery.
The oyibo has been murdering blacks for hundreds of years but yet you exonerate them and blame yourself
Blacks were kidnapped, killed in africa,
stolen on boats and thrown overboard into the atlantic ocean
enslaved in plantations throughout europe and the americas
their women raped by white plantation owners
Blacks were lynched for talking to white women
Till now, it still happens...
Blacks are consistently murdered by white police just because they are black
etc etc
Yet you still find room to blame yourself and blacks
Are u for real or just mentally retarded
**SPITS**

1 Like

Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
rugged7:

Black people like you are the kind of people who are in mental slavery.
The oyibo has been murdering blacks for hundreds of years but yet you exonerate them and blame yourself
Blacks were kidnapped, killed in africa,
stolen on boats and thrown overboard into the atlantic ocean
enslaved in plantations throughout europe and the americas
their women raped by white plantation owners
Blacks were lynched for talking to white women
Till now, it still happens...
Blacks are consistently murdered by white police just because they are black
etc etc
Yet you still find room to blame yourself and blacks
Are u for real or just mentally retarded
**SPITS**

Did u just reply a post of 2015? Since u still live in d past don't pull people to ur level ok. Read my recent posts I'm sure u will catch up by 2017
Re: A Discriminating Experience In Poland by makahlj2: 9:42am On Jan 20, 2016
Fulaman198:

Whites are simply never made to feel this way in any foreign country.
Nope, these same Eastern Europeans (including Poles) were and are frequently treated like this (and worse) in the more Western countries. And maybe that's why they hate Blacks the most.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min / 11 Reasons Why You Should Not Japa From Nigeria / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.