Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,158 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet (623 Views)

At What Age Should I Open Bank Account For My Child? / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / ''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet by Ayanfejesu: 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Hello everyone:

There are two issues I need your advice on, please:

1 - I am self-employed so I have not had the need to enroll my son at the crèche but now I am thinking of enrolling him so he can mix with his peers.

Another reason I am not entirely sure about enrolling him in school yet is because I hear a lot of horror stories like kids being injured, being wrongly fed, etc. I just have all these thoughts even though I know there are advantages as well.

Do you think it is a good idea or I should wait till next year when he'll be close to 3?

2 - I am about to move with my family to the Badore/Ajah axis of Lekki and there are so many schools around here but not sure?

Has anyone in the house ever enrolled their child(ren) at the Edidot School Toddler class or something similar?

What was the experience?

Do you know of any other schools?

Please share your thoughts.

I am a first-time mom and that's why I am asking these questions.

I hope to learn from you all.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet by Dyt(f): 5:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
Giggles
Every mom feels this way
I had to toughen up when he was 8 months
Drop him 10 and picks him by 12
Lol
That was how it was for me but then after 2 months
I drop him 8 and picks him 5
As time goes by
You will get that feeling
Pls before you enrol him
Check out about 10 schools close to you
Hygiene matters a lot
The environment
The teachers and the caretakers
Montesorri are usually 10 in a class with 2-4 teachers
Trust you will find a better school for the sweet kid
The feeling is normal
Enjoy it mummy

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet by Ayanfejesu: 8:40pm On Sep 20, 2015
Thanks so much ma.

Great thoughts I must say.

God bless you ma and my regards to the family.

Have a beautiful week.
Re: Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet by austine4real(m): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
I dnt av anytin 2 say dan to tell u 2 bring him 2 Mushin Olosha day care International
Re: Advice Needed Please: To Enrol My Child Or Not To Enrol Him Yet by MotherBee: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
I know that feeling....every mom gets them... Honestly think about this...would you rather leave your child alone wit a maid? I think a crèche setting is best for a child who has both working parents... You can visit Bumblebeez Early Care Crèche...see what they have, it is basically a crèche and not a school n your toddler will get the needed attention he needs. Call 09097563596 for more info. I think you will love it... No harm in trying dear.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Accepted More Than 100 Friends Request On My Facebook Page / How To Adopt A Child In Nigeria / Female Front Desk Officer/office Assistant In Surulere (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.