Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers (1462 Views)

Funny Accusation From Extended Family Members / Doctor, 3 Family Members Die In Auto Crash (Photos) / Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by odehme: 12:08am On Sep 21, 2015
For about a year now I introduced my step sister to my boss when she came visiting and stayed for about a week. She came along with a friend of hers who doesn't know my boss but with a proper introduction I made them to even know better. They have met at a wedding reception unknowing to both of them. With this the bond of the relationship was further strengthened. The visitors were eager to even go visiting my boss all against her wish but she couldn't help. I was not very interested in the journey but they persisted and I have to put a call to my boss notifying her of the visit. It was an inconvenience for her but my visitors were eager to pay the visit thinking it was going to be another opportunity to sip some liquor. My boss knew I was forced into the journey because I hadn't time to go for such visits and so she was saying my visitors had made me know her place and I reluctantly said yes. She expressed her displeasure over the visit the next day at work but I have to explain to her and she understood.
To cut a long story short my sister started pushing hard on me for her son to come and stay with me and work in my organization and I told her for now no such vacancy but he can come up and look for work in other organizations while he stays with me and there's no place in my organization. Not knowing that my sisters mind is fixed at her son working in my organization, he came, go out to submit CV was an issue. At 8am he's still sleeping, I asked won't you be going out to submit CV, the reply was that MDA and parastatals usually open from 10am. I kept silent for a graduate who has graduated for about three years and he's looking for an immediate job to sustain himself was talking this? Because he didn't know the town he doesn't want to even make the attempt of gradually moving around the home. The next day the mother called me to complain why I shouldnt ask him to go out in search for a job. From then I now kept quiet to watch how events will unfold.
Suddenly one day I saw the boys CV on my madams table and I asked they said he brought it. I wasnt having issues with him bringing it without my notice but he couldn't even say hi or ask after me but on reaching home I didn't ask him until 4days after he apologised and begged that I should please assist him get the work even when the Madam reconfirmed to him that they was no vacancy. It became an issue two months after when he wasn't called for an interview. That I surpressd it even when I was ignored and the CV taken to my boss how would I have gotten d power. Whatever opinion they hold about me and how bad I am is been related direct to my boss. I'm not afraid of what they are saying and the consequences but what bad have I done in accepting to keep him in my house. A graduate who cannot go out to search for work. What are our graduates turning into nowadays that keep on blaming d govt and relatives for not getting them work.
please I need candid advice on this issue and I'm ready to also accept my fault if I have. thank you all for the patience u have in reading this
Re: Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by yanabasee(m): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2015
OP, aside relative things.... I'll send him parking!.... Was ur sister d one who sponsored u tro school? Or was she the one who assisted u to get a job there? Where u squatting with them to school/get the job?

If u've benefited from ur sister and this benefit is attributed to ur today's success...then u'll have to ignore them and act foolish... But if you've never benefited from her or her husband... To hell with her and her son!

Ion take shit from relatives oh.... I'm a man and I have my plans and I keep to my plans... Your work is very important to you.. Don't let that guy get the job coz if he succeeds.... You wouldn't know the outcome...

And why did u even invite dem over to ur work-place in the first place? That's a lesson u've gotta learn.... One ethics of every working class person is to keep family aside from his nature of work..

1 Like

Re: Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by KanwuliaJara: 2:22am On Sep 21, 2015
Unless by mistake! kiss
Dem go jolos you die ke! cheesy
You tink say na efrybarry get "friends and family"? shocked

Na so one of my home gyhel do HEAVY 40th invite all her co-workers and bosses them come chop, dance and drink finish.

The next month dem FIRE AM! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by eyinjuege: 5:50am On Sep 21, 2015
Maybe it'shigh time you let your sister know your boss iisn't comfortable with the friendship and overfamiliarity yoursister's trying to build with her. Tell her your boss complained over the visit in the first place, and scolded you on the matter at work. This is to let her understand she may be putting you in trouble at work.
Regarding your nephew, I doubt you can do much to stop him being lazy and be more proactive about getting a job. He's an adult and should know better, but it seems his laziness is inherent. You can encourage him to start registration to write some professional exams that are relevant to his field

1 Like

Re: Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by odehme: 5:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Yanabee.

Non of your questions has an affirmative answer. In fact she is the one rather benefiting from me. I gave her a family project to handle but when she's to renovate the one housing my mum she complained money has finished. I stomach it and then allowed her son come stay with me and she did this to me again. I think its one too many for me. I have started reacting back. I called my dad to warn her to stay clear off me. she has succeeded in chasing me away from home now she shouldn't try me at my work place.
Re: Introducing Your Friends And Family Members To Your Boss And Coworkers by Richy4(m): 6:06am On Sep 21, 2015
I believe that you shouldn't poo where you eat.

You did very well introducing your family to your boss just in case because their ways could cross for good or bad. And there could be stability for your sake based on something that could have ended in disaster.

but where you missed it was putting a call through on their behalf. That you were coming with them. That is where you eat. That is where you do your business. That is where you make money. It should not be a place for pleasure. Because the relationship between you and your boss is strictly business.

As for your nephew, you did very well accommodating him. You can only give advice when necessary but to take it upon yourself to lecture him on when to wake up, where to submit CV is a no no. He is an adult and should know that he should not over sleep when unemployed.

All you should have done was to know the time frame he will be living your house. As for not coming to say hi, ignore it for now. That is what you get from families sometimes.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Funny Picture Of Marriage And Children / This Picture Of A Father And His Baby Will Make Your Heart Melt / Pics Of A Unique And Happy Father (happy Fathers Day)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.