Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

Serious Bible Study With Seriously Important Consequence: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Serious Bible Study With Seriously Important Consequence: (858 Views)

Monday Bible Study (DCLM) / @ Italo, Debosky And Others - Re: Bible Study Discourse And Matters Arising / Bible Study For Bible Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serious Bible Study With Seriously Important Consequence: by No2Atheism(m): 7:23am On Apr 14, 2009
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE KINDLY STOP READING NOW CUS SOME POINTS ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU THINK THIS POST IS HERETIC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II Timothy 2:15
[RNKJV] Study to shew thyself approved unto יהוה, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

John 5:39
[RNKJV] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

First and foremost, I understand that some readers of this post would be angry, pissed, dumbfounded and even consider this thread heretic (don't worry you are not alone in trying to spot and openly oppose heresy), I am just pleading for people to be patient enough to read before forming an opinion, see the bible verses quoted, observe the points raised, use the weblinks provided as a start and then offer their understanding of the scriptures based on the question that the post is trying to tackle.
At the end of the day, proper and truthful bible study is required for the personal growth of each and everyone of us, hence a proper and polite  contribution, rebutal, response and addition to the post of this thread would be welcome.

Please note this about me,

[b]
- I believe in the birth, death and ressurection of the Messiah.
- I believe the Messiah has already come once and His coming back again during the Second coming.
- I believe salvation is in no other man except the only begotten Son of the Father, i.e the Messiah.
- I believe that salvation of every man is only by Grace through faith in the Messiah.
- I believe the Messiah is the Word.
- I don't believe in Easter or Christmas because they are merely pagan rituals disguised as biblical remembrance days.
- I am not a team player,  I endeavour to tell the Truth at all times even if it is against my own interest.
- I believe Heaven and Earth (and everything in them) was created in 6 Literal days (i.e 24hour-day by our own units of day measurement).
- I want to be both able and ready to defend my faith with truthfully blunt bible based answers when faced with tough questions about my faith.
- I want to know via scriptures (like Bereans) if the name "Jesus Christ" is the real name of the Messiah or not, cus I want my hope of salvation to be in the right person.
- I believe that scriptural truth searching is important to determine whether or not a True Bible Believer should continue to call himself/herself by the title""Christian" or not.
[/b]

Matthew 11:12
[RNKJV] And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

As far as this topic is concerned, I am seriously willing to learn from any points and objections raised based solely on the Scriptures, I am not interested in secular or religious dogmas or rhetoric, because making it on this spiritual journey is not childsplay, so let's be serious and try to offer constructive comments.

Isaiah 1:18
[RNKJV] Come now, and let us reason together, saith יהוה: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Acts 17:10
[RNKJV] And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

Acts 17:11
[RNKJV] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 4:12
[RNKJV] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 5:43
[RNKJV] I am come in my Fathers name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Can you please kindly go through the raised questions/suggestions/verses below and above and give your opinions about them. Nothwithstanding, the reason I am asking is because every True believer is expected to study to show him or herself approved via a non-religious, non-hypocrytical and non-dogmatic study of the bible.
The main question raised on this thread, is bound to be controversial to say the least, nevertheless its a neccessary question considering that its answer inherently affects the faith of billions of people on the planet. The question is so serious that its implication makes me to sometimes question my own sanity. You might be wondering that what exactly is it that I am talking about, well unfortunately I cannot mention the question directly, nevertheless my hope is that people would know/understand the question after going through this post.
My quest for an answer to this question, has already brought me to seek the opinion of a few online Bible believers and some important RCCG (Redeem) and Deeper Life Church branches and church email address contacts i could get my hands on. However to my disappointment, I have not received a single answer to my questions from the RCCG or Deeper Life contact email addresses.

Below are the statements, obervations, questions and conclusions.

STATEMENTS
-------------------------------
Chinese version:
Olukunle Adewale ”是一个约鲁巴人的名字,而不是希腊的名字,而不是一个希伯莱名字,而不是英文名称。它不能被翻译成英文,而不会造成损失的拼写,身份和意义,因为确定一个人的名字,因此预计不会改变,不论语言和国家。
------------------------------
Danish Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" er en Yoruba navn, ikke en græsk navn, ikke er et hebraisk navn og ikke et engelsk navn. Det kan ikke blive oversat til engelsk, uden at forårsage tab af stavemåde, identitet og betydning, fordi et navn identificerer en person, og dermed ikke ventes at ændre sig uafhængigt af et
sprog og land.
French Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" est un nom Yoruba, et non pas un nom grec, et non pas un nom hébreu et non pas un nom anglais. Il ne peut pas être traduit en anglais, sans causer la perte de l'orthographe, de l'identité et de sens, parce que le nom désigne une personne et, par conséquent, ne devrait pas changer, quelle que soit la langue et le pays.
German Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" ist ein Yoruba Namen, nicht einen griechischen Namen, kein Hebräisch Namen und nicht eine englische Namen. Es kann nicht sein, ins Englische übersetzt, ohne Verlust der Rechtschreibung, Identität und Sinn, weil Sie einen Namen nennt eine Person, und damit ist nicht zu erwarten, zu ändern, unabhängig von Sprache und Land.
Greek Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" είναι ένα Γιορούμπα όνομα, δεν είναι ελληνικό όνομα, δεν είναι εβραϊκό όνομα και δεν αποτελεί αγγλική ονομασία. Δεν μπορεί να μεταφραστεί από τα αγγλικά δεν προκαλείται απώλεια ορθογραφία, την ταυτότητα και την έννοια, επειδή ένα όνομα προσδιορίζει ένα πρόσωπο, και ως εκ τούτου δεν αναμένεται να αλλάξει ανεξάρτητα από τη γλώσσα και τη χώρα.
Hebrew Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" הוא יורובה שם, שם לא יווני, לא שם עברית ולא אנגלית שם. זה לא יכול להיות מתורגם לאנגלית ללא גרימת אבדן איות, תוהזה משמעות, כי שם מזהה אדם, ולכן היא לא צפויה
לשנות בלי לשים לב של שפה וארץ.
English Version:
"Olukunle Adewale" is a Yoruba name, not a Greek name, not an Hebrew name and not an English name. It cannot be translated to English without causing loss of spelling, identity and meaning, because a name identifies a person, and hence is not expected to change irrespective of a language and country.

===================================================================

Hence it is obvious to see that in other to maintain the level of pronounciation of a name and meaning of a name and indentity of the person bearing the name, it is next to impossible to actually translate a name without a little bit of loss of information or meaning  or pronunciation. Instead it is better to leave the name just the way it is pronounced in its original language.

For example, for the sake of europeans or non-yoruba people, loss of information during translation can be minimised to the bearest minimum when:

"Adebayo" is anglicised/europeanised and spelled as "Adebayo[i]r[/i]" just to protect the complete pronounciation of that particular Yoruba name, at the same time that the spelling becomes something that is easy to understand as an English word.
[/i]

========================
TRANSLATED NAMES
========================
English:           Jesus ( or "Iesus" from 1611 KJV from http://www.eliyah.com/1611.gif)
Greek Version: Ιησούς

English:           Christ
Greek Version: Χριστός  or Khristós ( note that the word Khristós means The Anointed.

Obviously its easy to see that the word Khristós is a title and not a name, and hence cannot be the name of the Messiah cus technically speaking, the word "Messiah" is even better placed to be His title and job description (cus a lot of different people can claim to "Annointed", however only one person is going to be the "Messiah" according to Scriptures).
Thus this scripture searching now leaves us with just the name "Jesus" to analyse and thus find out whether or not it is a translation of the real name of the Messiah.  Unfortunately however, there seems to be no reliable hebrew translation for either the names "Jesus" or "Christ", because it is hopelessly next to impossible to have an appropriate and consistent hebrew equivalent that even looks remotely close enough to accurately resemble the "Jesus" and "Christ" as the name by which the Messiah was called during His time on Earth. 
Now if we can't find an appropriate and reliable original Hebrew name that was supposed to have been used to translate to the name "Jesus", then how exactly is it possible for the name "Jesus" to fufill the Bible statement by the Messiah Himself, when He said that "He came in His Fathers Name".

Greek Version: Ιησούς Χριστός
English Version: Jesus Christ
Chinese Version: 耶稣基督
German Version: Jesus Christus
Danish Version: Jesus Kristus
French Version: Jésus-Christ
Yoruba Version: Jesu Kristi

English:  Messiah
Greek: Μεσσίας
Hebrew: המשיח

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BELOW ARE HEBREW NAMES THAT HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED TO BE THE TRUE NAME OF THE MESSIAH.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Yehoshua  (particular pronounciation caused by Hebrew vowel pointing by Hebrew Masorite scribes)

Name:     Yeshua  ("Yeshua" is said to be the Aramaic form of "Yahushua"wink
Hebrew: עושי (Yod Shin Waw Ayin)

Name:     Yahshua
Hebrew: עשוהי   (Yod Heh Waw Shin Ayin)

Name:     Yahusha
Hebrew: עושוהי (Yod Heh Waw Shin Waw Ayin )

Name:     Yahushua ("Yahushua" is said to be the Hebrew word with meaning "יהוה is Salvation"wink
Hebrew: ושוהי (Yah Heh Waw Shin Waw)

One thing is for sure, all of the above Hebrew names cannot all be True, hence which of the above is the True Name of the Messiah.

a. It then begs the question that if "Jesus" and "Christ" cannot be correctly and accurately translated back into an Hebrew Form, what then was the original Hebrew name from which translators claimed to have translated from, considering that the name "Jesus Christ" is actually merely the English translation of the Greek name (Ιησούς Χριστός).

b. Where did this Greek name (Ιησούς Χριστός) come from.

c. The Genealogy (maternal family tree) of the Messiah, shows that He was supposed to be born into the House of Israel in general and Tribe of Judah in specific. , hence so why should he have a "Greek name" (Ιησούς Χριστός) when He is supposed to a full blooded Israelite living under roman rule in the land of Israel.

d. Would it not be ridiculous for Angel Gabriel to have told Mary (an Hebrew) give the Messiah a "Greek name (Ιησούς Χριστός  i.e.  Jesus Christ)" after His birth even though the Messiah was sent to the House of Isreal (an Hebrew Nation). Also, it begs the question that what was the original name by which the Messiah was known by the Apostles ( who were obviously Hebrews) and Mary (an Hebrew) and people (in the land of Isreal of that time an Hebrew) during His time on Earth.

e. If "Jesus Christ" (Ιησούς Χριστός) was not the original Hebrew name of the Messiah, then:
      - why was it changed, considering that speaking german, spanish, english, yoruba or igbo or hausa or french should not really affect someones identity.
      - when was it changed, i.e was it Peter, Paul, John or the original apostles that changed the name or not, or was it changed after they were all already dead.
      - who changed it to, considering that correct identification is needed to avoid ignorantly referencing the wrong spiritual being.

f. If the name of mere men like [i]Jacob
(Isreal or ישראל or Yiśrāʾēl [/i]or [i]Yaʿaqov or Yaʿăqōḇ or ג 'ייקוב), Moses (Moyses or Moshe or משה or Mōšeh or Mωϋσῆς) etc, has hardly changed despite the thousands of years of history that have passed, why then is it that those who translated the Scriptures decided to change the name of the Messiah into a Greek name so much so that the True Hebrew name of the Messiah is now basically very difficult to determine with 100% accuracy.

g. Finally people have to realise that there is no letter J in the Hebrew language hence there is already a problem with the first letter "J" in the name "Jesus", assuming you even choose to ignore all the points that have been raised up to this point as to the reasons why the name "Jesus" simple could not have been the name of The Messiah (an Hebrew man born as an Isrealite and descendant of Judah).

h. Additionally, the fact that the Apostate Church known as the Catholic Church even chooses to promote, use and sanction the name "Jesus" is already a valid cause for alarm and proper investigation, because every True Bible believer knows that the Catholic Church is nothing more than a Disguised form of Idol Worshipping. Hence whatever they believe in and are promoting should be checked thoroughly according to scriptures because their motives is simply pure evil. (i pity those people born into it and who still choose not to get out of it)

Matthew 28:19

[RNKJV] Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit:

- What is the Name of the Father,
  - What is the Name of the Son,
  - What is the Name of the Holy Spirit,

So please in case you have a contribution to make to this topic, can you kindly help with answering the question: What is the True name of the Messiah, considering that the Scriptures placed a very big emphasis on the Messiah's name in connection with issues of salvation, true worship, baptism and dominion over all forces and forms of evil. Further useful websites include [/color] http://www.eliyah.com/yahushua.html, http://www.yrm.org/yrm-videochannel.htm, and http://yahushua.net/ (take care becus i do not completely endorse everything in those websites).

GIVE YOUR COMMENTS, RESPONSES AND MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTIONS SO THAT ALL BIBLE BELIEVERS COULD BE ALBE TO LEARN AND GROW, CAUSE THIS ENDTIMES IS A DANGEROUS PERIOD, HENCE EVERY MEANS AND OPPORTUNITY TO KNOW THE BIBLICAL TRUTH IS HIGHLY WELCOMED.

THANK YOU.
Re: Serious Bible Study With Seriously Important Consequence: by Truth11: 9:12am On Apr 14, 2009
"Go back and report to John what you have seen and heard: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy[b] are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. 23Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me."

Stumbling at the name of Jesus? I dont consider this worth debating. There are other important and edifying issues.

(1) (Reply)

Imagine No Superstition - De-conversion Of Catholic Priest At Infidelguy Show / How OFFICIAL Christianity Stole Christ / ~logic~ Discovery Or Invention?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.