Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,462 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:47 AM

Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? (2332 Views)

Fake Eggs Now In Abuja. Parents Beware! / 7 Surprising Things You Could Do With Eggs / I Tried Making The Real Adonye Fried Chicken;check Out The Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Yemiolads(f): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
A golden egg is just something different from the regular boiled egg that has the egg-white part and the yolk inside it. It's different just because the albumen and yolk were thoroughly mixed up before cooking and so it ends up yellow (or golden according to the Japanese) - yeah, that simple! Golden eggs are particularly good for picky eaters, especially children who either won't eat egg yolk or egg-white. Now, they will eat it all! This is how you make a golden egg:

All you need to make a Golden egg is:
a raw egg
one leg of socks/stockings

Slip the egg into the stockings and place it half way between the toe and the opening.

Now we scramble! Grab the ends of the nylons, one end in each hand, with the egg suspended in the middle. Begin to twist the nylon around the egg, about 20-25 twists. When it is fully twisted, pull the ends of the nylon apart quickly. The nylon should untwist itself, spinning the egg rapidly.
To check if your egg is properly scrambled, go to a dark room and shine a flashlight through your egg. An unscrambled egg will appear bright and yellow, and you may even see a shadow inside cast by the (still intact) yolk. A properly scrambled egg will be a much darker red color, since the yolk is now mixed with the albumen.

Put the eggs in a pot of lukewarm water until they are just covered. Boil for 6 minutes and then turn off the heat and soak in cold water to stop the cooking (and keep your hands safe).

Golden eggs are usually more difficult to peel than regular ones. To prevent the egg from peeling off with the shell, use the back of a spoon to gently break the shell into small pieces, and then peel it while submerged in a pot of cold water.

Try it out, you'll like it!

Watch a video of how it's done here: http://www.opeyemioladotun..com.ng/2015/09/for-love-of-food-how-to-make-golden-eggs.html

1 Like

Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Pronmix(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
I'm so trying this, looks good.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by BlairMiller123: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2015
Looks very good. I'll try it. Hope I can do that better.
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by nuelzy: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
nice
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
matchew!! maaatttttcccheeeww angry mmaaaaafuckingtttttttcccccchhhew angry angry

I followed all of op's instructions to the letter. OP described it and even attached a pic that looks like an egg that a bite of can cure all the life problems and ailments of an able bodied man. but Alas!! how wrong I was? sad

I placed the egg in the centre of the computer stockings I used to do primary six (which I kept as a souvenir for nmeri17's children and grandchildren) and relentlessly spun the "nylon" like a female cheerleader angry after spinning and winding, I had to visit the basement of my comPAND since that's the darkest and gloomiest abyss where I could do that stupid torch test undecided

I came back upstairs and cooked the egg but not without addition of salt as a precautionary measure to avoid the egg cracking. the salt I added was even more than the food I was gonno eat it with cry and after all that!! see the outcome

immediately I saw the first one looking like the graphic pics of boko haram victims, I cracked the other one small to see if I got lucky with one at least sad sad embarassed

after it was all over, I came back to notice the egg in the thread isn't even Nigerian -- neither is the hand holding it
CONCLUSION
OP IS A SCAMMER AND BUHARI SHOULD COMMENCE HIS PROBING AND ANTI-GRAFT/CRIMINAL PERSECUTING/EXECUTION BY ELECTROCUTION EXERCISE FROM HIM/HER angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Vivly(f): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nmeri17:
matchew!! maaatttttcccheeeww angry mmaaaaafuckingtttttttcccccchhhew angry

I followed all of op's instructions to the letter. OP described it and even attached a pic that looks like an egg that a bite of can cure all the life problems and ailments of an able bodied man. but Alas!! how wrong I was? sad

I placed the egg in the centre of the computer stockings I used to do primary six (which I kept as a souvenir for nmeri17's children and grandchildren) and relentlessly spun the "nylon" like a female cheerleader angry after spinning and winding, I had to visit the basement of my comPAND since that's the darkest and gloomiest abyss where I could do that stupid torch test undecided

I came back upstairs and cooked the egg but not without addition of salt as a precautionary measure to avoid the egg cracking. the salt I added was even more than the food I was gonno eat it with cry and after all that!! see the outcome

immediately I saw the first one looking like the graphic pics of boko haram victims, I cracked the other one small to see if I got lucky with one at least sad sad embarassed

after it was all over, I came back to notice the egg in the pic isn't even Nigerian -- neither is the hand holding it
CONCLUSION
OP IS A SCAMMER AND BUHARI SHOULD COMMENCE HIS PROBING EXERCISE FROM HIM/HER angry angry
You're wasting eggs. Check 'How to Basic' on YouTube to watch amazing videos on awesome stuff to do with eggs. Don't thank me later. Thank me now.
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 4:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
Vivly:

You're wasting eggs. Check 'How to Basic' on YouTube to watch amazing videos on awesome stuff to do with eggs. Don't thank me later. Thank me now.
I really cannot thank you enough for directing me to such an insightful and greatly educative page. I'm indebted to you forever!! kiss
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Vivly(f): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
Nmeri17:
I really cannot thank you enough for directing me to such an insightful and greatly educative page. I'm indebted to you forever!! kiss
You welcome smiley

But seriously, how many videos did you watch?
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Vivly:
You welcome smiley
But seriously, how many videos did you watch?
4 or 5. why??
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Vivly(f): 12:31am On Sep 28, 2015
Nmeri17:
4 or 5. why??
Whoa.. Hope you learnt a thing or two. Just wanted to see how much you could take.
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 1:00am On Sep 28, 2015
Vivly:

Whoa.. Hope you learnt a thing or two.
Just wanted to see how much you could take.
awwww....I learnt a lot. many thanks. I can now cook an egg in just 3seconds without magic, how to toast/woo an egg amongst other things. bye bye to wastage of time and kerosene on trivialities

how about you?? have you learnt how to lay eggs yet
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Vivly(f): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2015
Nmeri17:
awwww....I learnt a lot. many thanks. I can now cook an egg in just 3seconds without magic, how to toast/woo an egg amongst other things. bye bye to wastage of time and kerosene on trivialities

how about you?? have you learnt how to lay eggs yet
I learnt how to walk on eggs,. how to make out with an egg and how to pick a lock with a needle.
The others I learnt were just really nice recipes.
Thank the white brethren for the internet.
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 28, 2015
Vivly:

I learnt how to make out with an egg
shocked
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2015
Vivly:

I learnt how to walk on eggs,. how to make out with an egg and how to pick a lock with a needle.
I totally eggree smiley
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by ovalrose(f): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2015
*rotfwl* kaiii nmeri1...u too mush i swear. ive been laughing like a newly crazed witch since. *wondering why i hadnt followed this thread earlier*
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by homesteady(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2015
Vivly:

gringringrin
And I was already preparing to show off my new egg skills to my friends after watching the videos grin
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nmeri17: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
ovalrose:
*rotfwl* kaiii nmeri17...u too mush i swear. ive been laughing like a newly crazed witch since.
*in Helen Paul's voice ** it's God.... it's God smiley smiley

Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by GIYAZZ(m): 4:11am On Sep 30, 2015
Vivly:

Come here, I want to bang you. Send me a mail. Giyazmusic@Yahoo.com grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by TheRealAdonye(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2015
Loool, What?

Hahahaha

GIYAZZ:
Come here, I want to bang you. Send me a mail. Giyazmusic@Yahoo.com grin
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by GIYAZZ(m): 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
Loool, What?

Hahahaha

Don't mind us. She's my girlfriend. She knows how we roll wink
Re: Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
I love this thread. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Friday Special: How To Prepare Nkwobi / How To Make Homemade Pasta From Scratch By Hand (with Pictures) / Gas Bain Marie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.