Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,415 members, 7,839,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. (808 Views)

DC Queen: Police Arrest 4 Yahoo Boys Over The Killing Of Ghanaian Slay Queen / Police Reacts Over The Killing Of Malaysia-Based Nigerian In Owerri. Pictured / I Take Responsibility For The Killing Of 34 Colleagues: Ex-Cult Leader (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by histemple: 2:47am On Sep 22, 2015
The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Isheri Oshun Police Division, identified as Kenneth, has been redeployed over the killing of a mother of four by a police corporal attached to his station. Kenneth was said to have been queried by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, while the other team members are facing orderly room trial.

It was learnt that Owoseni ordered the DPO’s redeployment after the ugly incident that claimed the life of the woman and injured her husband, Sunday Godwin, who is still lying critically ill at the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Mushin.

The corporal identified as Aremu, who shot Mrs Comfort Godwin, the wife of tricycle operator at Isheri Oshun area of the state, had been charged for murder at Ebute Meta Magistrates’ Court and remanded in prison custody. Before his arraignment in court on Friday, Aremu was given a day orderly room trial, found guilty and dismissed from the police.Godwin, a tricycle operator, wife (Comfort) and four children, were returning from a church programme at Jakande area of Lagos while the policemen on a ‘stop-and-search’ duty flagged them down and demanded a N50 bribe.

But Godwin, who was not carrying passengers but family members, told them he had no money. Angered by his response, Aremu was said to have corked his gun and opened fire on the family. While Godwin and his wife were short, their four children, among them an 11-year-old baby, escaped death by a whisker.

The policemen were said to have jumped inside their patrol van and fled. Passers-by and fellow tricycle operators rushed the couple to the hospital. The woman was said to have died in the process. Speaking on the incident last week, Owoseni said the police would foot Godwin’s medical bill and take care of his children. He also promised that the trigger-happy corporal would be charged for murder while his colleagues would be disciplined. It was learnt that Aremu had, before the incident, taken Monkey Tail (a local gin mixed with Indian hemp). He was probably acting under the influence of alcohol.

Sources from the tricycle operators said Godwin’s colleagues would visit him today at the hospital. “He is one of us; we cannot leave him in his moment of need. We are going to the hospital to check him because since he had been rushed there, we have not been given access to him,” one of them said. When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Joe Offor, confirmed that the DPO had been redeployed. He, however, did not say it was in connection with the killing.

http://newtelegraphonline.com/dpo-removed-over-killing-of-mother-of-four/
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by Imortal001: 2:55am On Sep 22, 2015
Ok
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by DebbyChris(f): 3:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Nawa
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by menix(m): 3:33am On Sep 22, 2015
How I wish I could Lend NPF a leaf of the practice we use:

* The unit head does not go free when issues arises.
* Colleagues around or where attached to your team when the issue played out without nipping the bud are also not spared.
*Then the hammer is certainly landing on the culprit involved.

If NPF can be reformed that an issue causes a ripple effect on other workers, everybody will sit up nd ensure the nxt man to him is doing the right thing, there would be check nd balances.

If am to apply this to the issue at hand, the patrol team won't deny the knowledge that their colleague took some drugs (they get suspension without pay)

The DPO redeployed or final warning for. His non-Chalant attitude on educating nd monitoring his team.

And if possible, any year u get a query, u re not entitled to increment, promotion nd any other benefit.

N.B.. issue are problem or crisis but I prefer using Issues..

1 Like

Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by ademega(m): 4:49am On Sep 22, 2015
these is how things should be done in a normal country.
enough of unknown police or army
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by AlPeter: 4:57am On Sep 22, 2015
Is this for real? Hmmmmm, change is truly here?
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by broxymall(m): 7:12am On Sep 22, 2015
Order for your Casio Edifice Chronograh watch, visit my signature for contact.
Re: DPO Removed Over The Killing Of Mother Of Four. by andyanders: 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Dismissing only him is as useless as keeping others for disciplinary action. Others are as guilty as the guy who pulled the trigger.Why did they enter their car and allowed the said guy go with them? They knowingly did commit the crime with the accused and as such are accessory to the crime and are as guilty as the accused trigger pulling officer.

All of them were involved in the crime because the money they demanded was meant for all of them inclusive of the DPO who has a return for posting them out to mount road block.
I do not blame them but the IG that returned them back on the street.I do not subscribe to the issue that he took Monkey tell or Monkey head that lead him to kill an innocent nursing mother of four because he was under the influence of Alcohol.

90% of police officers drink while on duty.You cannot find that kind of life style like in America for a police officer on duty taking alcohol while on duty. Most times, you see a Nigerian police officers relaxing in a beer joint taking alcohol while on duty.

I have never seen such in most developed countries I have lived or gone to.

A woman has been killed, the husband still in the hospital for committing no crime, just that the IG brought these guys back on the street knowing fully well that police officers only go on the street collecting money.Why not send them to crises areas in order for them to be doing stop and search. Since they were removed from the highways, armed robbery reduced to 95% but since they returned, what we hear is robbery and kidnapping.

It is hard for you to see the police arrest any armed robbers on the scene of a crime, but these men can see through your pocket to know when you have money or where you kept them or be forced to give them money.

(1) (Reply)

More Revelation From The Woman & Her Daughter Killed In Yesterday Festac Robbery / Even Oby Ezekwesili’s Sons Know I Am Not A Rapist, Mustapha Audu Tells His Story / Lover Boy Kills Girlfriend For Shunning Valentine Outing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.