Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Bipolar Disorder - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bipolar Disorder (390 Views)

I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / What You Must Know As Regards Bipolar Disorder / True Fact About Mood Swing (bipolar Disorder ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bipolar Disorder by Gluthatione: 9:49am On Sep 22, 2015
Bipolar disorder sometimes called maniac-depressive disorder, is associated with mood swings that range from lows of depression to the highs of mania.
Although bipolar disorder is a disruptive, long-term condition, you can keep your moods in check by following a treatment plan. In most cases Bipolar disorder can be controlled with medications and psychological counseling(Pschotherapy).
CAUSES
The exact cause of bipolar disorder is unknown but several factors seen to be involved in causing and triggering bipolar episodes.
RISK FACTORS
Factors that may increase the risk of developing bipolar disorder include
*Having blood relatives such as a parent or sibling with bipolar disorder
*Period of high stress
*Drug or alcohol abuse
*Major life changes, such as the death of loved one
TREATMENT
BD requires lifelong treatment, even during the period when you feel better.Treatment is usually guided by a psychiatrist skilled in treating the condition
LIFESTYLE AND HOME REMEDIES
*Quit drinking or using illegal drugs
* Steer clear of unhealthy relationship
* Get regular exercisr
* Get plenty of sleep
source : https://www.facebook.com/NaijaHealthForum

(1) (Reply)

Banana Is Good For Your Health( Read This Now)! / Need Help *i'm Having Seeping Issue* / Top To Toe- The Top 10 Health Conditions Men SHOULD Be Aware Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.