Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? (38741 Views)

Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together / Shakira/omarion/kelly Rowland and Neyo Are Headed To Nigeria: / Neyo's Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by OneNaija(m): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2009

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by tpia: 11:57pm On Apr 14, 2009
Nigerians are on a mission to ruin wikipedia's reputation the same way they ruined Nigeria's reputation. undecided
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Kenezi: 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2009
Desperation.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2009
Serena had a maternal (deceased) sister named Shola. How does this make her a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Apr 15, 2009
A-town:

Serena had a maternal (deceased) sister named Shola. How does this make her a Nigerian?
Not shola but yetunde

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by udezue(m): 6:37pm On Apr 15, 2009
lol
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by proudly9ja(m): 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2009
Kenezi:

Desperation.

I don't think there is any sign of desperation here. I also do not However, I must add that Serena and Neyo with all due respect to them, being Nigerians or not should mean nothing. Nigeria has got loads of well known personalities within and outside Nigeria (didn't Soyinka win a Nobel prize or did Bill Clinton not call Phillip Emeagwali 'a father of the internet',? the list is endless). Last time I checked, isn't SEAL also a Nigerian? Being a Nigerian is not the issue, its what you do for your country that is the issue. IMO, the guy who labours everyday cleaning the highway in Nigeria for a minimum wage salary of 7,500naira is more Nigerian than a world renowned artiste who doesn't care about his country.

PS: I do not think Serena is Nigerian. I actually think she is camerounian. I may be wrong but I remember a particular world cup competition where she had the camerounian flag embedded on her shorts in solidarity with the football team. I also think this issue of her Natinality came up when she lost Yetunde, her sister and I think it was cleared then that she they are not Nigerians. I may be wrong.

We need to stop posting wikipedia links here as it isnt an authoritative source.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by duabba: 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2009
If having a kinda name gives me another nationality, I better change my name to Bush, Wilderness or Desertson just to lose being Nigerian.

Seriously, if the basis for Serena being presumed Nigerian is the name her sister bears then it holds no water but for Neyo, that flat head might qualify him to be igbo. No offence!!
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by jaybee3(m): 7:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
afam4eva:

Not shola but yetunde
Yetunde Price

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by xterra2(m): 7:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
OneNaija:

Read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_Americans

But it has been removed maybe it is a hoax,they aren't Nigerians
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Pepeye(f): 10:30pm On Apr 15, 2009
Little wonder, success begets many relatives
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Ndipe(m): 2:11am On Apr 16, 2009
Very soon, dem fit write say obama commot naija. wink
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by OREAWADOO: 9:18am On Apr 17, 2009
i no read the link but she get IBADAN WOMEN BACKSIDE that is proof she is from Ibadan
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by akinalabi(m): 12:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
OREAWADOO:

i no read the link but she get IBADAN WOMEN BACKSIDE that is proof she is from Ibadan

Ibadan women backside not dey thick like that. Ibadan women's
backside is more of heavy than thick. grin
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by chidichris(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2009
yes even this morning i come across an information that reveals that bush and pope john paul are all nigerians.
what about saddam hussien and robert mugabe? to me, these two are more qualified to be nigerians.
janet jackson and micheal jackson are all nigerians.
have u heard that obasanjo is from america?
the author of this thread can do anything. how can u try to involve serena and neyo in a country everybody is running away from?
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2009
afam4eva:

Not shola but yetunde

The point was to show that anyone can post anything on forums as well as wikipedia. It is up to the reader to verify the authenticity of information displayed. grin
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Hotstepper(f): 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
I knew Neyo is cuz he was at Enugu-ukwu last xmas live and direct
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Jarus(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2009
Is anybody disputing the Williams having Badagry, Lagos origin? Isn't this well-known? I'm surprised seeing many people dispute it here. It came into fore when their sister, Yetunde died, I think, few years ago.

Source? I can't quote any now. But even recently I read somewhere that they were planning visiting Naija as root-coming.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by MrCrackles(m): 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2009
Topic

Whatever!

OBAMA is from Kano too!
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by BobiJoe: 1:13pm On Apr 18, 2009
@poster
if they are nigerians, so what? it means nothing.

as 4 serena, remember yetunde is just her stepsister and should not be used as proof for williams nigerianship

4 neyo, undecided whatever even if he is nigerian makes no difference to me wink
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by landwin: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2009
Micheal Jackson is from Imo State grin
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by ladykool(f): 1:49am On Apr 19, 2009
i hate threads like this
@poster
so wat if they are nigerian! we should rejoice as if they pay u money to look for all the american celebs nigerians u will say
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 19, 2009
Jarus:

Is anybody disputing the Williams having Badagry, Lagos origin? Isn't this well-known? I'm surprised seeing many people dispute it here. It came into fore when their sister, Yetunde died, I think, few years ago.

Source? I can't quote any now. But even recently I read somewhere that they were planning visiting Naija as root-coming.

There is a difference between having a Nigerian origin and being a Nigerian.
Of course all african americans came from west africa!!!!!!!!!!!!
The fact that Nigeria is the most populous in west africa and africa probably indicates that 70% of the slaves came from Nigeria. There is a greater chance that any african american in originally from Nigeria, than any other african nation.
Badagry, like other coastal areas in Nigeria was a point of entry for the slave masters so know one is disputing that.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by mamagee3(f): 1:47am On Mar 11, 2011
Spread this lies somewhere else, please!

Serena Williams is an american, she has no connection with nigeria.

Neyo isn't even debatable, who has been filling this poster with lies? undecided
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 12, 2011
I heard that neyo is from Nigerian descent as his middle name is chimere
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by fredoooooo: 11:46am On Mar 12, 2011
Pepeye:

Little wonder, success begets many relatives

my great granmother and him great grand father they are cousin , story dont start if hes a robber now nobody go know am  grin grin grin ,  Even germans are trying to deny Hitler just that its not possible ,
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by hottyspice: 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2011
So wat?they are not nigerians but nigeria descent.serena,venus,nas,adewale,taio cruz,seal and among others,just cos they are nigeria descent doesn't make dem nigerians,do they carry our foolish international passport?I dnt think so,so their nationality is wateva they claim,they just can't change their descent.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Larrylarex(m): 12:23am On Aug 11, 2011
I dont know of Serena or Neyo but I know that Chamillionaire is a Nigerian, in fact he is from Ijebu his real is Lateef Seriki
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by amblors(m): 2:31am On Aug 11, 2011
Na wa o, i heard Neyo is Nigerian , but it was on wikipedia, and wikipedia[b] is not sufficient proof.[/b]
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by 9jagirl4re(f): 6:08am On Feb 03, 2012
Interview Angel: A lot of the visitors want to know if you have any Nigerian Ancestry,
Ne-yo:: Nigerian ancestry? Not that I know of.
Angel: yeah a lot of people asked that.
Ne-yo: I’m black and Chinese.
Angel: Oh okay,
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by dynamicsvoice: 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2012
it's hard to belief serena williams and neyo are nigerian. i need to carry out my due diligence. www.dynamicsvoice..com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yomi SARS Blasted For Flaunting AK47 Online / Actress, Iyabo Ojo & Her Daughter, Priscilla Look Like Sisters In New Photos / Wizkid Waves, Shakes Street Fans From His Car & An Excited Fan Refuses To Let Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.