Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together (28887 Views)

[PHOTOS]meet Cristiano Ronaldo's Girlfriend On A Rare Red Carpet Appearance / Serena Williams And Her Dangerous Curves Hit The Beach(photos) / Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by e36991: 7:39pm On Apr 07, 2010
[size=16pt]Serena Williams dwarfs her boyfriend Common
as they make a rare red carpet appearance together[/size]

Thirty-Love: Serena Williams and partner Common are pictured on the red carpet
at the premiere of new comedy Date Night at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York

Serena Williams and her boyfriend are a rare sight on the red carpet, but they looked quite at home at the premiere of his new movie.

The tennis pro and rap star Common, real name Lonnie Rashid Lynn, made an appearance at the opening of Date Night at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York.

And Serena cut an imposing figure in towering heels, dwarfing her 38-year-old partner, who plays Detective Collins in the new comedy.

She even took to Twitter to mention the heels, which boosted her frame several inches above that of her partner

The Wimbledon champion tweeted: 'Wearing the highest heels ever crazy!!!'

She also thanked stylist Nikki Burchiere for her jacket, by the late Alexander McQueen.

Miss Williams matched her heels with an understated, long-sleeved LBD, complete with a navy blue Alexander McQueen waistcoat and her hair cut into a stylish fringe.

While Common wore a striped shirt with a grey tie, cardigan and trainers and a pair of dark blue jeans.

The rap star has carved out a successful acting career for himself over the last few years taking on roles in films such as Smokin' Aces and American

Comedy role: Common, as Detective Collins, with Jimmi Simpson
in Date Night which hits cinemas in the UK later this month

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1264149/Serena-Williams-dwarfs-boyfriend-Common-make-rare-red-carpet-appearance-together.html#ixzz0kRNiWSP5
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by oge4real(f): 7:45pm On Apr 07, 2010
The day serena will wear a nice hair do, I will give thanks to God.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 8:14pm On Apr 07, 2010
Aww, but it's the hair that I like cheesy. Blonde fringes are in, Beyonce had a nice one for the Haiti live performance.

But for we that know Common very well shocked shocked, for a woman to dwarf him like this, she must be an Amazon!! This girl should try and lose weight abeg, and stop lifting weights or what ever is adding to her muscle mass!! And no more high heels!! Ok, maybe an inch or two.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 8:16pm On Apr 07, 2010
PS, is that a baby bump the woman is showing off in that LBD, or is that a burger belly?? Jeez!! With so much money I know what I'd look like! A million bucks, at least tongue.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by e36991: 8:40pm On Apr 07, 2010
[size=14pt]Common - Testify [/size]                                                               [size=14pt]Common - Come Close ft. Mary J. Blige [/size]
[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZRH68Ib1Ko&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]  [flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbbRrNHJ4Lg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by oge4real(f): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2010
@maeden, the hair may be en vogue, but it does not sit well on her at all. You surely are not trying to compare it on Beyonce wt Serena?
She should probably go for a complete bald look since every hairdo looks like a disasster on her.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2010
oge4real:

@maeden, the hair may be en vogue, but it does not sit well on her at all. You surely are not trying to compare it on Beyonce wt Serena?
She should probably go for a complete bald look since every hairdo looks like a disasster on her.

babe, make I no lie, this is the BEST hairdo I have ever seen on this chick, and that's the truth. You know her head is big, so it'll be hard for any wig (I'm sure that's what she has on) to fit her. If it's a weave-on, then it's still ok. We girls with large head have to make do you know cheesy.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by shotster50(m): 1:51am On Apr 08, 2010
Poster you are right. Serena dwarfs Common,    with her 10 inch shoes.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 08, 2010
but these two have been seen kissing and frolicking for yrs (since she appeared in his video in 2007).
everybody knew they were together and they sure didnt try to hide it.

she had some "tough" competition in that video shoot though:

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfTS8bd05o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

from the pics below, we can clearly see that without these insanely high heels (flat shoes instead), she is shorter than the guy:

Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 8:38am On Apr 08, 2010
^^^^^^^
Lol. No, she is not "shorter" than Common. The correct term should be, she's not as tall. Cos that babe is big. Most ladies won't reach up to his shoulder. For her to look him eye to eye like this, she gotta be freaking tall.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^^^you are right, i just read the guy is 6'1. makes you wonder how tall she is when she puts on these crazy heels.

so i will rephrase as: Serena isnt as tall as Common! LOL
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^you are right, i just read the guy is 6'1. makes you wonder how tall she is when she puts on these crazy heels.

so i will rephrase as: Serena isnt as tall as Common! LOL

Good one wink.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Basics007: 8:26am On Apr 16, 2010
Never knew she was dating Common. Hmmm. What do they say about celebrity weddings again?
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Nobody: 12:35am On Jun 12, 2010
Basics007:

Never knew she was dating Common. Hmmm. What do they say about celebrity weddings again?

before they get to the wedding they have to still be dating. Common confirmed today that he is a single man again and that after 2 yrs together, they simply "drifted apart"!!!!!!

i think Alicia and her baby daddy are next!
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 12, 2010
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by shilling(f): 7:21am On Jun 12, 2010
Yeah, sad. They broke up - they looked good together. If they really broke up though, the media is contradicting.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by puskin: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2010
All these celebrity unions just dont work. . . . . only Beckham vs Victoria and Jay-z vs Beyonce is still or appears to be still working
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by spicyhoney(f): 10:54am On Jun 12, 2010
The hair looks cool on her.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by vanitty: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2010
Serena need not lose any weight  she looks perfect the way she is
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Outstrip(f): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2010
It sounds like it hurts maeden to see Serena. LOL. serena is not freakishly tall. She is 5 ft 9 inches. There are women who are 6 ft and nobody acts like they are freakish in anyway. Serena is muscular and will probably stay muscular as long as she plays sports and exercises. Body wise she is no different from Khloe Kardashian. She just happens to have to stay active to stay on top of her game.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2010
Outstrip:

It sounds like it hurts maeden to see Serena. LOL. serena is not freakishly tall. She is 5 ft 9 inches. There are women who are 6 ft and nobody acts like they are freakish in anyway. Serena is muscular and will probably stay muscular as long as she plays sports and exercises. Body wise she is no different from Khloe Kardashian. She just happens to have to stay active to stay on top of her game.

HUH??

Have I in any way given that impression?? I do believe I only had good things to say about Serena in all my posts. Don't get it twisted abeg.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by luchidolls(f): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2010
FL Gators:

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/253296_commonserena-1_jpge89ab1b0909aa048ed87c05f9750f199[/img]

I like her style in this pix. Hawt!
i was gonna say dat.d white shorts,d flats. cool
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by spikedcylinder: 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2010
This is the first time I'll see her look pretty and much attention is taken away from her butt.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by luchidolls(f): 3:30pm On Jun 13, 2010
spikedcylinder:

This is the first time I'll see her look pretty and much attention is taken away from her butt.
it's prolly cos we dnt av a rear view cheesy
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Kunbee: 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2010
They look good together
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Osama10(m): 2:47am On Jun 14, 2010
Looking good together.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Pamperme: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2010
A.s.s like that  wink
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by favouredjb(f): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
too bad they had to break up
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by favouredjb(f): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2010
Too bad they had to braek up
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by maedan(f): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
So they've broken up? This Common won't stay in one place. He should stop dating celebs if he can't keep a relationship. As long as he dates a star, we will always hear about the start and the end. Now he's living up to his name and is getting too "common" for my liking.
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by Abbygyal(f): 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2010
cute. . . . common is hawtt she is as well . .even though some of her hairstyles r sickening! love her stilL!
Re: Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together by mamagee3(f): 12:38am On Jun 17, 2010
I'm getting sick and tired of seeing her pictures all over th einternet.

It's pissing me off.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Mum React As Alexreports Dedicates Award To Regina's / Sola Sobowale Rocks Agbada To Future Awards (photos) / Gideon Okeke: "I Love Older Women Who Are Grown & Sexy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.