Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Steering Hooked - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Steering Hooked (1280 Views)

Sales Of Steering Lock Double As Drivers Go Low-Tech To Beat Hiā€‘Tech Car Thieves / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steering Hooked by adekanmbi1986(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Dear engineers and experts in the house, greetings to you all. Hope you had a nice weekend ? Please kindly enlighten me on what might be the cause of steering being hooked while on motion. Thanks.
Re: Steering Hooked by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
1. If your fan belt that drives the power steering cuts during motion
2. if your steering oil is low or has leaked out through a burst pipe or through the steering rack or elsewhere.
3. If your engine stalls during motion
4. If your wrist is paining you grin

Oya make una add una own

1 Like

Re: Steering Hooked by mayor2013: 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
adekanmbi1986:
Dear engineers and experts in the house, greetings to you
all. Hope you had a nice weekend ? Please kindly enlighten
me on what might be the cause of steering being hooked
while on motion. Thanks.

Am sorry I may not be able to help you. Pls state the name of car, engine size. That would help navigate better
Re: Steering Hooked by adekanmbi1986(m): 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
mayor2013:

Am sorry I may not be able to help you. Pls state the name of car, engine size. That would help navigate better

It is a Toyota-Landrover Freelander : Landrover Freelander body with a V4 Toyota Camry engine.
Re: Steering Hooked by diportivo: 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
adekanmbi1986:

It is a Toyota-Landrover Freelander : Landrover Freelander body with a V4 Toyota Camry engine.

Toyota-landrover freelander? shocked shocked

Siena,pls help us out

3 Likes

Re: Steering Hooked by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
adekanmbi1986:

For the umpteenth time, it's an I4 engine, NOT a V4.

As for your steering issues, I may be able to help. I will need clear pictures of the engine bay.

1 Like

Re: Steering Hooked by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
@Siena; I will snap and send to you. Thanks
Re: Steering Hooked by nurey(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
Do you hear a KPOM sound when you move the steering?
Re: Steering Hooked by tunergy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
nurey:
Or the Kpa kpa kpa
Re: Steering Hooked by DECOtech(m): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2015
adekanmbi1986:
Dear engineers and experts in the house, greetings to you
all. Hope you had a nice weekend ? Please kindly enlighten
me on what might be the cause of steering being hooked
while on motion. Thanks.

what car are we talking about and what steering technology does it have? ... manual, powered, or drive by wire?
Re: Steering Hooked by kingreign(m): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2015
adekanmbi1986:

if youre in Lagos, take the car to Mayor or Nurey. Theyre experts in freeanders.
My workshop is in abuja and we dont work freelanders, we reject them.
Re: Steering Hooked by mayor2013: 9:16am On Sep 25, 2015
kingreign:

if youre in Lagos, take the car to Mayor or Nurey. Theyre experts in freeanders.
My workshop is in abuja and we dont work freelanders, we reject them.

The "op" has to wait. By the time toyota & landrover enters into a partnership deal to produce cars. Then we can take in the job. But as for now he either contacts toyota or freelander wink

1 Like

Re: Steering Hooked by adekanmbi1986(m): 1:44am On Oct 12, 2015
nurey:
Yes
Re: Steering Hooked by nurey(m): 6:03am On Oct 12, 2015
adekanmbi1986:

Yes

Kingreign and mayor2013 over to you.

@op, I doubt if any serious minded gurus here will touch your ride, cause you now drive what can be termed as a contraption. Still you have not given pix and done justice to the query at hand, let's know whether the steering rack is the OEM landrover own or was removed from the donating car (toyota) then also check whether when the steering stiffs, the car has stalled (Stalled means engine switches off not running but dash board lights still stay on).

if you can answer all this then we will direct you on how to direct your mechanic to fix the problem. Pix will also be required as stated by siena

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Experience With Nissan Tiida / SOLD!!! Tin-can Cleared 2010 Cleared Toyota Corolla S / See The Stunning 2020 BMW M8 Promises Heavyweight Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.