Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,124 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Kentucky Clerk Rejects Gay Marriage License Again As Invalid - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kentucky Clerk Rejects Gay Marriage License Again As Invalid (454 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Emir Of Bauchi Rejects Pastor Adeboye's Courtesy Visit To His Palace(pics) / T.B Joshua Rejects Offering Of $1000 From Swiss Woman. See Why. PICS/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kentucky Clerk Rejects Gay Marriage License Again As Invalid by TheGreenDay: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
The county clerk from Kentucky who went to jail rather than issue marriage licenses to gay couples said the licenses being granted by her staff are invalid, according to an interview that aired on Tuesday.

"I can't put my name on a license that doesn't represent what God ordained what marriage to be," Davis said in a television interview with ABC News, taped on Monday.
"They're not valid in God's eyes, for one," she said of licenses her staff has begun issuing. "I have given no authority to write a marriage license. They did not have my permission, they did not have my authorization."

Davis, 50, has said her Christian beliefs prevent her from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples. She was released on the condition that she not interfere with the issuance of marriage licenses.

Davis added that she was prepared to return to jail over the controversy, according to ABC. She returned to work on Sept. 14 after a five-day stint in jail for refusing to issue any marriage licenses following a Supreme Court ruling in June that made gay marriage legal across the United States.

On Monday, lawyers for couples suing Davis said that she made material changes to the forms since returning to work and is not in compliance with a federal court order.

Issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples in Kentucky and other U.S. states has become the latest flash point in the nation's long-running debate over gay marriage.
In the wide-ranging interview from Morehead, Kentucky, Davis said she should keep her post, saying: "I'm good at my job."

"My constituents elected me, but the main authority that rules my life is the Lord," Davis told ABC, speaking alongside one of her lawyers.

She defended her actions and rejected criticism that she is a hypocrite and a homophobe for her actions and for citing her religious beliefs to deny marriages even as she has been married four times and had some children out of wedlock.

"I'm forgiven. Washed clean," she said.

Mat Staver, an attorney for Davis, has said she has made a good faith effort to comply with U.S. District Judge David Bunning's order.

http://metropolexpress.com/entertainment/lifestyle/item/5070-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-rejects-gay-marriage-licenses-as-invalid

1 Like

Re: Kentucky Clerk Rejects Gay Marriage License Again As Invalid by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Beta Woman! Satan is turning the world upside down and people are supporting it. Gay men and woman are not ashamed to talk and fight for their "rights" on TV. . . and the same satanic scientists that the devil used to enforce the superiority mentality in the name of evolution have once again backed it up, saying being gay is normal.

No wonder they don't like Dr. Ben Carson in the US. They prefer someone who will say being gay is normal. They don't want a solution to their problems, they want to ruin the world.

God knows that when some humans have fed well, they will start begging for God's destruction.

Sodom and Gomorrah is here...

(1) (Reply)

The Blending Of Gnosticism And Orisha Worship. / Why Do We Have More Prayer Warriors Than Ceos / Is God Really Kind??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.