Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin (1764 Views)

A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by PRINCESSO2: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
1 Corinthians 10:31-Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
IF FOOTBALL IS JUST A VAIN SPORTS THAT INSTEAD OF BRING GLORY TO GOD IS INSTEAD TAKING THE PLACE OF GOD IN SOME HEARTS OF MEN(YOU HEAR OF PEOPLE KILLING THEMSELVES OVER FOOTBALL) THEN IT IS Wrong.
1 Corinthians 8:13 -Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
Many hearts of men instead of loving God with all their hearts can love football more than God. They spend more time on football than worship ping Our God,making them stumble .Football therefore is making our brothers stumble.
Luke 10:27- And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Anything that takes the place of God in our hearts is a sin. And we must avoid anything that causes our brother to stumble because Mark 12:31-And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Even if football is not an obsession with you,if it is causing others to stumble,like obsess over it or even commit suicide because their team lost, then the Christ like thing to do will be to give it up if you want to make heaven. Lots of people have to give up other addictions in their life too like immoral movies,smoking(as it could take the place of God in some lives,i myself gave up manga) and anything that causes people to stumble.
Remember- Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
You can give it up. REMEMBER-Matthew 7
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it
I even heard that football is demonic in at least one video of the supernational .1 Corinthians 10:21-Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

ALSO WHEN YOU FEEL TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL TO DO THESE THINGS SPEAK THESE THINGS,DO WHAT JESUS DID WHEN TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL HE SPOKE THE WORD.
What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil

He spoke the word of God. Matthew 4
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Yes,we need the word of God.The bible says-James 4:7-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
An example is if you feel tempted with lust then say God words- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28

SO IF YOU FEEL LIKE WATCHING FOOTBALL SAY-1 Corinthians 8:13 -Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
Mark 12:31-And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by ammyluv2002(f): 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Op, pls stop dis jor!

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by ikbnice(m): 8:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
pastor pastor! Football is a sin, abi? What about handball? grin

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by SeverusSnape(m): 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
ikbnice:
What about basketball? grin
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by marshalcarter: 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
ikbnice:
GBAM.......help me ask him oo grin
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by ikbnice(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
SeverusSnape:
What about basketball? grin
i think O.P is clueless or 'misinformed'.
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by McCarlito(m): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
The Chronicles of a "confused" mortal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by adwem2003(m): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is why expiry date should be on weeds.

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by MrOra(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Op stop interpreting what you don't understand please. This is just a show of enthusiasm put in the wrong direction, channel it somewhere else. Bible said there's time for everything, to work and to play. With what you're saying sef there's no time to work because it's not directed to God.

Please lalasticala or whoever is in charge do away with this thread before the wrong eyes see it and turn it into a religious warfare

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Na only football? In fact the whole Olympic game is a sin? Even eating is a sin. Lemme ask u, how many times have u eaten to the glory of God?

2 Likes

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by femidejulius(m): 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
Has it ever occur to u, OP, dt nairaland;the medium through which you just informed us about football being a sin is also a sin?U know, many people will be in church and still be opening pages on nairaland.

Do you know that going to school is a sin as people ought to worship their creator with their hearts and might and yet ppl use most part of their early life to attend school thereby using very little time for church?

Do you know that u are also at least guilty of one of the above cited 'sins'?

Too much of everything is bad. It is time you reduced the time you use for religious things and mix and mingle so u can have a balanced view of life. Life is so complex that religion is only one part of it.

As long as you obey the ten commandments, wc summary is Love God and love your neighbour as yourself, you should be okay instead of trying to classify football as a sin. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by lampardizik(m): 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Oga do you know that you can use it as an avenue to win souls??

And what do you know the meaning of sin?

Find the message of Pastor Chris "the concept of sin"

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by lomprico(m): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Another one has been let loose again undecided
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by SurefireAsoOke: 9:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
No Thread/ Topic We No Go C For Nairaland
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by vicque(f): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Tell that poster that
His abi na her phone is sin

He or she should throwaway the phone he is using to type this bull crrap into the lagoon
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by chefremy(m): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
story for the gods o....
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by RealAdewole(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
if football is a sin, browsing the internet nko?
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by plappville(f): 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
MrOra:
Op stop interpreting what you don't understand please. This is just a show of enthusiasm put in the wrong direction, channel it somewhere else. [size=14pt]Bible said there's time for everything, to work and to play. With what you're saying sef there's no time to work because it's not directed to God. [/size]
Please lalasticala or whoever is in charge do away with this thread before the wrong eyes see it and turn it into a religious warfare

True talk... grin grin

But i agree with some of OP points. I think many people are over replacing football with thier free time with God. And some are worshiping football stars. My friend husband would not eat or listen to anyone in the house once its football match. Because he just cant stand not watching The all Messy.. shocked

1 Like

Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by fayvah(m): 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
mumu bcuz dem no accept u 4 academy shae
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by maputohq: 6:33am On Sep 23, 2015
plappville:

True talk... grin grin

But i agree with some of OP points. I think many people are over replacing football with thier free time with God. And some are worshiping football stars. My friend husband would not eat or listen to anyone in the house once its football match. Because he just cant stand not watching The all Messy.. shocked
I also agree with his points, but they do not fit his arguement. That people do not eat to the glory of God doesn't make eating sinful.
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by MrOra(m): 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
plappville:

True talk... grin grin

True Sha... I know how I feel when my team loses. But God is still 1st. No team plays their match on Sunday morning, that should yell the op something too.
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by beright: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Op when football becomes a god in one's life it bcomes sin. Some ppl will leave church to go and watch ball exalting it above God deceiving themselves that nothing is wrong with so doing. God's ppl perish for lack of knowledge"
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
The OP was on the way to making sense but he lost his bearing.
Football is not a sin; based on your logic everything on earth is a sin.
Loving something above God is what makes it sin. Not everyone takes football viewing / playing to the extreme.
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by Judas2013: 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lol
Re: Christains,I think That Football Is A Sin by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
Shows how useless the bible is

(1) (Reply)

Subhana Rabbi Iblis - Satanist Art And Architecture / Theist: Is Everything God's Will Or Is There Freewill? / Do You Hope To See Real Miracles? Here They Are!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.