Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,311 members, 7,957,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns (1317 Views)

We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members / 3 Corpers In Benue Found Missing Money & Returned It,NYSC DG Did This 4 Them / Nysc D.g Bans Concessional Posting For Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by Onyeka32(m): 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
The Director General, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig-Gen. Johnson Olawumi, has disclosed that the scheme would no longer entertain request from people, seeking for concessional posting for their wards, relatives and friends for mobilisation during the NYSC mandatory one year national service.

*NYSC members
Olawumi, who was speaking during the opening ceremony of the training organised by the NYSC and the Housing Developers, Cooperative Society for Corps Members at the NYSC Orientation Camp Kubwa, Abuja stated that the scheme has introduced a self deployment mechanism to enable the prospective corps members choose a state, where they wished to serve.
The DG while urging members of the public to stop disturbing staff of the scheme with their requests for concession, disclosed that their online platform was designed in a way that corps members that had a genuine reason for concession, would not be denied.
“The NYSC is barring concessional posting, we have to take that decision, because in the past, we allowed concessional posting for prospective corps members, who have medical challenge, or married women or pregnant women, but as it stands now, our online registration platform has been designed in such away to address the problem of those prospective corps members who have health challenges or married women.
“So, all they need to do is that, in the process of doing their registration, there are information these categories of people need to supply and upload the documents, our portal has been designed in such a way that it will automatically post them to where they filled.
“I want to say that in the past few weeks we have been receiving requests from various quarters; ministries, departments, agencies, private institutions and individuals seeking for concessional posting. I want to say that they are just wasting their time,” he stated.
The NYSC DG explained that the training for the corps members organised by the scheme and the Housing Developers’ Cooperative Society was aimed at training and graduating skilled manpower in housing sector.
“The inauguration of 200 youth corps members for training in special areas of labour need in the housing development sector reaffirms our pledge to give useful skills to every willing graduate partaking in the national service,” he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/stop-disturbing-nysc-staff-for-concessional-posting-dg-warns/

Re: Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by djcliff(m): 11:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
ok we hear
Re: Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by lordchiz(m): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
It can Neva stop

1 Like

Re: Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by Onyeka32(m): 12:12am On Sep 23, 2015
lordchiz:
It can Neva stop
you nor want make 9ja better
Re: Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by IsiAbuncha(m): 9:28am On Sep 29, 2015
Onyeka32:

Forget that talk! Working ur service to state of ur choice no be bad thing, can u tell me dat the DG's relatives will be posted randomly as well? Won't they get the exact choice of state they won't?! Leave am jare!
Re: Stop Disturbing NYSC Staff For Concessional Posting, DG Warns by slap1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
Onyeka32:

Choosing a place you wish to stay and serve your country better is not a bad thing. I'm still waiting for them to make this thing optional.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help On The Medical Report / My NYSC Camp Experience / NYSC: Good Or Bad Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.