Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? (2724 Views)

Where To Learn Graphic And Web Designing / How Do I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? / Learn Graphic Design For FREE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by oyetpel(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2015
I want be producing a magazine, but before that i want to design a prototype to take to people that will help me finance it, i mean sponsors, so am thinking of how i can design it, cos i dont know how much a graphic designer will charge me for it.
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by rotlan(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
Well, it depends on the software you want to learn for your graphics and also the rate at which you assimilate. Personally, I would have advised you go online(youtube) to get tutorials on the particular graphics software you will use but I'd rather find someone to be physically there to teach me then use the tutorial gotten online to complement it. It may not come cheap but it's an investment to develop your skills. So my dear bro, the ball is now in your court.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by oyetpel(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
rotlan:
Well, it depends on the software you want to learn for your graphics and also the rate at which you assimilate. Personally, I would have advised you go online(youtube) to get tutorials on the particular graphics software you will use but I'd rather find someone to be physically there to teach me then use the tutorial gotten online to complement it. It may not come cheap but it's an investment to develop your skills. So my dear bro, the ball is now in your court.
thanks bro, can u recommend a graphics software that i can buy in market 4 me? i av downloaded some youtube videos, all of them dont mention anytin about the software they r using, but i notice ps, photoshop and indesign at the top left hand side of the software. so pls, recommend a nice software 4 me.
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by rotlan(m): 8:01am On Sep 24, 2015
Go for either Adobe indesign or QuarkXpress. You can download QuarkXpress online..
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by oyetpel(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2015
rotlan:
Go for either Adobe indesign or QuarkXpress. You can download QuarkXpress online..
:ok, thanks.
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
—-
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by Alhajipablo(m): 10:05am On Oct 20, 2016
laideh:
For magazine, you'll use Adobe Indesign. For the cover design, you'll use Photoshop or Illustrator, both.

I have vedio tutorials for fundamentals that will teach everything including each tool usages and functions, and you can later use YouTube tutorials to complement them.

I have graphic design softwares, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop CS6 , Adobe Indesign CS6, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Fireworks CS6.
I'm also interested
Can all these softwares do what corel draw does?

Let's chat 09096709525
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2018
—-
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by softtegs(m): 6:43am On Sep 14, 2018
[quote author=oyetpel post=38293451]I want be producing a magazine, but before that i want to design a prototype to take to people that will help me finance it, i mean sponsors, so am thinking of how i can design it, cos i dont know how much a graphic designer will charge me for it.[/quote

Contact me on this number 08132318022, I have something for you.
Re: Can I Learn Graphic Design On My Own? by Offpoint: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2018
softtegs:
grin do you bother to check the year this thread was created? by now the guy should be a professional.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Design A Free Business Logo/flyer For Me? / Check Out The Flyers N Posters I Made With My Phone / Realistic Pencil Drawings By Christian Joe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.