Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Kolonjiya: My Beating Experience. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kolonjiya: My Beating Experience. (490 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kolonjiya: My Beating Experience. by Xbee007(m): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2015
"The Beating of My Life"
This wasn't done by my father, mother, teacher, relative or anyone with the authority to scold one when one goes wrong in any Nigeria society. This was done by my Secondary School mate... Although several years ago it still seems like yesterday...

***********Introduction***********
*Kolonjiya (entry in between your leg = beating). It is a game that is mostly played in Nigerian Secondary Schools.*
It all started one fateful afternoon during the school's short-break, we assembled our self on the field and was about to start the usual break ritual, Kolonjiya. The rules are simple:
*Never let the ball enter in between your legs. (By ball, I mean, bobo bottle, table water bottles, or anything plastic that can be kicked).
*If it does, find something to touch. (Something ranges from tree, wall or ladies backyard-if you know what mean).
I am not a novice in this game but despite my years of unrelentless participation I have never been a victim of beating before. And I have never beaten anyone before (don't ask me to swear). On that fateful day, the game started as usual, there was a lot of kicking here and there but I stood my ground, with my leg tightly closed only moving when the need arose. Few minutes into the game the ball entered a friend’s leg and we all did our duty before he could find a wall to touch. After the beating the game began again and I could see the boy that we just beat joining the game as if nothing happened.
As usual I was behind following the game with my leg sealed tight. Out of nowhere I saw an orange rolling towards me. Were we playing orange? I made to kick it but it entered my kolo in the process.
Before I could answer that question, rain of 'abara' started pouring in from all angle. It was as if they were using planks. (Don't blame them most of them are on revenge mission.) The hand multiplied within seconds and it was very difficult accepting the fact that the hands were humans because it felt so "iron manly".

Nairalanders, share your experience: whether while participating in the beating ritual or being beating.

(1) (Reply)

A Broken Heart Message / Money Matter / Life Chapter...Episode One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.