Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) (1991 Views)

Are U Afraid of loss in Poultry Biz ??Think Noiler! / Profitability Of Pig Farming In Nigeria / Profitability Of Broilers & Layers Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by Gozychuks(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
So last year i ran at a loss doing poultry biz. I really burnt my fingers, said i wasnt going venture into it again as i remember what i spent on the birds. However, i didnt run a loss because my birds died but because i could not recoup the expenses i made feeding my birds (broilers). The penultimate year i did 100 broilers and that was my first time and i did make profit, so I decided to double it last year. It was just like last year was jinxed; cost of feed skyrocketed: so i thought there will be an equivalent rise when selling the birds. But to my utmost dissappointment no such thing happened. But instead the price fell as people where complaining; no money! no money!!. Before i knew it I was selling my birds at almost below cost price and some below cost price. I was devastated and decided not to do it this year...
I know i made some mistakes as regards marketing but last year was a peculiar year as almost every farmer i know where all complaining.

So this year i am thinking of doing a pilot project with some broilers on this forum, posting pics of them and regularly updating so that others can learn how to go about raising the birds without burning your fingers. So i am using this opportunity to call on the experts here to come and participate in this project with your expert suggestions on best practices and how to maximize profit without compromising on quality.
We need to answer a few questions 1. where will the birds be bought from. 2. What feed will be used. 3. what is the target market. 4. what programme will be run. is it 9, 10, or 12 weeks etc. 5. what is the target weight and anticipated selling price. 6. budget per 100 birds or 50 birds or 25 birds as the project wont exceed the mentioned numbers. 7. When is the best time to kickstart this project. 8 not forgeting about necessary vaccination.

I need other suggestions to determine the scope of this project. Preferably whithin the next 5days.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by omo17(m): 11:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
Following
Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by Gozychuks(m): 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2015
Here comes pics of the chicks @1 day old
I took this pics on the 17th of Octorber

Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by dailynaijanews(m): 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
How many are the Birds in total
Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by Eefosa1: 7:35am On Oct 26, 2015
pls house help and advice as i lost one of my big boiler yesterday ,i can figure it out after given them lasota and antibiotic and vatalyite ,am planning to deworm them today
Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by Gozychuks(m): 12:58am On Oct 31, 2015
Make sure they are not sick or weak before u deworm cos that will further weaken them
Re: Pilot Poultry Biz Project(a Case Study On The Profitability Of Raising Broilers) by Gozychuks(m): 12:59am On Oct 31, 2015
dailynaijanews:
How many are the Birds in total
they are 50

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Formular For Breeding Broilers, Layers And Cockrels And The Vacine And / Plz I Need The Address Of Zartech Or Any Hatchery Located In Ibadan / RENT A FARM. Very Sweet Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.