Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

How To Get a .NG Domain Name? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Get a .NG Domain Name? (24296 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Register .edu.ng Domain / How to Get .com, .net And .com.ng Domain Names For Free / Free .com.ng Domain Name Offer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Fox(m): 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2005
Alright one of my clients wants a .ng domain name.  Does anyone know where and what I need to do to get it?  None of my domain name stores offer this.  Has anyone done this?  Please help.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Ka: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2005
Get in touch with this guy:

Randy Bush <randy at psg dot com>

I know he used to manage Nigeria's domain names at one point, but I'm not sure what the situation is. In any case, he should be able to point you in the right direction.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by timmy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2005
www.nitda.org..

or u could go to thair office on the island
No 9 Kofo Abayomi vi
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Fox(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2005
Thx Ka, randy bush has an extensive form on his site which I don't want to fill out for fear that it will take donkey years for the request to be fulfilled. Plus this domain will be forwarded and that breaches one of the requirements.

Timmy thx for your input but that link is dead. Anyone else have phone numbers or domains that u actually set up with .ng ?

Thanks in advance

Seun where u dey sef? now wey i need your input I no come see u
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 3:50pm On Oct 28, 2005
well i just registered 3 of .ng domains, check out www.nitda.org.
but really, you wont get lots of help there.
but is the domain for a govt or private establishment? let me see if i can help.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 3:56pm On Oct 28, 2005
Randy bush wont contact u even u knock on his front door especially these days that he's so "busy". There are are many pitfalls on the way,(i can tell cuz have been there).
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by rufaai(m): 12:13am On Oct 29, 2005
Fox: Alright one of my clients wants a .ng domain name.  Does anyone know where and what I need to do to get it?  None of my domain name stores offer this.  Has anyone done this?  Please help.

You can register .ng domains from www.gigalayer.com
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by joshjosh(m): 11:11am On Oct 31, 2005
ok. that was the name i was looking for earlier. randy fox. not very helpfull. so what is the best bet because i do want to register some extensions plsssssssssss.

thanks in advance
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Fox(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2005
Deeman the site you posted isn't up. Please let me know how u got yours...and the company is a private one.

rufai, my site is http://www.naijaYouth.com
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2005
hi, fox
saw your posting, i was hooked on an assignment.(sorry). since its a private domain its a little bit different, (for govt organizations its free). i will get the info for private organisations and get back to you.
one thing to note is that it takes some time(not our usual 24-72hours).But your server ie the dns must be on different networks-eg

67.123.15.22 - ns1.yourname.com
58.23.116.45 - ns2.yourname.com

hope you get what i mean.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by kazey(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2005
Nigeria na wa o. Just some freaking .ng domain. why is it so complex. I think I would get to the bottom of this issue.

1 Like

Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by ijebu(m): 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2005
I wonder for Naija, if smaller African countries can get their ccTLD working fine it is a shame that Naija can not get .ng to to be avialbale without unnecessary problem.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 1:11pm On Nov 08, 2005
its not that its that difficult. the problem is that full control is still with someone thats doing it for free and so cant be hurried up, since he is not been paid. i was talking with the Nigerian admin guys lately and got the gist that that the situation will soon change(hopefully).
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by timmy(m): 8:59am On Nov 11, 2005
Guys whats happening.. this .NG thingy is driving me crazy, i was forced to settle for a temporary domain for an old clients
www.oshodi-isolo.org which should have been www.oshodi-isolo.gov.ng

@ Kazey i hope you can do some of your smart little tricks here man... Just cant wait for a ccTLD hero in nija rolleyes
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by timmy(m): 9:07am On Nov 11, 2005
Just gota lil tip online guys could try it sha.. cos ive done that already

http://psg.com/dns/ng/ng.txt cheesy
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2005
ok guys, for the gist:

if you are registering for a government organisation, you download and print the form @ http://psg.com/dns/ng/ng.txt
fill it:
ie
0.   NG DOMAIN TEMPLATE....: 2.32  2005.01.06

1.   REGISTRATION TYPE
         * (N)ew (M)odify (D)elete..: New(for new domains)

2. * FULLY-QUALIFIED DOMAIN NAME:  www.myorg.gov.ng
      3.   ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
      3a.* Organization Name.....: my org international[/color]
      3b.* Address Line 1........: [color=#990000]Ibadan road lagos

3b.* Address Line 2........:
      3c.* City..................: Ikeja[/color]     
      3d.* Postal Code...........: po box 1254 festac town
      3e.* Country...............: Nigeria[color=#990000]

4. * DESCRIPTION OF ORG/DOMAIN:

5.   Date Operational......:   01-12-05 (put date which you want the domain operational)

6.   ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT OF ORG/DOMAIN
      6a.  NIChandle (if known)..:
      6b.* Whole Name............: Ade seun okeke
      6c.  Organization Name.....: myorg international
      6d.* Address Line 1........: ibadan road lagos
      6d.  Address Line 2........:
      6e.* City..................: Ikeja
      6f.* Postal Code...........: po box 1254 festac town
      6g.* Country...............: Nigeria
      6h.* Voice Phone...........: 01-523698
      6i.* Electronic Mailbox....: mymail@mail.com (it should be a mail that is presently operation, even yahoo mail will do)
      6j.* RC num (for .com.ng)..: ( if your client is a private organisation, input its company registration number)

7.   TECHNICAL AND ZONE CONTACT
      7a.  NIChandle (if known)..:
      7b.* Whole Name............:  (your own name and address, mail, phone should be placed in this section)
      7c.  Organization Name.....:
      7d.* Address Line 1........:
      7d.  Address Line 2........:
      7e.* City..................:
      7f.* Postal Code...........:
      7g.* Country...............:
      7h.* Voice Phone...........:
      7i.* Electronic Mailbox....:
      7j.* Registration Mailbox..:
      7k.  Fax Number............:

FILL OUT QUESTION 8 AND 9 FOR DELEGATIONS ONLY (i.e those organizations
running nameservers for a branch of the NG Domain namespace,

Note that your domain name servers should exist on a different backbone or Network or else your application wont go through
      8.   PRIMARY SERVER: HOSTNAME, NETADDRESS
      8a.* Hostname..............: eg (dns1.myorg.com)
      8b.* IP Address............: 69.23.123.56[/color]
      9.   SECONDARY SERVER: HOSTNAME, NETADDRESS
      9a.* Hostname..............: (dns2.myorg.com)
      9b.* IP Address............: [color=#990000]62.125.14.25
[/b]

[b]Leave the remaining entries below blank

FILL OUT QUESTION 10 FOR DIRECT REGISTRATIONS IP HOSTS (if you answered 8 &
9, do not answer 10, 11, and 12)

10.   RESOURCE RECORDS (RRs) FOR IP INTERNET HOSTS
     10a.* IP ADDRESS (required).:
     10b.  HARDWARE .............:
     10c.  OPERATING SYS ........:
     10d.* MX ...................:

It is your responsibility to see that an IN-ADDR pointer record is entered
in the DNS database.  Contact the administrator of the IP network your host
is on to have this done.

FILL OUT QUESTIONS 11 AND 12 FOR NON-IP HOSTS (such as UUCP)

11.   FORWARDING HOST INFORMATION
     11a.* Forwarding Host.......:
     11b.* Contact Name (req)....:
     11c.* Contact Email (req)...:

12.   RESOURCE RECORDS (RRs) FOR NON-IP HOSTS (UUCP)
     12a.  DOMAIN NAME ..........:
     12b.  HARDWARE .............:
     12c.  OPERATING SYS ........:
     12d.* MX (required).........:

Good luck
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by icecool(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2006
Register your .NG domain names here at Icecool Contracts.

http://support.icecool.ws

we act as a go between for the client (yourselves) and the registrar (Randy Bush).

The process takes about 30 days because there have to be checks on the company registering the domain.

We charge (not for the service) but for the use of Our DNs servers.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Deeman(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2006
icecool dont you think 30days is too long for a domain registration?
and by the way , you didnt put cost on your site.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by icecool(m): 12:20pm On Jun 06, 2006
No actually.

As It is not us that do the registration.

Imagine what happens with .NG registrations.

1: Form is delivered to Randy Bush with Valid DNS Address
2: Randy Emails Company Details to a Lawyer in Abuja to confirm credentials of Company
3: Lawyer calls the Admin POC to verify that the person really is aware of the registration
4: Lawyer replies Randy Bush
5: Randy puts the form through a script and
Voila 24 hours later , your domai nis registered

Now, take into account that

1:Randy does this job pro bono. ( so , it is in his spare time to read our emails about registration)
2: If the lawyer is around (Has been known to leave Abuja on business and thus not have easy access to email) then
a: the Lawyer in Nigeria might not get through to the Admin POC contact first time, he will not keep trying until he gets through. He might reply "Not Verifiable" in which case randy replies -- Admin poc not verifiable , where we have to now get other contact numbers for the Admin POC incase it is only a mobile provided.
3: If the Lawyer does get through to the person then ALL GOOD
4; email back to randy and then Randy processes the application ( Not necessarily the same day)

30 Days is enough time to handle any disappointments. Imagine I told you 2 days , and 14 days later, your domain is not registered1!!!!!

Irrate Customer on your back!!

FEES:

NGN 4,500 per annum for .com.ng, .net.ng, .edu.ng and .org.ng (initial registration is for 2 years)
2 letter registrations attract higher fees

.gov.ng attarcts NGn 25,000 as a security check is done on the organisation registering the domain . ( Would not want to be the one to answer for some one registering "thepresidency.gov.ng". Get my drift?

Hope this covers your questions and possibly opens up another can of questions.

the FEES are on the site once you register for FREE and then request the domain name you would like.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by smartsoft(m): 10:45am On Jun 07, 2006
Sorry pls is Randy ? the registra of .NG domains
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by timmy(m): 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2006
naa its not randy its Hot tongue grin
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by nwaigboannoying: 12:36pm On Jun 17, 2006
To get .ng right now seems to me like it's a pain in the butt
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by netzymes(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2006
Dear Fox,

The job takes a little longer because the system is yet to be automated and details are thoroughly checked by Randy Bush. Please read http://darwin.com.ng/63.html and contact us if you want to take it further. The cost of administration and details required are on the site.

We have recently registerd http://www.damache.com.ng and http://www.cornerstoneconstruction.com.ng. Our website address is http://www.darwin.com.ng.

Regards
Tim (eMarket)
http://www.darwin.com.ng
http://www.ip4properties.com
http://www.ip4hotels.com
http://www.purefoto.com
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by techie(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2006
I have personally had several run ins with Randy Bush and I can say he is the most erratic fellow you can ever come across, he runs the .ng domain as his own personal fiefdom.

for the record I have sucessfully registered some domains with him and using the exact same procedure have sent others which fail. ALL the domains I tried to register are from reputable organsations so there is nor rhyme or logic to his methods of determining who gets registered or who doesnt.

Note that your domain name servers should exist on a different backbone or Network or else your application wont go through

This is his pet peeve because he actually wrote RFC (request for comment) which governs that bit of the requirements for DNS so even though other DNS registrars will allow you to register your domain.

Please we need to look for a company org another organisation to manage our .ng domain without having to go through the pains we are currently undergoing.

I shudder to think what will happen if Randy Bush's (Sounds like a relative of George Bush they both have bulldozer attitudes) server goes down or if he should kick the bucket. That would be a major disaster for Nigerians the NITDA should take up full responsibilty and administer the .ng domain is my own opinion
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by netzymes(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2006
Hi Techie,

I have been fustrated a few times but the DNS issue is a good idea. A part from the fact that the redundancy enables you to react quickly to server problems b y switching to backups.

I recently tried to view one of our .com sites in a clients office and it failed to come up, but I was able to view all the .com.ng site and all the other sites on a redundant DNS setup.

I have since moved all our site to the redundant system recommended - .com.ng or not.

But I feel your pain.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by niyyie(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2006
Also try Web4Africa for your .ng domain registration smiley
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by jomoal99: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2006
if you can get  alll he  info  from 1to 6j- from jiija on the form Deeman  posted- i'll get a name .com.ng name for you in 3 days easy cool
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by gochi(m): 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2007
Hello all

u dont have to go through all that process to get your own .com.ng domain names. It's easy and you can get it in 24hrs. your company Local presence is required.

Registration is for 2 yrs minimum

optional
5 mail boxe +$30
20 mail boxes +$80
1 yr business hosting +$200 dollars

if u dont wont the hosting and u already have a webhost, i will redirect the url to your existing domain name. else u have to wait for 2 months to transfer the domain to ur registrar (that's the standard time it takes to transfer a newly registered domain name to another registrar).

Process: pay the money into a dom account so it can be used to transfer funds to the registrar (takes at least 2 days to complete). Then the account can be paid for and that's it you have yoursite.com.ng domain which is premium.

contact me on 08024009195. yahoo im: gochi_2k
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by kanna84: 7:33am On Feb 22, 2010
Ya am also getting best domain name in here http://www.xnynz.com/  @ reliable costs with best hosting services. Also they provides some more free services with that domain name. And the free services are,  *  Photo Album
    * Quick Blogcast
    * Hosting with  site builder
    * Personalized Email Account
    * Starter Web Page
    * "For Sale" Page
    * Parked Page w/ Domain
    * Domain Forwarding & Masking
    * 100-Pack Email Forwarding
    * Total DNS Control
    * Change of Registration
    * Status Alerts
    * Domain Locking
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by seewalkem: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2010
fox ve u registered the domain, if not get in touch with me on 07028550731. Am a registered info tech pactrn. i mean a member of CPN, NCS and the orgainsation in charge with .ng is a body under CPN so dont worry i will get it done.
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by felifeli: 8:05pm On Feb 25, 2010
Does anyone really and honestly know how to get .NG name ?
Re: How To Get a .NG Domain Name? by Seton(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2010
talk to websoft, there services is good and cheap, i have registered some ng with them, even .gov.ng for Local Government,
to have it done easier and faster, get all that will be required, an adminstrative contact, who will be residents in Nigeria, a CAC number for the company you want to register among other things,

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful Bloggers In Nigeria 2017 (photos) / Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name / Top 25 People On Nairaland This 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.